• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Welcome, Sneaky! Grin

I don’t suppose you happen to play Battlefield 1 or Rocket League on Steam?  I’m really bad at both right now but need to buddy up with someone (particularly in BF1).

Actually, I must post this request in General Chat too.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-04-05

PM

Hello to all folks,

Myself is Brian, just joined this forum site.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-04-26

PM

Hello folks, I’m Girish and i am a newbie out here in AGT. Hope for a wonderful journey out here. Smile

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-04-26

PM

nomadsoul - 23 February 2018 05:59 PM

Welcome Smile

Cant find any other CT gif, so hope this will do Wink

Can’t be better than this.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2018-08-26

PM

Hello everyone

I am new here

I love adventure games and just recently started replaying the classic ‘90s games. Recently have decided to start playing text adventures as well

Pleased to meet you all Smile

Reception: Certainly sir, what name shall I make the reservation for?
Gnome: How about you guess my name and if you get it wrong I eat for free?
Reception: Is it Ifnkovhgroghprm?
Ifnkovhgroghprm: Blasted internet walkthroughs!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome, Corduroy Sombrero!

You forgot to mention to the others that you’re one of the new writers here… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2018-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 04 September 2018 02:08 PM

Welcome, Corduroy Sombrero!

You forgot to mention to the others that you’re one of the new writers here… Wink

Shhhhh! I was trying to go incognito!  Pan

Haha, yes, As Tim says, I am trying my hand at writing reviews. I’ve written about games in the past but in a totally unrelated area of obscure science. I love adventure games and one day hopefully I can do a study to show that they make us all super intelligent!

Reception: Certainly sir, what name shall I make the reservation for?
Gnome: How about you guess my name and if you get it wrong I eat for free?
Reception: Is it Ifnkovhgroghprm?
Ifnkovhgroghprm: Blasted internet walkthroughs!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Coruroy Sombrero!  I like the image your screen name conjures up. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 September 2018 12:36 PM

I like the image your screen name conjures up. Smile

Hehe, I agree. I think it’s a cool nickname. But I’ve always liked “adjective noun” types of names, especially if they *almost* make sense. Grin
I still refer to the movie “Hollow Man” as “Invisible Bacon”, for instance. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-09-05

PM

Hello everyone

I started playing adventure games around 1980 with titles like Pirate Adventure (on an Apple ][). Also, Colossal Cave running at the local university over a 300 baud modem. I don’t even know what that was running on, my dad had built the modem and set this up with his account. I want to say some VAX-based system but don’t remember.

I’m a programmer. These days focusing on functional. Haskell is a favorite language.

I play a variety of game types but always come back to adventure games. Relying on exploration and problem-solving as opposed to twitchy muscle skills or grindy levelling is delightful. I guess some might call it interactive fiction as well.

I’ve been lurking on AG for years, mostly to read the occasional review. I was here today reading about Gone Home and decided to get an account. I would like to contribute user reviews if time permits.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to the site, Dino!  We like user reviews as well as general schmoozing about games in the threads.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hey Dino, and welcome!

Any genre favourites?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-09-05

PM

TimovieMan - 05 September 2018 06:08 PM

Hey Dino, and welcome!

Any genre favourites?

Many of the Infocom games, particularly Planetfall

More recent favorites: Firewatch, Thimbleweed Park and Dropsy.

I mentioned above just finishing Gone Home. Really liked it and will play Tacoma soon.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2018-09-10

PM

My name is Guz and I’m new here.

Two reasons brought me in this forum:

First, I really love Adventure Games!

Second, I’m a 3D artist, looking for make friends and develop an Adventure Game! =D

Is there some group/team developing this kind o game here? or someone interested in join with me to create one?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Guz!  We have many individual developers who frequent the site, but most of them are currently working on their own games.  What kind of a game are you interested in making?

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top