• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalefurgottenIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

An instant classic,after unsuccessful Kickstarter campaign who would’ve expected this?

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension review

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I played the freeware game a few years ago and had a LOT of laughs.

Seeing the five-star review here has made me VERY curious. I do believe I’ll be checking this game out. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

What fun!  Thanks for posting this, Gabe.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Well I’ve been having a go & classic isn’t smacking me in the face just yet & I like stories & one of those isn’t hitting me just yet either but it’s early days…......  Smile

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I bought this right at release date based on the aforementioned freeware mini-game. It’s super fun, pure entertainment! I’d say it’s built around meta-comedy (if that’s a thing, if not - it totally should be), and is one of those games I’d recommend to dive into blind or with as little info as possible, for 100% satisfaction. Laughing
One of the most enjoyable titles I played this year. Give this a try!

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

What a fun game to play, very intelligent design.
It has to be one of the best adventure games released in the last couple of years.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love this game as far as I’ve got - it’s hilarious & the puzzles are clever! But I’ve got stuck & what’s missing is a cheat code please (in keeping with the spirit of the game - what do you mean you forgot!!!) to get past a particularity annoying & repetitive ‘boss/action’ sequence - no, there isn’t one so for me the score for this game goes from 5 to 4!  Naughty

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

chrissie - 12 October 2020 06:58 AM

I love this game as far as I’ve got - it’s hilarious & the puzzles are clever! But I’ve got stuck & what’s missing is a cheat code please (in keeping with the spirit of the game - what do you mean you forgot!!!) to get past a particularity annoying & repetitive ‘boss/action’ sequence - no, there isn’t one so for me the score for this game goes from 5 to 4!  Naughty

From what I’ve noticed, every “action” sequence in this NON-game has an “adventure” solution… it’s not about fighting or dexterity, but about figuring out where to go, or what exactly to do in the moment, or which inventory item to use. Where did you get stuck?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I got stuck getting past the fireballs & bombs - I just wasn’t quick enough to jump over the spikes & I got fed-up trying ...grrr Laughing
There didn’t seem to be any ‘adventure solution’ or maybe actiony stuff like jumping over things now comes under the umbrella of being an ‘adventure solution’ ........aww nooo…....................

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

chrissie - 12 October 2020 10:43 AM

I got stuck getting past the fireballs & bombs - I just wasn’t quick enough to jump over the spikes & I got fed-up trying ...grrr Laughing
There didn’t seem to be any ‘adventure solution’ or maybe actiony stuff like jumping over things now comes under the umbrella of being an ‘adventure solution’ ........aww nooo…....................

Aaah, I see. Well, perhaps you’re correct on this particular moment ( It’s been a couple of months since I finished), I kept the whole “floor button placement” and tricking a certain character to ruin stuff in mind which were more of an “adventure” solutions to me ))

So just to be clear - you are aware of what needs to be done, it’s just that the pace is too fast?

Just in case the actual sequence is bringing you troubles… Technically Once the columns are ruined and the bombs will appear, all you need to do is use a hammer from the inventory on the very first two, then run closer to the dark lord (or whatever this entity is) automatically. You hammer the bomb in front of you and use magnifying glass on the one in front of the dark lord. After explosion you need to use a hammer on him once.  When the spikes show up - I believe there is a separate button for jump, so you just need to press it once as well. I believe that doing this sequence just two times (?) is enough to win.
It might be a bit of a handful, perhaps. But once you realize that spikes require just one jump. And bombs need to be magnified/hammered with one click each - I hope it will get more comfortable for you

If it’s the pace, then I suppose the cheat code IS in order, and I’m quite surprised there isn’t one yet. I hope you do give it a try a few more times before setting it aside - the game gets only better! It really is original as hell and funny to boot. Laughing

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks DCast, I can get past the fireballs & bombs but I’m not quick enough to jump over the spikes.
I’ll keep trying as & when I’m in the mood but it is quite tedious having to repeat the whole sequence over & over! Yes, a cheat code would have been completely in keeping with the spirit of the game & avoided spoiling the game for some of us.  Smile

