• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

INCANTAMENTUM - coming 2021

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2013-09-25

PM

Hi everyone!

Thought it was time to share our next game here.

INCANTAMENTUM is our upcoming folk horror narrative-driven adventure. Explore the isolated moors of rural Victorian England as you uncover the mysteries of Hob’s Barrow.

The answers lie in the soil…

You can see the Steam page here. Please consider adding it to your wishlist as it helps so much with visibility on release, thanks! You can also download the demo on Steam!

The story
A mysterious letter invites noted barrow-digger Thomasina Bateman to the isolated and somewhat unwelcoming village of Bewlay, England. A series of strange events in this ancient and sodden landscape prove that this will be no ordinary dig for Miss Bateman.

The excavation of Hob’s Barrow will uncover more than was bargained for…

Features
- A dark, complex and evolving storyline featuring interwoven elements from real English folklore.
- Traditional point and click adventure game puzzles and interactions, with an easy modern interface.
- A cast of intriguing characters, from suspicious villagers to sickly vicars to lordly landowners, all with their own unique stories and motives.
- A distinct folk horror tone and grounding.
- Evocative pixel-art graphics, featuring cut-scenes and engaging animations.
- A suitably atmospheric original soundtrack from the musician behind the award-winning “Football Game” soundtrack.
- Fiends in the furrows, the smell of damp soil, and a cat or two.

We’ve been working on this since the release of Sumatra: Fate of Yandi - initially we were aiming for a release around now but many factors have conspired against us this year. We are now aiming for a Q1 2021 release.

We recently released a demo as part of the Steam Game Festival and I’ve left it up on the Steam page, you can still download it! Feedback has been great and we are confident this will be our best game yet. The game will also be available DRM-free on itch.io and we are aiming for console ports as well a bit further down the line.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks,
Shaun
Cloak and Dagger Games

Cloak and Dagger Games: http://cadgames.co.uk

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I’ve played the demo the day it was released. This game is going to be awesome. I can’t wait to play the full version.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

shaunaitcheson - 22 October 2020 06:27 AM

Feedback has been great and we are confident this will be our best game yet.

If it’s better than Sumatra then you have some game on your hands!  Cool

I’m not a big horror buff so I hope the scares are kept to a minimum, but I might have to give this a try anyway.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Great!

I loved Football Game and The Terrible Old Man, so I can’t wait for this one. I still have to play Sumatra, I heard many good things about it…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2013-09-25

PM

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, it really means a lot Smile

Cloak and Dagger Games: http://cadgames.co.uk

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top