• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 21 September 2017 03:27 PM

All of sudden my disk drive busted, making strange sound and not reading discs
Destiny2 did it hard? What could be issue

Or

Fates sign to shift to total digital and apply external HD
Atleast it did it before evilwithin2, now gonna download that definitely

This sucks. I have pretty much gone about 90% digital because disks install the whole game on HD anyway. I got an 8 TB external HD where I store games I don’t play regularly, and I move the current games I’m playing to internal HD. Only problem with external HD is that PS4 OS wants to read all the games off it when I start the console, so sometimes things might take longer to start when you first turn the console on. Still, it’s worth to not have to keep downloading and removing games.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 21 September 2017 05:45 PM
nomadsoul - 21 September 2017 03:27 PM

All of sudden my disk drive busted, making strange sound and not reading discs
Destiny2 did it hard? What could be issue

Or

Fates sign to shift to total digital and apply external HD
Atleast it did it before evilwithin2, now gonna download that definitely

This sucks. I have pretty much gone about 90% digital because disks install the whole game on HD anyway. I got an 8 TB external HD where I store games I don’t play regularly, and I move the current games I’m playing to internal HD. Only problem with external HD is that PS4 OS wants to read all the games off it when I start the console, so sometimes things might take longer to start when you first turn the console on. Still, it’s worth to not have to keep downloading and removing games.

Only downside is i can resell my physical copies and redeem some cash also early copies will be lost, but again i am tired of paying extra 20$ for early copies and that itch to get one early has faded, so many backlog shit and sales promotion digitally have changed my attitude
I am also not the kind who keeps a check on physical copies, most are lost and being thrown left to right
Gonna format 1 TB external and dump shit

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

mark your calender dudes

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tantei kid will like this,

Room mania remake inbound

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 22 September 2017 05:50 PM

mark your calender dudes

From the font and colors, definitely Red Dead. Hope emphasis is going to be on single player.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

-So checked alot of streams of Divinity2 its like next RPG thing, too much cool stuff i expected from Brianfargo KS projects which he half delivered and also happens to shit on Bioware RPGs in many ways
Bending quest lines, no typical quest system, journal based narrative to figure stuff out,
VAs in such a heavy dialogue trees game, classes that make difference and cool customization, tactical hard combat like Xcom and very DnD etc
Biggest of all have coop, even though camera type is not my thing but still would give it a go on consoles with friends

- Was skeptical at first but this trailer sold me to try it , giving ChaosLegion Souls feeling

- PUBG success did a number on Devs and they are suing Fortnite Meh

- Great flash sale up on PSN, got Guiltygearrev2 upgrade finally

- Crash Bandicoot has sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide, thats just ps4 Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

looks less buggy, better stylized and more fun than pubg

I am in

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 September 2017 03:44 AM

looks less buggy, better stylized and more fun than pubg

I am in

I was not following the development of the possible lawsuit, mechanics are exactly like PUBG. Nicely done by Epic on working fast in a rip-off, specially since PUBG won’t be on PS4 for a while and they can get a player base there.
I wonder who will follow next, maybe Ubi?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 25 September 2017 04:48 AM

mechanics are exactly like PUBG

pubg is a ripoff, of 2016 games, even UI

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433850/H1Z1_King_of_the_Kill/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/437220/The_Culling/

. Nicely done by Epic on working fast in a rip-off,

Yess Smile

Everyone Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 September 2017 04:58 AM

pubg is a ripoff, of 2016 games, even UI

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433850/H1Z1_King_of_the_Kill/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/437220/The_Culling/

Not sure how it all started but I think Playerunknown created it as a Arma 2/DayZ mod and also worked in H1Z1 before going to PUBG.
There are like 500 early acess shooters on Steam, so no idea who started what Smile at least PUBG is the one whose mechanics work best for a large crowd.

nomadsoul - 25 September 2017 04:58 AM

Everyone Smile

Destiny’s Battle Royale x CodWW2 Battle Royale x Battlefield/Battlefront Battle Royale x Tom Clancy’s Battle Royale coming in 2018 Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 25 September 2017 05:30 AM

Not sure how it all started but I think Playerunknown created it as a Arma 2/DayZ mod and also worked in H1Z1 before going to PUBG.
There are like 500 early acess shooters on Steam, so no idea who started what Smile at least PUBG is the one whose mechanics work best for a large crowd

Its janky mess, glitches to lags
Playerunknown created it and not suing the kingofhill team he is not part of anymore but fortnite?
And culling and many more?
How about director sue him for copying japanese film name?
Also sue all minecraft ripoffs to yonder to your fav dragquestbuilders2 Smile
How about Souls games ripoff , that would be an endless list Tongue
oh there is ocean horn ans new zelda itself ripped off many games
call mikami too to sue all games that have over the shoulder camera

Shifty Eyed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 September 2017 07:27 AM

Playerunknown created it and not suing the kingofhill team he is not part of anymore but fortnite?

Shifty Eyed

Don’t get me wrong, they have no base for taking legal action (afak), gaming has always been about ripping off what’s popular. Don’t think Bluehole has a case here, just didn’t realize before how similar the new Fornite mode is to PUBG (map, circle of safety, parachuting, etc).
If Epic has to tools to jump on the bandwagon fast, good for them, maybe Fornite was probably not that popular has sandbox team survival so they are trying other stuff.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 25 September 2017 08:21 AM
nomadsoul - 25 September 2017 07:27 AM

Shifty Eyed

Don’t get me wrong, they have no base for taking legal action (afak), gaming has always been about ripping off what’s popular. Don’t think Bluehole has a case here, just didn’t realize before how similar the new Fornite mode is to PUBG (map, circle of safety, parachuting, etc).
If Epic has to tools to jump on the bandwagon fast, good for them, maybe Fornite was probably not that popular has sandbox team survival so they are trying other stuff.

Most games are ripoff of other games in terms of mechanics. Unless they copyrighted the mechanic, I don’t think they have any basis for a lawsuit, and if they do go down that route, I doubt they will win.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

They are saying that it’s not the mode itself that the case is about and more to do with Epic doing it.

Pubg paid a lot in royalties to use Unreal because of it’s success and they see Epic as capitalising on it in their own game. Epic claim to be supporting the indies but are at the same time ripping off their own clients ideas.

Otherwise Pubg would sue Mindcraft or GTA5 for soing similar modes.

Not sure I totally agree with their stance, but it’s coming from Bluehole and not the developers.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

As if hand sim and fidget simulator wasnt enough
Steam content curation continueessss

https://www.gamespew.com/2017/09/suicide-simulator-appears-on-steam-proving-valve-really-doesnt-give-a-shit/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top