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

chrissie - 14 October 2020 05:27 AM

Thanks DCast, I can get past the fireballs & bombs but I’m not quick enough to jump over the spikes.
I’ll keep trying as & when I’m in the mood but it is quite tedious having to repeat the whole sequence over & over! Yes, a cheat code would have been completely in keeping with the spirit of the game & avoided spoiling the game for some of us.  Smile

Did you, by any chance, have a chance to look at YouTube videos of the walkthrough of that chapter? If you notice - jumping over spikes is not as much a matter of being “fast” as a matter of dropping the “Home” button at the right time, you actually have to sit and wait for it. Let me know if you need a link, or in my case - the first video that popped up showed how to work through that moment. I hope you’ll get over tediousness!

Good luck! Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DCast - 14 October 2020 10:08 AM
chrissie - 14 October 2020 05:27 AM

Did you, by any chance, have a chance to look at YouTube videos of the walkthrough of that chapter? If you notice - jumping over spikes is not as much a matter of being “fast” as a matter of dropping the “Home” button at the right time, you actually have to sit and wait for it. Let me know if you need a link, or in my case - the first video that popped up showed how to work through that moment. I hope you’ll get over tediousness!

Good luck! Smile

Thanks DCast but as much as I appreciate you trying to be helpful Thumbs Up  I have to respectfully disagree that dropping the “Home” button at the right time is not not a matter of being fast as you have to do it immediately after blowing up the boss with the last bomb which means being fast!  Laughing
....I’ll keep trying…..

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve kept trying & got there eventually.

If you notice - jumping over spikes is not as much a matter of being “fast” as a matter of dropping the “Home” button at the right time….....

Thank you DCast as you are right in that you don’t have to be fast as such if you’ve been able to get to the point where you have to jump over spikes - you just have to be immediate - not quite the same as fast - you’ll see if you got held up in the same place but you have to get there to understand as I did.  Smile
N.B. Unfortunately though in this chapter of the game, however forgiving it is, you do need some dexterity skills.  Smile

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

chrissie - 15 October 2020 12:14 PM

I’ve kept trying & got there eventually.

If you notice - jumping over spikes is not as much a matter of being “fast” as a matter of dropping the “Home” button at the right time….....

Thank you DCast as you are right in that you don’t have to be fast as such if you’ve been able to get to the point where you have to jump over spikes - you just have to be immediate - not quite the same as fast - you’ll see if you got held up in the same place but you have to get there to understand as I did.  Smile
N.B. Unfortunately though in this chapter of the game, however forgiving it is, you do need some dexterity skills.  Smile

I’m glad you got through it! I think this is a unique game and gets better ( odder? ) as you go.

Yes, I think that because it wasn’t quite as fresh in my mind, I didn’t take in consideration that moment and dexterity needed (I know I had quite a few tries myself).
Would like to hear what’s your final opinion. I really liked what they’ve done with the credits Wink

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DCast - 16 October 2020 08:17 AM

..... I think this is a unique game and gets better ( odder? ) as you go.

Agreed! Thumbs Up I found it hilarious enhanced by the superb voice-acting & got funnier & more bizarre as it progressed leading me to the conclusion that the developer was ‘barking mad’ (meant in the nicest possible way! Heart)

I thought the game was a work of genius - yes, there were some frustrating parts requiring a little dexterity after the spikes such as having to beat the bomb-sweeper game which I managed to do only to find that the bomb wouldn’t light first time . By the time I got it to explode I was a complete bomb-sweeper expert!  Laughing 

I really liked what they’ve done with the credits Wink

Yes, excellent! I was a little disappointed that I’d reached the credits so soon until I realised that there was a lot more game to follow before finally getting to the end
It took me nearly 11 hours to complete. For me it had a nice balance of easy & more challenging puzzles with a very good hint system I thought.

I loved the whole concept of the game & completely agree with the reviewer’s score of 5 stars + its classic status. 
    Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top