• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Front Page Update Feedback

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Fair point, the page does exist actually there just isn’t an active link to it. I’m still looking at the best way to show/display this list of ‘updates’ versus the actual Game Announcements (which is clear now).

Fixed the link to view more news. Thanks!

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-04-08

PM

CaliMonk - 31 August 2018 04:48 AM

Fair point, the page does exist actually there just isn’t an active link to it. I’m still looking at the best way to show/display this list of ‘updates’ versus the actual Game Announcements (which is clear now).

Fixed the link to view more news. Thanks!

It`s great now! Thank you very much CaliMonk!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What a difference something as simple as an inconspicuous background colour for the new game announcements makes! This fixes my entire issue with the two-column style. Massive improvement for me, and that with such a simple and elegant solution.

Great work, Ivo! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 01 September 2018 07:28 AM

What a difference something as simple as an inconspicuous background colour for the new game announcements makes! This fixes my entire issue with the two-column style. Massive improvement for me, and that with such a simple and elegant solution.

Great work, Ivo! Thumbs Up

Thanks!

It was Jack’s idea to be fair :-)

Ivo

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

Problem: Sometimes I still see the upper right roulette for ‘updates’.

Other times it’s the improved version without the automatic roulette, with a date of the specific update and a link to all the updates.

Why wouldn’t it always load the current version?

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hmm, interestingly I noticed this recently as well thinking it was some weird caching bug in my browser. I’ll go over it again as there shouldn’t be any roulette/scrolling effect active anymore.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

OK I’ve removed all behavior related to it, there really shouldn’t have been any scrolling active, but I did notice that some phones still cached the old behavior. Refreshing the page _should_ fix it. Let me know if you see anything odd.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

The roulette effect is gone and the dates are back. Can’t see the link to all updates yet.

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

On the reviews like Outpost Nine where they are unrated. It says hover to explain. The popup box is getting cut off by the border. Can only see the left half.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Lucien21 - 15 October 2018 02:02 PM

On the reviews like Outpost Nine where they are unrated. It says hover to explain. The popup box is getting cut off by the border. Can only see the left half.

Can validate this bug. Only happens on Firefox for me (Not Chrome). Will find a fix.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk, the heading Popular Adventure Games seems to indicate that the titles have already been released, but that is not the case. And what exactly is the difference between the Hype-o-meter and Popular Adventure Games? The list is longer, but they’re mostly the same games in different order. Confusing.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hey Karlok,

Good feedback, the difference is that the Hype-o-meter is about games that are upcoming and still need to be released where there’s ‘hype’ around them.

The Popular Adventure Games is what is currently being visited a lot on Adventure Gamers, so popular game pages on the site actually, based on actual traffic. It changes continiously, while the hype-o-meter is only updated every now and then.

I do get where you’re coming from however, let me think how we could potentially display that differently the Popular Adventure Games. Suggestions welcome. One thing I could do is filter unreleased games from it, or change the wording so it’s clearer that this is a list of ‘trending’ games being viewed on the website.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I wouldn’t mind knowing exactly what the list represents, so changing the wording to “Most visited game pages (last 48 hours*)” would be very clear in that regard.
“Trending games (last 48 hours*)” would be the more trending version, I reckon (see what I did there? Tongue).

* Or which timeframe you’re using to collect the traffic stats.

Just my two cents.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Made a change there, does it make more sense now? I don’t really like using a title like “Most visited game pages” feels too bland. It’s about the games themselves that generate the interest.

It’s based on weekly average stats, so it would change daily realistically. It’s a rolling average.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Perfect, imo. Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top