• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gamebook Creator

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-07

PM

Hello everyone, this is Farkran of Divinegames.

We are fond of gamebooks and text adventures like you, and we decided to develop a gamebook creator which is complete, captivating and most importantly easy to use!

How often did you look for a editor and found only incomplete, overcomplicated or extremely limited programs? Our tool will be exactly the opposite: you will be able to use all the common features of a gamebook such as branching paths, but in addition you will be able to add and remove text dynamically through conditions, you will be able to set and use variables (such as character name, attributes, items, currency, experience and much more) and last but not least you will be able to export your book in a cool looking HTML page. All of this without need to know any programming language, because the program does it all by itself.

With your help, this project could come true Smile support us on indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/gamebook-creator?a=834321

If you are interested or if you have any question, contact us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thank you for your attention!

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Interesting idea but I have to say that as someone who has written several gamebooks I find half of the satisfaction is in planning it all out. I don’t really want it made simple for me. I guess a good comparison would be AGs that store all of your clues for you in a notebook - I actually prefer to make notes. It makes me feel more involved in a game and it feels more rewarding. I really can’t imagine having played Riven with an in-game notebook.

For me, the pleasure of writing a gamebook would be partly lost by something like this.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-07

PM

We posted an update on our campaign site, including screenshots of the basic features.

You can view it here: http://www.indiegogo.com/gamebook-creator?c=home&a=834321#update2

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top