• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gadget: Past as Future

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Anybody played this game? I have heard it was a great game, but I’m confused, because according to wikipedia it was first released in 1993, then 1998 and then in 2011! a remastered version?

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yes, I’ve played it. I have both editions and prefer the original, called Gadget: Invention, Travel and Invention. The second one is called Gadget: Past as Future. Exploration, story, but no puzzles. Text, but no voices either. It’s not everybody’s cup of tea. Art and all that. Smile The 2011 release is for iPad etc.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

A game called “Gadget” has no puzzles? That’s odd.

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’ve heard that the original was really good. You must be one of the few who have played this one!  Laughing

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I wouldn’t mind the mobile release being a remaster then later being released on the PC. Grin

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Neither would I, Monolith! Grin

Well, since I started a thread about this mysterious game, I might as well post a video walkthrough of the first game, for whoever might be interested to check this out…

Gadget: Invention, Travel and Adventure

You awaken in a hotel room feeling as if you’re suffering from some illness that is affecting your mind, and you are not sure what is real. Meeting an enigmatic and somehow threatening man in the lobby who is apparently your boss, you are told that you are to contact an agent with the codename ‘Horselover’. He is a member of a strange group of scientists being watched by the government and, at a secret research facility, he has been conducting mind-altering experiments. Ostensibly your world is about the be destroyed by a Comet, and you are the only one who can save it. Or is it really? Is this just a story that has been created by a fringe group for their own purposes? Or maybe it’s just a figment of your own fevered, mind-altered imagination. To find out, you must travel deeper and deeper into their surrealistic world. You must race against time through abandoned and eerie train stations, talk with many obviously disturbed fellow travelers on those trains, stop at the Museum of Science and operate strange and powerful machines, and even pilot a monorail, airplane and spaceship yourself. And even when it is all over, will you really know the truth?
This is not your usual game. It’s an eerie world of motionless bodies and looming machines. Gadget is probably the best treated among the titles directed by Japanese artist Haruhiko Shono. It has been rereleased in an upgraded package by Cryo Interactive, which took over distribution from Synergy Interactive.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top