• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Terror in the Atomic Desert - New Game Based on 1960s B-Movies

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2018-11-18

PM

Hey,

I am a hobbyist game developer and am currently working on an adventure/puzzle game titled Terror in the Atomic Desert which is inspired by 1950s/60s B-Movies such as Eegah or The Beast of Yucca Flats. I would be interested to hear any feedback or suggestions that people on this forum might have. Also, if anyone wants to try out a beta version let me know and I can send you a steam key.

Cinematic Trailer:

Some Gameplay Footage:

Steam Page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/955490/Terror_In_The_Atomic_Desert/

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Interesting concept. I remember a few of those movies. All revolved around a) a mad scientist, b) a radiation accident or c) accidental mis-use of technology. Many were a combination of two or more. Vincent Price was a mad scientist who mis-used technology in The Fly. A radiation accident was the theme of the classic Attack of the 50-foot Woman, later made famous by a horrible re-boot starring Darryl Hanna.

I’ll be watching for more of your posts.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I immediately thought of “The Incredible Shrinking Man”.

By the way, wouldn’t it be an amazing argument for an adventure game? Imagine the variety of puzzles as he shrinks…

I’ll keep an eye on your game too.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2004-04-08

PM

Cool idea! If you can, I would try to keep the camera from moving when selecting dialog options or anything else when interacting with an object.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Reminds me of It Came From the Desert a little bit.

Could be a very cool game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2018-11-18

PM

LeChimp - 27 November 2018 07:06 PM

Cool idea! If you can, I would try to keep the camera from moving when selecting dialog options or anything else when interacting with an object.

Yup, I just fixed this today Smile

rtrooney - 25 November 2018 06:46 PM

Interesting concept. I remember a few of those movies. All revolved around a) a mad scientist, b) a radiation accident or c) accidental mis-use of technology. Many were a combination of two or more. Vincent Price was a mad scientist who mis-used technology in The Fly. A radiation accident was the theme of the classic Attack of the 50-foot Woman, later made famous by a horrible re-boot starring Darryl Hanna.

The plot of this game includes all these themes plus flying saucer men for good measure.  Smile

Joined 2018-11-18

PM

Bumping this thread because I have finally released the game Smile

I think the most challenging thing about making this game was creating something that was fun and engaging to play but also stayed true to the dull and plodding atmosphere that lots of these old B-Movies had. I had to push back the release date a number of times, but now I am finally satisfied with the finished product

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

Oh, goody! I’ve had your game wishlisted for months. I wanted it for a friend’s birthday gift. She’s a huge B-movie fan so it’s perfect for her. Thanks! Off to buy and gift!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top