• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How to do a sticky note within a thread

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Following is the last message in the Casual Games thread in Adventure. All that lead up to this can be found on the last page of the Casual Games thread.

Chudah - 09 January 2013 10:18 AM

I love the idea, although I think a simple list may get a bit unwieldy.  I wonder if we can’t do a shared spreadsheet or something, though?  Maybe a Google doc spreadsheet like this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE

That’s just a quick mock-up, more details, columns, etc can always be added.  Anyone can edit the list as long as they have the link.

I think that is a great idea. It’s an open-source spreadsheet. My only problem is how to keep it front and center. You know how there are “sticky topics” when you first log on such as the Adventure Game Discount Thread. I wonder if there is a way to do that within a thread? So, whenever someone logs onto the Casual Games thread, whatever page they’re on will have the database link as the top message.

That, I think, would be the ideal way to go. Otherwise everyone would have to remember that the link was in message X on page Y. I will be happy to look into it. But let’s do a quick “throw it out to the masses for comment!” Thanks again for a fantastic proposal…and for making the effort to show how it could be done.

The question is, can this be done. That is, is it possible to insert a sticky note within an individual thread?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I don’t think there’s a way to add a “sticky” that appears at the top of every page, but a moderator can edit the first thread to add the link. Would that work?

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m going to play with this a bit, but that isn’t what I had hoped for. I was hoping for a way that the sticky would lead every page. That way wherever a guest chose to enter the thread they would have top-of-page access to the developer database link.

I know the Casual Games thread was my baby to start, but it has been adopted by many people who deserve great credit for making it what it is. The thread is right up there when it comes to lurkers looking in to see what we’re doing. AKA Hits.

This is one more way to increase the popularity of the thread. There is the mentioned option to attach the link to all of our signatures, but I was looking for something simpler.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top