• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The photo thread

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Ooo, nice!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

A grasshopper that was sitting in the sun on one of my chairs in the garden.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

How big is this guy? Can’t tell the scale from the picture.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 16 August 2014 01:20 AM

How big is this guy? Can’t tell the scale from the picture.

That first picture is his actual size. Fear the killer grasshopper! Tongue

All kidding aside, that’s one amazing camera (and lens) you have there, Willem! Gasp
Amazing level of detail!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 16 August 2014 03:52 AM

All kidding aside, that’s one amazing camera (and lens) you have there, Willem! Gasp
Amazing level of detail!

I know, I’m very jealous… Shifty Eyed

Tongue

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Eek!  It’s one of the locusts from The Abominable Dr. Phibes! Gasp

That is excellent photography, tsa!

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yeah it’s a good lens (Sigma 105 mm macro), and those extention rings are excellent! The photo of the head of the monster isn’t cropped in any way! I never knew that grasshoppers had four eyes… I wonder what they use that very small one for.

Thanks for the compliments people. It was a combination of a steady hand, a stationary subject, enough light and the right equipment that did it. It was one of those rare moments in which they all come together.

Oh and by the way, the animal was about 4 cm in length I think. Not a very big grasshopper.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

You are an excellent photographer tsa!

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh, I just wanted to share this because it made me super happy the other day - I was googling my name and noticed that a picture I submitted for the Urban Photographer of the Year competition was included in their Facebook page among Some of that week’s (11th August) best entries Smile

Here’s a link to just the photo.

I’ve never had any of my photos noticed in any way in a competition before. Now, this is far from actually winning something in the competition (it is only closing today or tomorrow) but it feels like a small victory anyways, especially since those feelings have been lacking for me in quite a while Wink

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That is an excellent photo, UPtimist!  I like the near silhouettes against the great view.  Good luck with it!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2004-04-01

PM

Hi everyone! Long time no see!  Wink Here´s a recent photo of me and my wife from our midsummer wedding!

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Upsie: that is indeed a great picture!

Tobbe: Congrats to you and your wife! You both look great! (Love the dress!)

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

You’re both dressed very nicely and look like nice and happy people. Lovely pic.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I was on holiday last weeek in Fort William which is a town in the highlands of Scotland.

The scenery is absolutly georgous so here is some of my photos from the trip.

Day 1

Left my parents house just south of Glasgow and headed North.

Stopped off for lunch at Luss on the banks of Loch Lomand.

Took some driving photos while heading to Glencoe

Stopped in Glencoe for a break

Got to Fort William and looked round the Campsite including the river running next to it and a view of Ben Nevis the highest mountain in Scotland..

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Day 2

Decided to take the steam train to Mallaig which is famously used in the Harry Potter movies as the train to Hogwarts and the famous Glenfinnan Viaduct featured in the film.

Got to Mallaig

Not a huuge amount to do there so had lunch and jumped back on the steam train for the return journey.

Day 3

Weather took a turn for the rainy so we decided to drive to kyle of lochalsh where the Skye bridge is and visit the Isle of Skye.

View of the Skye bridge and over to Skye

On the way back we stopped at probably the most photographed castle in Scotland (eilean donan castle)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top