• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

what is with what’s new and announcements

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok, someone called me before that i like complain even if things look pretty fine, and i can see that, REALLY that main page is becoming a monster of info news, campaigns. kickstarters ..... for any adventurer to get his feed daily within one page.

ooh wild thing are going on, really.

but some time CaliMonk, the content is confusing,for example how is it that “ADVENTUREGAMERS.COM’ recommend on its front page Yesterday Origins, and lets look a bit further when the player hates as i did, and remembers that it was because of the site recommendation .... there are other bits and pieces here and there but i do not want to end my post with negativity,

i worked once for the site. and even after i was kicked out by my friend Jack, i love the site more, and the forums which must always be the top level of wannabe members,

whats the deal with ‘what’s new and announcements’ being repeated after they had been posted on the main, and are on the top of the forums page, it kills this place privacy, yeah, these forums have the most intelligent people from all and the WHOLE world, and I am not talking about me, i am nuthing, but i met people here that they can start a revolution if things were needed, and its a privet place.

plus it belongs to the members, do you get it Cali, these page its were we breath and that of course because of you, thanks to you..and Jack, but when i see the adds/links over the forums and on the top then i imagine people come here and click the adds but not the forums subjects, it kinda disturbs me, and then i think this place isn’t what used to be,

i am not saying exactly what i really have in my mind but i think its obvious the love of me for the site and whatever you guys do, please Cali,Jack wleave the forums without any Add or links.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Take a look at the first three responses on this thread. We’d posted four different updates about this particular game on the home page, from Kickstarter to videos to launch, and still there are forum regulars who knew nothing about the game.

I’m simply using this one thread as an example I’ve seen repeated many times over. The reality is, lots of forumites don’t visit our home page, so they really don’t know what’s going on in the larger adventure scene. I’ve lost track of how often someone on the forums posts about a game they read about elsewhere, often long after we’d already done so here.

So, a few handy links for people who only frequent the forums to see what’s happening.

If enough people don’t like the links, they aren’t necessarily permanent, but I suspect many people would appreciate being a bit more tuned in. (Or at least having the opportunity to be.)

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Personally I’d like to see some representation for the latest articles/features up there, instead of the configuration that’s there at the moment.  I don’t know what I’d remove to make place for that though, as it would be overloaded having that in addition to what’s there now.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yeah, we had that exact debate, and in fact the articles were there originally. Thinking about it now, a blend of feature articles and new game announcements would probably work on one side, with the more rapidly-changing news stuff on the other.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well, at least now i see the magnifier tips over the “new” headings I’d say, yeah, babe!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jackal - 02 November 2018 03:11 PM

Yeah, we had that exact debate, and in fact the articles were there originally. Thinking about it now, a blend of feature articles and new game announcements would probably work on one side, with the more rapidly-changing news stuff on the other.

Any news on getting the articles up there as well?

I tend to come to the forums directly, so those links up top get me to the main site far more than I wind up there by myself.
If the latest articles and features would appear there too, I’d probably visit the main site even more.

I would certainly have read about the Liviu Boar interview immediately instead of finding out in the Gibbous thread, for instance. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

No news at all, mainly because I think I forgot to follow up.  Crazy

I have now, though, so we’ll see what comes out of it.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Excellent solution!
I love how we even get the specification of what kind of article it is! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

You’re welcome :-)

Also, I have no idea why I missed this thread back in November actually… Sorry Advie. Hope you’ve gotten used to the links.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jackal - 02 November 2018 03:11 PM

Just an observation, but it seems to me like the blend of articles and announcements are changing even more rapidly than the news stuff on the other side. Tongue

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

That’s more circumstantial than anything. Generally speaking, there will usually be no more than three articles and three new game announcements in a given week, so everything on that list has about a one-week shelf life. News is hit or miss. Can be a couple days without anything, or days with three items in a row, bumping other things in a hurry.

That said, as with anything, if the mix ends up not being right, we can always revisit it again. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top