• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indie Games Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

March got much more crowded,

Axiom Verge dropping on Mar 29th,
Hotline Miami 2 Mar 10.

Welp.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Axiom Verge looks truly amazing, and to have it all built by one person is just incredible. Usually, people are either good at programming or art, but to be able to do art, programming, music and game design, Tom Happ is like a modern day Leonardo da Vinci.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Another one - Ori and the Blind Forest is releasing 11 March (Xbone/Steam)

March is so packed!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 25 February 2015 01:42 PM

Axiom Verge looks truly amazing, and to have it all built by one person is just incredible. Usually, people are either good at programming or art, but to be able to do art, programming, music and game design, Tom Happ is like a modern day Leonardo da Vinci.

Many times its just one show, Limbo, Braid, Witness, Lucas pope etc.

There is White Night too on Mar 3rd.

March is new fall Grin

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 26 February 2015 05:52 AM
SoccerDude28 - 25 February 2015 01:42 PM

Many times its just one show, Limbo, Braid, Witness, Lucas pope etc.

There is White Night too on Mar 3rd.

March is new fall Grin

Limbo had a group of folks working on it, Witness has a group of folks working on it, and Braid’s art was outsourced. I think in Papers Please, Lucas Pope did everything but I am not 100% sure.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like KS and new games are pouring in from left to right.

Another day, another Pixel art KS.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1348640000/slain

SoccerDude28 - 26 February 2015 12:11 PM

Limbo had a group of folks working on it, Witness has a group of folks working on it, and Braid’s art was outsourced. I think in Papers Please, Lucas Pope did everything but I am not 100% sure.

Yes lucas was alone, also Josh in Gemini Rue did many things singlehandedly , everyone take a little help from other people, i am sure Axion will have some wall of Credits.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not to be harsh, but I do wonder about some of these games. I mean, does a project like that really need a kickstarter? The tools are all there to code a side scroller with relative easy. The biggest hurdle will be the artwork, but as it’s pixel based it’s not exactly screaming in detail and a need to be 100% accurate.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 26 February 2015 05:04 PM

Not to be harsh, but I do wonder about some of these games. I mean, does a project like that really need a kickstarter? The tools are all there to code a side scroller with relative easy. The biggest hurdle will be the artwork, but as it’s pixel based it’s not exactly screaming in detail and a need to be 100% accurate.

In the kickstarter they say:

The Kickstarter funding will cover the team spending the next 3 months finishing the PC version, porting the console versions (if the interest is there) and helping pay for the game’s music - which will comprise of orchestra and choir.

The goal is not very high, it’s just to finish the game and give an extra polish. It would probably be released anyway but taking longer.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-09-05

PM

I’ve been following the development of a promising looking indie game tentatively called “Icy”.  It’s a dialogue-heavy adventure CRPG (PC/Mac/Linux) in a post-apocalyptic setting where the world is experiencing a new Ice Age.

While the developers describe it as an RPG, it seems to have some adventure game elements as well.  The game play will involve a lot of tough moral choices and a strong emphasis on the survival aspect; e.g., your party must hunt for food, scavenge for supplies, and deal with the likes of hungry beasts and cannibals.  They’ll apparently go into detail as to how combat works in a future update, but have said it will work sort of like the hunting segments (i.e., the type of weapon you use will make a big difference, beyond just how much damage it does)

The game is nearly complete with an estimated release of June, but the developers are running an Indiegogo campaign to help with polishing:  A $6 pledge gets you a digital copy of the game.  Looks like they’ll reach their modest goal soon.

You can also help by voting for the game on Steam Greenlight and GOG wishlist.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Toejam and Earl might be back - kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Did anyone here play Toejam and Earl? Think I might of just missed it myself. Not really into that sort of music mind, but the I remember playing the xbox demo. Seemed okay.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 27 February 2015 05:08 PM

Did anyone here play Toejam and Earl? Think I might of just missed it myself. Not really into that sort of music mind, but the I remember playing the xbox demo. Seemed okay.

Yea played original on 16bit consoles, never finished it, got potential if done right, characters have charm.

Another one,

Death Gambit

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-09-05

PM

Tad - 27 February 2015 05:08 PM

I played the first two games on the Genesis way back in the 90’s.  I recall them being decent as far as action platformers go, and they have a wacky sense of humor, but I just don’t have interest in that type of game anymore.  The first game had rouge-like elements as well as it sounds like they want to return to that.  Glad to see it making a comeback but not sure I’d ever play it. 

The aforementioned post-apocalyptic CRPG, “ICY” just met their modest funding goal on Indiegogo.  Still plenty of time for stretch goals.

I’m also backing “Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders”, an adventure game on Kickstarter.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Another hit,
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154373290&postcount=1

Vita ver is a mess.
Was not in my playlist but for coop will try later.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

OXENFREE

Looks quite interesting.

Made by some ex Telltale and Disney people.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top