• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Meet - Hastings - 26 May

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

This picture doesn’t really have anything to do with Hastings, more my trip to London on Sunday, but I think it’s so cute I just have to post it!  Smile

It’s my ticket with a little train engine punched by the conductor!  Laughing I’m used to just a hole, or a rip… But this is just absolutely adorable! Grin

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

That’s the English railways for you. Grin

Those are some nice pictures Majsan. For those wondering, this is Bottle Alley, from Hastings, the extended tour.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Majsan - 03 July 2012 05:59 AM

This picture doesn’t really have anything to do with Hastings, more my trip to London on Sunday, but I think it’s so cute I just have to post it!  Smile

It’s my ticket with a little train engine punched by the conductor!  Laughing I’m used to just a hole, or a rip… But this is just absolutely adorable! Grin

But it has to do with Hastings! It says so on the ticket!
Cool train engine Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Choo Choo. that is quite cool. Maybe they will punch Olympic Rings in them now.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2009-02-08

PM

That is cool, I’ve been a commuter in the UK for the best part of 25 years and haven’t had a ticket stamped with a train Frown And bottle alley certainly lived up to its name, wonder if they had people licking the walls when it was first made Laughing

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Grin Maybe I had ‘TOURIST’ tatooed on my forehead!?

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2009-02-08

PM

Well maybe I should pretend to be a tourist and see if I get any special stamps Smile Or maybe all the fun ticket collectors only work near Hastings Wink

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

Hey guys, I am already looking around because of the next AG Meet, which I guess would be here in Germany.

I’d like to visit a castle in the area, which turns out can be quite tricky. The biggest problem is that most castles are not really beside the train station. I want to try and avoid having you guys facing too many changeovers, and also if possible I want to avoid Busses. However, if you guys are fine with riding on a bus (they are very reliable here in Germany), that would add some more options for me to consider.

If busses are not so good, I could see what I can find in and near Wiesbaden or Mainz. They have some nice castles, and at least one Hunting Castle (though I don’t think that one’s really that exciting, though my memory of it is a bit rusty. The last time I was there I was not even 10.

Also we don’t have to set a certain date yet (I have to consider my university schedule), but I wanted to try and have it on another date than pentecost, as usually I visit the WGT in Leipzig during that time (Which is always on pentecost).

So, what do you say?

- Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yay, it’s Jazzie! Smile We don’t see you around enough.

Anyway, as usual it’s highly unlikely that I’ll be able to join so my opinion is rather moot, but it all sounds great to me - I love castles! And I’d love to finally get the chance to try my awkward German for real Tongue

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Jaz
I’d love to visit a German castle! Thumbs Up
I think a bus ride from the trainstation/airport is quite fair in order to get to wherever the next get-together is. It’s more a question of how long a bus ride. Wink
No need to set an actual date yet. If we manage to arrange a get-together every other year, it’s great imho.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I hope i can come this time. I may need a wheelchair again though. That could be a problem.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

tsa - 21 September 2012 11:32 PM

I hope i can come this time. I may need a wheelchair again though. That could be a problem.

The wheelchair wouldn’t be a problem for most castles. Amazingly enough, they managed to make them pretty disabled person friendly. You won’t be able to climb towers, but that’s mostly just an option, and the actual action is in the rooms.

The funny thing is, that for one castle I’ve taken a look at, there’s only listed how far it is to walk up there. They’ll likely allow taxis to drive up there for you, but I’ll first look for a different castles. The castle I was looking for is Castle Frankenstein, which is indeed related a bit (around some corners) to Mary Shelley’s story (they had an alchemist in the family who stole corpses from the graveyard, which made its way into local lore. That was picked up by the Brother’s Grimm. The grandfather or grandmother of Ms. Shelley translated those once, and that’s how she heard of the story. And she even visited the castle here. Smile ).

So yeah, I’ll look what I can find. With bus rides being an option, that will be a big help.

- Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Cool, that sounds good. Thank you Jazzie!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top