• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best replayable AG serial of all times

Poll: Which one do you think is the most replayable ag series of all times?
Total Votes: 50
Broken Sword series
Gabriel Knight "
Indiana Jones
King’s Quest
Monkey Island
Myst
Phoenix Wright
Portal
Sam & Max
Syberia
Tex Murphy series
Zork series

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Antaios - 09 August 2012 07:04 AM

In the end, those are still the exact same games.. Reasoning like that, you might as well count all the different ports the series had for different systems and consoles. If you count TOMI as five different games the versions for pc, iOS, PSN and Wii will make that twenty games already. Surely you’re not serious?

Are you serious now,how do you say that special editions exact same games(you didnt play them i suppouse),even count TOMI as one game still makes 7 MI games no doubt.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

JBS - 09 August 2012 07:38 AM
Antaios - 09 August 2012 07:04 AM

In the end, those are still the exact same games.. Reasoning like that, you might as well count all the different ports the series had for different systems and consoles. If you count TOMI as five different games the versions for pc, iOS, PSN and Wii will make that twenty games already. Surely you’re not serious?

Are you serious now,how do you say that special editions exact same games(you didnt play them i suppouse),even count TOMI as one game still makes 7 MI games no doubt.

Because they are the same games, and yes, I have played them several times. Same story, same puzzles; the basic games are exactly the same (the absence of the MI2 intro notwithstanding), just with updated graphics and sound. In the end there’s still only five games in my book, two of them with an update.

But maybe that’s not a discussion we should be having in this specific topic.  Smile

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

JBS - 09 August 2012 04:38 AM

Results are kinda expectable i think,there are at least 10 monkey island game released but
Gabriel Knight only 3 and Syberia 2 taking higher votes per game respectively.

So why does King’s Quest have so few votes? Counting all the games 1-8, the AGS remakes and all the Silver Lining episodes it should have a lot of replayability.

Or, maybe your theory is just wrong.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

JBS - 09 August 2012 06:45 AM
gray pierce - 09 August 2012 05:56 AM
JBS - 09 August 2012 04:38 AM

there are at least 10 monkey island game released

10? Even if I count Tales as 5 seperate games I still can’t get further than 9.

With 2 remastered editions makes 11.

Tales of Monkey Island is one game, split into five chapters. However I would probably count the remastered editions as two new games considering that they are completely re-done with voice overs. Which brings it to 7 games. Smile

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I concur and MI series full of zany act GK have literally more engaging replay values.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Gabriel Knight series definitely, if only for the accurate depiction of Germany.  So nostalgic for me.

I wanted to say Myst series but once you’ve figured out the puzzles it becomes too easy.  Still beautiful visuals though, especially in the sequels.  I’d love to live there.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top