• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jackal - 29 October 2019 09:12 AM

So, for the resurrection of AGSOTD, I have a suggestion. Feel free to completely disregard, but it seems to me it would serve a number of purposes.

Instead of showing scenes of released games, how about focusing on upcoming games instead? No one will be speaking of them with any kind of firsthand knowledge (except perhaps in rare exceptions), but in a way that kind of puts everyone on equal footing in terms of reacting to what’s been shown so far.

There’s an almost depressing lack of chatter about really promising games coming down the pike, and this would be a good way to draw attention to them on the forums—and hey, maybe even get yourselves enthused about some new stuff too.

Thanks Jackal, I’m not sure that focusing on upcoming games entirely is the way to go: 

1. There’s probably a depressing lack of chatter about really ‘promising’ games as often enthusiasm on the part of the developer is greater than their commitment, finances, time etc & in a lot of cases means that their game’s not going to turn up for a few years (if at all) & we don’t know what it’s going to be like until it turns up.

2. On that note, focusing on upcoming games that haven’t yet been released - who will have anything to say as they haven’t been played yet except by reviewers & beta-testers???? What would I have to say? I am honestly not into promoting games that I & more specifically the general game player know nothing about but perhaps with a little help from the developer…just a day a week perhaps….okay, worth thinking about.

3. About really promising games (again!) - I’m sorry but there are hundreds of games/episodes that have been promised over the last umpteen years & just haven’t materialised & I don’t believe an AGSotD will help them to turn up - see point 1 ....it could be interesting to see what happened.

Games that have a kickstarter I would be interested in & worthy of showcasing.

Otherwise my purpose for the thread would be to showcase newer games, freeware & reflect on older games good & bad. I do like the idea of games in production ....possibly games that never made it & why?....I’m thinking!

Sorry Tim, no Casuals as such - Adventure-Lite possibly. 

Smile

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 29 October 2019 07:10 AM

Tim, I don’t want to see a very knowledgeable gamer & a great contributor to this forum banned due to you using any excuse following my post & misquoting on another to provoke them rather than sticking to the subject!

Smile

There was no misquote. And, if there is no casual option, there is not much I can contribute. I withdraw the offer. Best of luck.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m sorry Tim to have been so abrupt - I had this idea in my head which probably amounted to a year of self-indulgence promoting the games I’d played Thumbs Up
So, I wasn’t very receptive to any other ideas at the time from you or Jackal & posted quickly.

I’ll get back about the other ideas from Jackal which I’m drawn to but meanwhile my thought on Casual Games at the mo is that I’ve got umpteen credits in my BF account - I keep playing demos but nothing grabs me enough to spend them as they’re pretty much all the same but I did try True Fear & it’s a great suggestion. Have you got another 51 interesting games that stand out from the same generic ‘crap’ as True Fear does?
Sorry I don’t mean that to sound so aggressive. 

Smile

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 30 October 2019 04:18 PM

I’ll get back about the other ideas from Jackal which I’m drawn to but meanwhile my thought on Casual Games at the mo is that I’ve got umpteen credits in my BF account - I keep playing demos but nothing grabs me enough to spend them as they’re pretty much all the same but I did try True Fear & it’s a great suggestion. Have you got another 51 interesting games that stand out from the same generic ‘crap’ as True Fear does?

Sorry I don’t mean that to sound so aggressive.  Smile

Unfortunately, there aren’t 51 more games. I would be hard pressed to come up with 15 of 20. Although in fairness, I didn’t post screenshots/reviews exclusively of the games I liked. I think I was fairly even-handed ... posting a fair number of screenshots of games I didn’t like, along with an explanation of why.

One thing that is hindering me from finding potentially good games is that I refuse to play anything but a demo of sequels. I think I played around 30 sequel demos, (and that seems to be all that is available these days.) Of those, I probably purchased six. And, of those, I think I only liked two.

No problem on the other stuff.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top