• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

first unread post

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

So, let me know if it’s working as intended, but from my initial tests this seem work as it’s supposed to now. Was able to hack this in :-)

The yellow folder icon (or the “Go to last post”) should now take you to the last post you read.

As said, it took some hacking to get this to work so let me know if it works as intended (or is at least much better).

Edit: Ah I’m dumb, it’s coded so it only works on my account (as I was testing..). Not at my computer now so can’t enable it for all others until tomorrow.

Sorry, one more day!

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

It takes me to the last post of each thread.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Trumgottist - 03 November 2018 10:04 AM

It takes me to the last post of each thread.

OK this should be working now

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Testing so far brings me to the last post of the thread, which was also the first unread post in each case. Need to test again after multiple posts have been made in one of the threads… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Seems to be working correctly. This is a huge deal for the forums, imo. Cool

Thanks, Ivo!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 05 November 2018 04:06 AM

Seems to be working correctly. This is a huge deal for the forums, imo. Cool

Thanks, Ivo!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Sure :-)

Let me know if there’s other big missing features and I can look into how feasible it is to make that.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It works! That’s fantastic!

Thanks a lot, CaliMonk!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

When using it to go to a new thread (that only has one post), I get this:

Error
The following errors were encountered The specified thread does not exist

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 06 November 2018 03:06 AM

Error

Ah, that’s a good find, certainly a bug. Let me find a way to properly fix.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 06 November 2018 07:22 AM
TimovieMan - 06 November 2018 03:06 AM

Error

Ah, that’s a good find, certainly a bug. Let me find a way to properly fix.

Fixed

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk - 03 November 2018 09:23 AM

So, let me know if it’s working as intended, but from my initial tests this seem work as it’s supposed to now. Was able to hack this in :-)

The yellow folder icon (or the “Go to last post”) should now take you to the last post you read.

As said, it took some hacking to get this to work so let me know if it works as intended (or is at least much better).

Do I have to be logged in for this to work? Because both the folder icon and go-to-last-post take me to about halfway the first page.

PS: Even when logged in it doesn’t work as I expected. To-the-last-post doesn’t take me to the last post, but to the last post I read.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

No offense, I appreciate all your hard work for AG’s site and the forums, but I don’t think this is an improvement. It seems to work correctly when I’m logged in on my PC. Problem is I don’t want to log in just to read forum posts and no matter how many posts I’ve read in a particular thread (even one I started myself), the software now always drops me halfway the first page. So now I have to click on the last page number to actually go there, which is a bit of a drag on an iPhone.

I’m wondering if it is possible to keep go-to-last-post reserved for the last post and use the yellow folder icon to go the first unread post? If that is too much trouble or if I’m the only one complaining about the new feature, no problem.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oh, I thought that was the case, that “go to last post” still went to the last post instead of the first unread one.

But then, I’m always logged in, and I just use the yellow folder icon by default to go where I want…

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

This is fantastic!  Thanks, Cali. Smile

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Karlok - 12 November 2018 08:41 AM

No offense, I appreciate all your hard work for AG’s site and the forums, but I don’t think this is an improvement. It seems to work correctly when I’m logged in on my PC. Problem is I don’t want to log in just to read forum posts and no matter how many posts I’ve read in a particular thread (even one I started myself), the software now always drops me halfway the first page. So now I have to click on the last page number to actually go there, which is a bit of a drag on an iPhone.

I’m wondering if it is possible to keep go-to-last-post reserved for the last post and use the yellow folder icon to go the first unread post? If that is too much trouble or if I’m the only one complaining about the new feature, no problem.

I’ll change this during the weekend so only the icon goes to last read post (and maybe add a new link that does the same)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top