• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Invasive Recall - Cyberpunk Adventure Game

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

here is a Kickstarter of an adventure that has been launched a day or two ago, reminds me (us) of why i really fell in love with this genre a long while ago.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/854030824/invasive-recall?fbclid=IwAR07sDKkZcrK7UlwORMue7Y2I49gXGwaQ4xeb-Bj9cX1JXUVsD35Gn9ABpk

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Looks very interesting from the trailer. Heavy Blade Runner and Total Recall vibes but that’s not a bad thing at all. Like what I see so far and there’s an ongoing KickStarter campaign for more info.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Now that’s a very interesting game. I will most certainly be keeping my eye on this game. Looks great so far!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Thanks for posting, there can never be enough cyberpunk adventure games so I am a backer now.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Is it just me or has the word “cyberpunk” become a stand-in for “Blade Runner ripoff” - right down to the font in the title, the cars, and the clothing? I mean there’s plenty of other material to copy if you want to do a cyberpunk game.

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Looks interesting enough, the voice acting is very bland, hope that improves

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Luhr28 - 08 April 2021 09:06 AM

Is it just me or has the word “cyberpunk” become a stand-in for “Blade Runner ripoff” - right down to the font in the title, the cars, and the clothing? I mean there’s plenty of other material to copy if you want to do a cyberpunk game.

To be fair, these guys seem to be ripping off Total Recall more than they do Blade Runner. Blade Runner similarities seems to be only visual gimmicks here.

If only they would copy ideas from Blade Runner adventure game… there’s lots of things there that games even today could benefit from.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Looked really cool. I was enthralled by the story. And I really liked the voice acting too

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

GateKeeper - 09 April 2021 02:55 AM

To be fair, these guys seem to be ripping off Total Recall more than they do Blade Runner. Blade Runner similarities seems to be only visual gimmicks here.

If only they would copy ideas from Blade Runner adventure game… there’s lots of things there that games even today could benefit from.

Well, I can say I like that they’ve used the verb interface, which is a lot more dynamic than the rather boring left/right click style of most 3rd person adventures these days.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Well, one reason to copy Blade Runner is because you are a fan of the movie. Blade Runner gave the cyberpunk genre its look and really helped define how visually cyberpunk appeared.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Im def going to keep this on my radar

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Just a reminder, the Invasive Recall Kickstarter is closing in just 45 hours.
I know nothing about the game, but the screenshots look great, both in terms of graphics and interface, and I *know* I will want to play it eventually, so I backed it just a minute ago.
Hope this makes it, I really do.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Hopefully the outcome of this KS campaign wont be the end for this game’s development. Especially since its failure is due to a bad campaign more than anything. People shouldn’t hear about your game for the first time with a crowdfund. Indies need to build hype and the Invasive Recall dev didn’t even have a twitter account until like a week into their campaign.

It’s kind of shocking how poorly it was managed. Random users of FB, Twitter and Reddit were more proactive about getting the word out than the devs. I just hope they can still complete the project.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Yes, someone has said (don’t remember who) that running a Kickstarter campaign is a full-time job in itself, you need to spend hours on different things every day.

These guys just seemed to put up a campaign and let it run its course on its own.

Now they are in that tough spot where they either need to abandon to project, or downsize it to run a second campaign. The first option would be a shame, the second option has rarely produced good games, so it’s probably not going to attract even all the first campaign backers back.

I remember at least one game where I backed the first attempt which failed, and the second time around the goal seemed completely unrealistic, so I didn’t back that. Eventually there even was a game released, which was incomplete and very buggy and it never got even properly finished.

The best option for this game would be if the campaign proved to some publisher that the idea has potential. With the numbers this campaign has, I think it isn’t enough for that to happen.

Hopefully the developers can think of something, because the concept seemed to be surprisingly inspiring, at least in theory.

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

It’s a shame that this didn’t happen, but I can understand why it didn’t. Like others have said, just not enough effort was made to garner attention.
There should have been a demo, podcast interviews, print interviews, more community interaction, etc. 
I’ve seen it so many times in so many different industries: Great creators are often not also great marketers, and so many cool things get lost in the shuffle or never see the light of day because of it.
I would gladly back it again given the chance, and if a new campaign doesn’t happen, then I really hope a publisher picks it up.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea, but as a Bladerunner fan I’m loving it. The more Bladerunner, the better.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top