• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Forum Navigation Request

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I realize that this has been mentioned before, but putting a thread’s page numbers and the You Are Here navigation button at both the bottom and top of each page would make browsing the forums so much easier.  I always find myself at the wrong end of a thread when I want to move back a page or go back, let’s say, to Forum Home or Adventure.  It’s annoying to have to scroll all the way up or down to find the right buttons to move on.  Can this be done with the current software?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It probably can’t, but even if it can, it probably won’t be until at least May. In fact, nothing much will be happening on the technical end until then, as Marek’s more or less indisposed for the next few months (as he has the past few).  After that, I expect we’ll start to implement more fixes and improvements.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree that navigation at both the top and bottom would be useful.

What I’d also like is another order of thread page selection. For instance: if a thread has 8 pages, we can select pages 1, 2, 3 and 8. Better would be pages 1, 6, 7 and 8. Most regular users are more likely to be reading the later pages than the earlier pages…  Cool

Are you getting a lot of updates for the ExpressionEngine (or what was it called?) and if so in what regard? Or are you basically “on your own” since it’s been up-and-running?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for your response, Jackal.  We’ll continue to hope for the best. 

All my best to Marek, by the way!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top