• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

subbi - 22 December 2018 04:02 AM

...you might even say he did a pretty poor job of it.

A direct consequence of getting a 25 million Euro severance check.

I’d be actively trying to get sacked too if I had a contract like that.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

KDB just scored the best goal in tournament so far, what a player!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 22 December 2018 04:35 AM
subbi - 22 December 2018 04:02 AM

...you might even say he did a pretty poor job of it.

A direct consequence of getting a 25 million Euro severance check.

I’d be actively trying to get sacked too if I had a contract like that.

Does Jose even need 25 millions Euros at this point? Didn’t he get payed enough at Chelsea and Real Madrid?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think the joy Oli brought back to ManU tells it all… to be honest Jose is still my fav coach and i wouldn’t turn against him, but i cant support him at this moment with all the negativity he brought into ManU this season…
chairmen must understand that Jose is a two season manger, max 3 - with any club, first he explore the new club he is at, 2nd he bring trophies, and third could go south easily, i think he just cant maintain ...

anyways, back to KDB’s goal, i really dont get how nobody sees (commented on..) De-Bryune goal as perfect as i see it, it is a goal which only Cantona could have scored. (maybe better)

(00:36) Unbelievable!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s just a cross that was overshot and went in.

I thought his goal in the League Cup last week was a lot better.
https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2018/december/leicester-city-v-manchester-city-carabao-cup-extended-highlights
30 seconds in

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Yeah it a great goal, isn’t he always that prefect when targeting the goal millimeters away from the woodwork. i mean its nuthing new ....
but No Tim,
look at how he followed the ball with eyes until he was sure it went where he wanted it to go, and his body language as he draw back knowing it hits exactly where he wanted (he delebrity fooled everyone), plus he did before at Wolfsberg from the left side if you are following him good thru the years.
there have been no player before with such perfect passes and chips, not Even Zidane was not that good, yah maybe he has no great dribbling techniques or speed, but its enough that he uses both legs with the same quality,sometime (early) i couldnt figure if he a right footed or a lefty!!

and btw he was my Avatar here at the WC time, you were absent (i know) but the Belgium team was my fav (mostly bc of him) i think he has taken Ronaldo’s place in my heart and became my 2nd fav player Laughing

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 24 December 2018 10:14 AM

Yeah it a great goal, doesnt he always that prefect when targeting the goal millimeters away from the woodwork. i mean its nuthing new ....
but No Tim,
look at how he followed the ball with eyes until he was sure it went he wanted it to go and his body language as he draw back knowing it hits exactly where he wanted, plus he did before at Wolfsberg from the left side if you are following him good thru the years.
there have been no player before with such perfect passes and chips, not Even Zidane was not that good, yah maybe he has no great dribbling techniques or speed, but its enough that he uses both legs with the same quality,sometime (early) i couldnt figure if he a right footed or a lefty!!

He made goals like that back when he was playing in Belgium as well. He even specifically calls them “assist-shots”. They’re crosses that are meant as assists, but he hits them a tad harder on the off chance that they go in.

Given where he was, where the keeper was, and how many City players were in the box, there’s no doubt that this was anything other than an “assist-shot”.

I agree that he’s a great player, though. One of the absolute best in the world. Grin

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2019-02-07

PM

With a most recent same-division match concluding in a 10-0, is there any amusement still to be had with this unbelievably uneven and crooked act?

My Lawgiver is whispering a solution.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

After ManC v Watford match (3-0); Sterling’s hatric, Pep said that he (Raheem) didn’t play good; could do better; lost the ball a lot, haven’t maintained his defending chores…  ...What a guy, What aaa guy!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mo Salah: “Hey, Eden, remember a couple of years ago when I was at Chelsea and the trainer didn’t want me?”

Mo Salah: “Look, De Bruyne injured himself again!”

Mo Salah: “Eden, Chelsea is pretty bad already. Imagine how much they’ll suck next year when you’re at Real Madrid…”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 21 April 2019 07:49 PM

Mo Salah: “Look, De Bruyne injured himself again!”

Grin Grin Poor KDB. Love it!

H: I played your whole team all by myself today Mo!
M: Yeah, is that the Sarri-Ball he talks about?
H: Right! just pass-the-ball-to-Harazrd.
M: but really, no one ever told him that “Sarri” is an origin female name?
H: lol, he belongs to a different league then; the FA Women’s National League.
M: hehe, Carry on Eden. yeah, and Maybe next year i will be “right” by your side.
H: you “left” me no choice Mo.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

M: Look, they took Pogba for the EPL team of the season instead of you
H: Pah!, however, Raheem says hi!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Liverpool vs Barcelona has to be one of the craziest results I have ever seen. My mind was blown Pan

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SoccerDude - 07 May 2019 10:28 PM

Liverpool vs Barcelona has to be one of the craziest results I have ever seen. My mind was blown Pan

what a night SD!, they really defined the word Team-Work yesterday.  Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top