• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 June 2014 06:52 PM

Just saw the replay of the Dzeko goal… What a terrible offside call…

That was game changer and utter nonsense, how the refrees get free hand crushing dreams and all the efforts is amazing.

Bosnia lost the tempo after that, completely lost it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 June 2014 07:48 PM
wilco - 21 June 2014 06:52 PM

Just saw the replay of the Dzeko goal… What a terrible offside call…

That was game changer and utter nonsense, how the refrees get free hand crushing dreams and all the efforts is amazing.

Bosnia lost the tempo after that, completely lost it.

Yeah, it was tough on Bosnia, they couldn’t get much going in the second half and now they are out.

I hope Nigeria beats Argentina, that would mean an Argentina-France in the next round I think.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’m hoping for a repeat of 1986 in the next game.

It would be in keeping with this world cup with loads of goals (4:3 to Belgium) and some dreadful referee decisions (two of the Belgian goals were offside).

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fans, during the Belgium - Russia match:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Hopefully they woke up for the few seconds of excitement to see Belgium score.

Snore- going back to sleep.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 22 June 2014 01:34 PM

Fans, during the Belgium - Russia match:

Grin Understandable the way the match was going!

Belgium (and Hazard) only decided to wake up in the last 10 minutes. Lukaku has been really poor… Belgium through, probably first place in South Korea doesn’t win today

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I am glad i didn’t check it, zero action game it seems.

The sunny portion of stadium had almost zero Fans, empty.

Korean fans on other hand :o

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 22 June 2014 01:51 PM

Grin Understandable the way the match was going!

First half was mediocre. First 40 minutes of the second half were indeed sleep-inducing.
With the quality of players we have, it should be an entire match like those last ten minutes. I blame the trainer for using two defensive midfielders and a lone striker. Just because you have an abundance of quality players in midfield doesn’t mean you have to play as many of them as you can. I’ve been saying for over a year that they should change the system to play with BOTH Benteke and Lukaku (or now Lukaku and Origi since Benteke’s injured).
And we could really use Nainggolan in midfield, but no, he wasn’t called up. Shifty Eyed

We also need to retire Van Buyten. Seriously. The guy’s only good on attacking corners (he’s our current squad’s top scorer, for Pete’s sake). Defensively we have better options. And Lombaerts should be the main one (not Vermaelen who spent most of the last two seasons on the bench at Arsenal).

Belgium (and Hazard) only decided to wake up in the last 10 minutes.

If Mertens hadn’t gone invisible in the second half, chances are Hazard would’ve been replaced before he finally showed his skill. And now he’ll have done enough to warrant another spot in the starting eleven. If they’d play with two strikers instead of one, Hazard would be the one that I’d bench. He sucks in our national jersey - a shade of who he is at Chelsea… Meh

Lukaku has been really poor…

Only because the matches are so closed and none of our guys even try to get the ball to him. Lukaku is only as good as the guys providing him with the ball. Origi is the better choice in a closed match. As is Benteke. But really, it’d be better if Wilmots would play them both. Lukaku wouldn’t be stranded on an island then.

Belgium through, probably first place in South Korea doesn’t win today

Correction: if South Korea and Algeria draw. Goal difference, not results, remember? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Best refrees strike again.

Todays victim, Algeria.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nice dive.

Algeria has just scored.

Twice

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 22 June 2014 03:23 PM

Best refrees strike again.

Todays victim, Algeria.

Not to mention the penalty Russia didn’t get after that foul by Alderweireldt. And the penalty Belgium didn’t get after that foul on Origi…

My God, South Korea has to be the worst team of the tournament so far… Gasp
Those defenders at the first goal. That keeper at the second goal. Dismal!

And it’s amazing that this is the same Algeria that played with the tactics below against Belgium last Tuesday. Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 22 June 2014 03:14 PM

Belgium through, probably first place in South Korea doesn’t win today

Correction: if South Korea and Algeria draw. Goal difference, not results, remember? Tongue

Grin hey, this time I didn’t mess up, I said probably because it’s not probable that Belgium loses to South Korea and Algeria beats Russia Smile

Although the way Algeria is destroying South Korea, Russia should be very careful

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

South Korea at least put up a fight in the second half.

Final Score

South Korea 2-4 Algreia

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 22 June 2014 04:53 PM

South Korea at least put up a fight in the second half.

Final Score

South Korea 2-4 Algreia

Its more like the lead was enough to put the foot off the pedal.

I don’t think any team could go all offensive for 90 minutes like mad.

Some respite was necessary, Korean goals felt super fluke, that Korean Star player didnt know ball hit his back. lol

Algeria showed amazing awareness and finishers, like oldschool Brazil.

Justice is served.

So like SouthAmericans and CONCACAF, Africans are coming strong.

Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria etc.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

What a goal by Jones for USA!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top