• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

It’s also nice to have a company release varied games. It’s not just one Myst clone after the other, or thriller, or cartoon adventure, like many companies specialize in doing.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Daedalic Set Oct/15th for Goodbye Deponia

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Daedalic need a rest.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Gabe - 21 September 2013 03:55 AM

Daedalic need a rest.

Noooooo - Just keep them roiling, I can’t get enough of the high quality games from Daedalic.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I know that Gabe thinks Daedalic is a failure Sick  .. dont bother with him Izno!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m happy with the 1 or 2 high quality games they put out each year, however they haven’t released anything I would call brilliant since the first E&H so maybe they do need to slow down. If we include Deponia 3 I think they’ve put out 3 games already in 2013, I know there must be different teams working on each but Lucasarts was never that productive. Daedelic need to (and can) establish a reputation for fantastic games, not just very good games. They can be the new Lucasarts if they set the bar higher.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Huh ! Lucasarts, that is weird!
Sorry.. but that suggests that after 10 years you wanna find Daedalic with only 20 Adventures released .
anyways 1954: Alcatraz   is Scheduled for Dec, so they are still on the rate of 4 adventures a year like the last one, hope they could expand even more.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I like Daedalic, but I agree with the sentiment that less might be more from them.

Bt

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Blackthorne - 21 September 2013 04:54 PM

I like Daedalic, but I agree with the sentiment that less might be more from them.

Bt

do you envy the guys there Tongue

Three features i wanna mention about Memoria as they might seem to be trivial but i really enjoyed,one is the resurrection of the classic right/left clicks; as it was before, Right;Look Left;Action .. it seemed that one (Left) click only had been taking over for a decade.
Two is the way of freely being able to take back some of the Inventory items through the game when using them on the surroundings, until you have figured out what if they are being used correctly or not ;which creates a sense of uncertainty for more options also making the game’s world seems more real and the gameplaying a little more harder which is something i appreciate,
Three the option at the Settings to either set it to help you through using the Inventory objects by making them glowing over the correct combination or not .

P.S:@Tim are you gonna add Memoria to the Poll?

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Haha, I don’t envy their workload! Though I think they may create better games if they concentrated harder on one project instead of getting spread thin, is all.

Bt

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That workload might actually be a reason why some of their games are pretty bugged and filled with small glithces. Like in the New Beginning where sometimes commands care left untranslated or spoken dialogue and subtitles don’t match up. Big work load -> shoddy QA.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Game-Global Test for Goodbye Deponia (The first test for the game) awards it with 9.5/10 points.  Gasp
http://www.gamersglobal.de/test/goodbye-deponia

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Advie - 01 October 2013 07:49 AM

Game-Global Test for Goodbye Deponia (The first test for the game) awards it with 9.5/10 points.  Gasp
http://www.gamersglobal.de/test/goodbye-deponia

i cant wait. i just finished chaos and i think it was better than the first.. so if this is even better it will be quite special.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

They on the verge of being mass product ag makers.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

While you tryin to be ironic hope not comparing Telltale games production
quality wih Daedalic.They can produce like, 2 Deponia and TDE series every year, because of their lenght doesnt mean will they get any better than episodics.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top