• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 8 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m just posting this without a comment because I’m kind of in a hurry today. (Not that I would have had much to say anyway, since I haven’t played the game — nor any Legend game for that matter.)

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Then run and find it!! Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon is by far the most humorous (even from games like Discworld, Simon the Sorcerer or Monkey Island series) game that I have ever played. Its laughs are so smart and so many that it is simply U-N-F-O-R-G-E-T-T-A-B-L-E!!Its riddles are (the vast majority of them) really smart and the characters are loveable!! And while you play it, click on everything, try everything everywhere!! There is a unique (and usually, comical) comment for everything. The very first riddle with the bar contest (and another one bar contest in the middle of the game) is the only bad moment I found.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I’m shocked that you’ve never played a Legend game, Kuru.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Still searching high and low for a cheap boxed copy of this game. Good choice for Aug 8th (my birthday Grin)

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

thejobloshow - 08 August 2012 05:55 PM

Good choice for Aug 8th (my birthday Grin)

Could you do an Overclocked or Dreamfall scene on my birthday? (february 1st) Wink

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Grin This game is chock full of the snappy dialogue and twisted humour that I enjoy, and it’s loaded with groan-worthy puns too. My favourite segments are Josie’s story (the one with the chocolate) and Pyotr’s story (the Transylvania segment).

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Any tips for getting this to work on either XP or Windows 7?

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Read this.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I only played Shannara from Legend and later Wheel of Time and Unreal 2.

Read so many good things about this one, but could never find it, should get a digital release someday if the rights are worked out.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Fien - 08 August 2012 12:03 PM

But I’m shocked that you’ve never played a Legend game, Kuru.

Due to a combination of factors, a lot of games from the second half of the 90s flew under my radar at the time, especially those that were not from a company I was already familiar with (Sierra/LucasArts/Access/Cyan/etc.). I got caught up with many of them during the 2000s, when I finally played games such as Broken Sword, TLE, Riddle of Master Lu, Obsidian, Faust, Sanitarium, Toonstruck, etc. But for some reason the Legend games still managed to escape my attention at that time. By that point, AGs.com (or rather AG.com, no s) had become my primary source of recommendations for games, and I guess the Legend games just don’t seem to attract a lot of discussion.

Also, I guess the fact that the company was still making text adventures well into the 90s makes me wary of their games, because I’m afraid they’ll be sticking with the old, punishing school of design one generally associates with text adventures (and Roberta Williams’ body of work Tongue). I want to give the Legend games a try at some point, though. It probably won’t be with Callahan’s since I really disliked SQ6 and Freddy Pharkas (both the humour and the gameplay in both cases), so I’m not inclined to play another Josh Mandel game (I’m sure he’s a great guy, but clearly his style isn’t my cup of tea). I’ll probably start with Shannara, because the Coles can do no wrong, and then see if I feel like playing more.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Like Kuru, I’ve never played this nor any other Legend game. This one, however, sits firmly on my list of games to play. It’s not up for a while, and I still have to find a copy somewhere, but I’ll get to it. Eventually.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

This is really fun game. I am a fan of that type of story with a story narrative. Neil Gaiman did it with a similar bar stlye setting in Sandman: Worlds end. The recently canned House of Mystery comic did something similar.

Legend rocked they did a lot of licensed stuff based on great authors. Somthing that current developers should try instead of TV and movie stuff.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Here’s Oscar’s tribute to Legend: http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29657&highlight=legend+entertainment

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top