• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How the site looked 17 years ago today

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2018-04-10

PM

Hello everyone, long time no see.

I found this the other day sitting around on my hard disk - a screenshot I took of the front page of the website, dated April 2001.

At the time, I was ranked 3rd most prolific forum poster with over 1100 posts. I think the top two were phil87 and TheQuiff.

Enjoy.

ag

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yo, BF, welcome back! You pre-date me, and I’ve been here damn near forever. I do recall seeing your name when I first got here, though, probably at the tail end of your run.

That version of the site is really the only radical departure from all the rest. Here are a few other thumbnail snaps of AG iterations over the years.

Joined 2018-04-10

PM

Hi Jackal!

Thanks for the link. I remember the sheer horror that was the move from adventuregamer.com to adventuregamers.com. It was like facebook disappearing for ages, with no way to find out what was happening, when and if it would come back - and where. No way to get in touch with your friends who you spent most nights with.

The History page is really interesting. I recognise all of the layouts of the site from 2000 onwards. I didn’t know Marek owned his own island. I remember someone in the forum mentioning how old Marek was at that time, he was under 20 and was younger than me, and he owned this massive website with tonnes of articles, almost daily news and a buzzing forum, it was quite amazing.

AG has had it’s troubles over the years and it’s great to see it still going. I guess the adventure game can’t be dead if this site is still going after 20 years. How many sites can say they’re that old?

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Working on AG from my private island was a difficult time to be honest with all that sand getting into my laptop. Live and learn. Wink (There might not have been an island…)

That screenshot brings back memories!

Retired AG founder

Joined 2018-04-10

PM

Hi Marek!

Well isn’t today just the day that keeps on giving - here’s one of the forum from January 2002:
ag 35100

and here’s my prized screenshot, the filedate of this is 16 December 2001:
guru old

I went looking and I have a very old folder on my hard disk containing AG stuff. I have the group photo’s, some avatars and even a photo of Tamz holding a frying pan Tongue

Joined 2018-04-10

PM

burnsflipper - 12 April 2018 03:06 PM

Well isn’t today just the day that keeps on giving - here’s one of the forum from January 2002:
ag 35100

Oh wow I just saw the “welcome to our newest member” on this screenshot, what a snapshot in time! This was when Curt travelled overseas to meet megs in real life and they did a joint post together!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top