• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indie Games Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

OlliOlli2 is my first Indie GoTY contender, amazing freebie by Sony.
Hard and Addictive, on surface it looks like another Ipad game, but it requires hard
analog+platforming skills. You need to perform streetfighter/KoF type moves for
stunts and tricks with analog on JUST THE RIGHT TIME.
And Manual is genius gamedesign. One of the best platformers.
I feel pride in reaching final world, while performing poor scores, and waiting for wilco to beat me in world leaderboard.
Tongue
10/10

Lucien21 - 04 March 2015 03:25 PM

OXENFREE

Looks quite interesting.

Made by some ex Telltale and Disney people.

Looks coool.

Edit:

Cuphead GDC gameplay

Heart

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 March 2015 07:58 AM

OlliOlli2 is my first Indie GoTY contender, amazing freebie by Sony.
Hard and Addictive, on surface it looks like another Ipad game, but it requires hard
analog+platforming skills. You need to perform streetfighter/KoF type moves for
stunts and tricks with analog on JUST THE RIGHT TIME.
And Manual is genius gamedesign. One of the best platformers.
I feel pride in reaching final world, while performing poor scores, and waiting for wilco to beat me in world leaderboard.
Tongue
10/10

Go check leaderboards Naughty  Smile

Game is ace, platforming bliss but pulling out more advanced tricks while thinking of the combos Foot in mouth enfuriating!

Cuphead GDC gameplay

Heart

So many good looking indies
(also that purple hair looks very nice)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Cuphead GDC gameplay

Heart

Yeah, it’s rare that I’m interested in a game just because of the aesthetic but this is an exception. They’ve really nailed the 1930s cartoon style, both art and music (1, 2, 3).
And a challenging run-and-gun platformer in the vein of Gunstar Heroes and emphasizing boss battles sounds pretty solid, too.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 March 2015 01:04 PM

Go check leaderboards Naughty  Smile

Game is ace, platforming bliss but pulling out more advanced tricks while thinking of the combos Foot in mouth enfuriating!

Sent you our comparison pics, i am better in World5 and in rest you are. Wink
I guess i got grip much later, still i haven’t finished final world.

You are right, apart from pulling of shoryukens , there is lot to process in the game,
esp if you have to remember moves and execute them in a very limited millisecond window
plus crazy level layout.
But thats the charm, and payoff is indeed gaming bliss.

Do tell me how to keep the momentum going on rails, i press down on last second before
i hit rails to get green goo from skate, but i believe it still breaks the tempo from land manual. And grinding on three straight rails eventually leads to low speed and fall.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 March 2015 06:15 PM

Do tell me how to keep the momentum going on rails, i press down on last second before
i hit rails to get green goo from skate, but i believe it still breaks the tempo from land manual. And grinding on three straight rails eventually leads to low speed and fall.

Grabbing a perfect landing (green) on grinds gives you a small boost but unless you’re in a downward slope you’ll always be losing momentum in a big horizontal slide.
In some of last levels a combination of speed gained from previous slopes and small perfect jumps were needed to get through those big horizontal rails. (there was one where the skate almost came to a stop before getting to another slope).

I’m working on trying to get all the stars to unlock all pro levels, but some of those at last world… I don’t know I’ll ever do it

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I don’t know why, it looks appealing to me.

Vallhala Bartender

We happy few, is survival, stealth adventure like Hitman on twist.
PAX Demo preview,

http://www.egmnow.com/electricsistahood/pax-east-2015-very-happy-with-we-happy-few/

We Happy Few is a twisted game; dark, yet challenging at the same time. At it’s core, the game is a first-person survival strategy/puzzle game. I’ll give you a second to digest that. In tit [he game] you are the odd man out – a “Downer” in a sea of people drugged out of their minds on “Joy” – trying to pass as just another face in the crowd in order to survive.

In We Happy Few, standing or acting out of the norm will draw the attention of the people around you…and in a bad way. You see, Downers threaten the joyous balance of the town of Wellington Welles [where the game takes place], and are dealt with immediately by the townsfolk.

Where food and the items you craft in other survival games are among the few items in the game the player knows they can trust, in We Happy Few, your inventory can hurt you if you don’t figure out how to use it the right way. All food in the game contains the drug Joy. On your HUD you can see how high your Joy level is, and how close you are to overdosing and dying

wilco - 07 March 2015 08:19 PM

I’m working on trying to get all the stars to unlock all pro levels, but some of those at last world… I don’t know I’ll ever do it

I thought you would platinum Tongue
Actually i saw one guy on stream doing super fast grinding in shadows, like anything.
So i think there is a way to keep and increase the momentum. He also was moving skateboard while grinding, insane moves.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 March 2015 07:54 AM

I thought you would platinum Tongue
Actually i saw one guy on stream doing super fast grinding in shadows, like anything.
So i think there is a way to keep and increase the momentum. He also was moving skateboard while grinding, insane moves.

Maybe its those grind-switch and reverse-manuals or whatever they are called. Every time I try to get R2 or R1-L1 to the mix of tricks I get all confused and break the combo… That platinum will be impossible! Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ori getting rave reviews, another Indie super hit, looks beautiful to say the least.
Will play it next week before selling Xbone, because from tomorrow days are reserved for
sequel to greatest Indie ever made.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 March 2015 11:18 AM

Ori getting rave reviews, another Indie super hit, looks beautiful to say the least.
Will play it next week before selling Xbone, because from tomorrow days are reserved for

Mushroom men: Truffle Trouble ? Tongue

Which version are you getting of Hotline Miami?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 March 2015 11:37 AM

Mushroom men: Truffle Trouble ? Tongue

Big screen and speakers,  its virtually suda51 trip after all. Wink

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

My XBOX One (and PS4) have been sitting there collecting dust. It’s interesting because in the early 2000’s, I used to play exclusively on the PC, but then with the success of the PS2 and the crappy buggy PC ports, I switched to play mainly on consoles. With the enormous success of Steam and the Indie game revolution, it went back full circle, and now PS4 and XBOX One games are buggy, and the PC boasts the largest library of games. The consoles’ library mainly consists of late ports of indie games, and AAA titles that look and play better on a good PC. Just very interesting how things have changed because of Valve.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kenseto/halcyon-6-starbase-commander

Another interesting kickstarter - “A rogue-like sci-fi strategy survival game with base building, tactical combat, crew management and emergent storytelling.”

The SE collective is a weird innitiave but it has some cool looking projects already.
I’m interested to see if someone comes up a new game based on the available IPS - Gex; Fear Effect; Anachronox.

http://collective.square-enix.com/

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020091

Axiom Verge getting good reviews.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just got Hotline Miami 1 and 2 on the VITA - I find them to be amazing games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 01 April 2015 07:06 AM

I just got Hotline Miami 1 and 2 on the VITA - I find them to be amazing games.

Heart

My fav goty so far, on act 4 of hm2, best game that Suda never made.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top