• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CaliMonkchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best replayable AG serial of all times

Poll: Which one do you think is the most replayable ag series of all times?
Total Votes: 50
Broken Sword series
Gabriel Knight "
Indiana Jones
King’s Quest
Monkey Island
Myst
Phoenix Wright
Portal
Sam & Max
Syberia
Tex Murphy series
Zork series

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Blade Runner because of the very advanced (for the time and even by today’s standards) choice and consequences system it has.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-04-20

PM

As Black Mirror & Secret Files arent there Frown  Syberia Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Space Quest!

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

Out of this list I pick Monkey Island because even when you replay it its still have the same charm as the first time (my favorite is the third one).

Another series I especially like is Simon the Sorcerer, the first two game were excellent (the second is my favorite AG in all times) the third were complete rubbish and the last two were just mediocre.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

Voted Monkey Island, because I literally replay the entire series every year, where I start somewhere in the spring and finish the last game (TOMI, since two years) in the Autumn. This year has the added bonus of my girlfriend (we’re almost six months together now) watching me play and enjoying the stories and humour quite a bit.

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Grim Fandango is the most eminently replayable story in video games I’ve ever encountered. The richness of that world stacks up to multiple replays IMO. So that by a county mile.

Since it’s not on the list…Gabriel Knight.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

for me it was BS….i’ve played the first 8+ times some alone some with my cousin and still do nearly one a year although i’ve stopped finding new things to learn since we played it too carefully the first times so no new things to learn from the originals,i’ve played the DC only once so there might be some things leftover there.the second 4-5 times out of which 2-3 were with my cousin.the third a mere 2 times because i was thrown off by the gameplay-3D combo while i like the story.it wasn’t so much the 3D but the cumbersome controls in tandem with the 3D.

also @Antaios…when there is company with mutual interests it’s very good but when there is a girlfriend…. Thumbs Up  Cool

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I think that one or two people may have missed the word “serial” in the thread title! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I’d have to say Broken Sword (the first one, specifically) as I’ve played 1 and 2 sooooo many times I’ve lost count. The same thing applies to Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 as well. After that would be Monkey Island (1-3) and then Gabriel Knight (1-3).

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Looks like BS1 became a real legendary ag now.I’ve started playing with ps1 version than replayed pc version some years later,it was fascinating with full details.After couple years played on scummvm with hr filter then DC came up and started on ds one more time and then on pc again…but i’ve never found the same attraction when i’ve played first time on pc maybe the reason i’ve been staying London and Paris at the same time.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

for me it was the factor which made me decide to get into game development.i find the same attraction ,minus the feeling of new things to discover about the story,every year at least for the original’s replays.

and there is also the Wii version among the first DC versions.although the original on pc is my favourite i like the DC for it’s explanations on things and the extra content.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Results are kinda expectable i think,there are at least 10 monkey island game released but
Gabriel Knight only 3 and Syberia 2 taking higher votes per game respectively.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

JBS - 09 August 2012 04:38 AM

there are at least 10 monkey island game released

10? Even if I count Tales as 5 seperate games I still can’t get further than 9.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

gray pierce - 09 August 2012 05:56 AM

With 2 remastered editions makes 11.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

JBS - 09 August 2012 06:45 AM
gray pierce - 09 August 2012 05:56 AM

With 2 remastered editions makes 11.

In the end, those are still the exact same games.. Reasoning like that, you might as well count all the different ports the series had for different systems and consoles. If you count TOMI as five different games the versions for pc, iOS, PSN and Wii will make that twenty games already. Surely you’re not serious?

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top