• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 17 July 2012 02:26 AM

Right.

Can you say that again (by that I mean write it with bigger letters), since I can’t seem to read this, and I misplaced my glasses Confused

Edit: I finally found my glasses. Nerd Sarcastic Crazy I don’t have the time to post a screen right now, since I’m participating in HandsFree’s awesome quiz.  Grin So anyone can post a new screen Laughing  (except for zobraks Naughty)

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Well, since I’m here and I’ve wanted to post this (hope it works & thanks to Sweet Dalilah )
Smile

Let’s see if I can make it larger

Image Attachments

No1.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Guilty as charged! Aka Innocent Until Caught 2 Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

diego - 18 July 2012 05:32 PM

Guilty as charged! Aka Innocent Until Caught 2 Wink

3 hours! And there I was thinking that was going to be a bit difficult as I’ve never seen a mention of the game on here before.  Smile Quite good it is too.

Over to you Diego

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Jabod - 19 July 2012 06:39 AM

I’ve never seen a mention of the game on here before.

It featured twice before in this thread actually, but you didn’t notice it.

the 1st time
the 2nd time

Jabod - 19 July 2012 06:39 AM

3 hours! And there I was thinking that was going to be a bit difficult

For your information, we’ve had games guessed in a single minute here.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Before I post the next screen, I’d like your opinion on two things:

1) What do you think of having two (and not more than two!) simultaneously going screens to guess? I’ve seen it is done on similar threads - it should help the thread keeping more busy.

2) It didn’t happen recently, but from time to time user who posted screen forgets to confirm it once it is guessed. How about the user who guessed the screen can post the next one without confirmation if he can prove that he is right with some relevant link? It happened on couple of occasions, but I believe it should be done only when the confirmation doesn’t arrive after day or two.

Ok, here’s the next one. This lady’s reaction might be connected to my babbling above. Also, I was planning on using her for my next FMV quiz, but what the heck:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 19 July 2012 07:14 AM

1) What do you think of having two (and not more than two!) simultaneously going screens to guess? I’ve seen it is done on similar threads - it should help the thread keeping more busy.

Definitely. A good idea, I think. I could even imagine having a color coded system, with a blue screen (easier) and red screen (harder) to guess to make it less confusing. Not only for amateurs like me but also in case we have two very hard ones and the thread sinks to the depths.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Actually, I was thinking of two different users having each their screen to guess at the same time. Chances are, one of it will be easier than the other, but having two games to guess should keep the thread flowing and more chances for players to guess the game.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’d like your opinion on two things:

1) What do you think of having two simultaneously going screens to guess? I’ve seen it is done on similar threads - it should help the thread keeping more busy.

2) It didn’t happen recently, but from time to time user who posted screen forgets to confirm it once it is guessed. How about the user who guessed the screen can post the next one without confirmation if he can prove that he is right with some relevant link? It happened on couple of occasions, but I believe it should be done only when the confirmation doesn’t arrive after day or two.

Two great ways to completely muck the thread up.

1) Why only two? If we can guess two, why not three? If three, why not four? If…
You dig the pattern?
It’s better to open a parallel thread (or two, three, ... as much as you need to “keep things more busy”/“keep the thread flowing” (whatever that is).
BTW, people who want to guess MANY pictures can play quizzes, and there is one (HUGE & great quiz) going on as we speak.

2) We’ve already had a lot of trouble in a couple of occasions when the (unwritten) rules had not been obeyed.

This lady’s reaction might be connected to my babbling above.

It occured to me too.

BTW, that lady is from Kingdom O’ Magic.

I know I’m right, but (as the rules require) I won’t post another picture until you confirm my guess.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 19 July 2012 07:34 AM

Actually, I was thinking of two different users having each their screen to guess at the same time. Chances are, one of it will be easier than the other, but having two games to guess should keep the thread flowing and more chances for players to guess the game.

Yes that’s what I meant too. I just thought it would be confusing who’s turn it was and which screens were active. At the moment it’s easy to scroll back and find the last screen posted.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oscar - 19 July 2012 07:49 AM

I just thought it would be confusing who’s turn it was and which screens were active.

Exactly, and that’s the main reason for posting only one screen to guess at the time.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 19 July 2012 07:39 AM

1) Why only two? If we can guess two, why not three? If three, why not four?

Ask Aristotle Cool

Oscar - 19 July 2012 07:49 AM

Yes that’s what I meant too. I just thought it would be confusing who’s turn it was and which screens were active. At the moment it’s easy to scroll back and find the last screen posted.

It wouldn’t be confusing to know which turn it is - it only needs a volunteer for the FIRST time, and then the thread will keep going on just as now - who guesses (any of the 2 screens) gets to post the next one. As for scrolling and finding the current pic to guess, you have a point, but it’ll require seconds to conclude the screen is not guessed yet.

zobraks - 19 July 2012 07:39 AM

I know I’m right, but (as the rules require) I won’t post another picture until you confirm my guess.

which rules? These one - “Ok, I show a game scene and you guys try to figure out which one it is. The one who figures it out gets to choose another scene and so on.”?

Seems to me you figured it out. Nerd

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Only one picture, sorry.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I have to agree with zobraks on this one. It’s done that way on JA, and one user keeps randomly posting new screens all the time, so you can never know who should post the next screen (for example, I guess a screen and post a new one, but the other person who guessed the second screen doesn’t post a new one, yet a third person comes in and posts a screen randomly). IMO, it’s nothing but a mess.

Now, this is a good idea. If the confirmation doesn’t occur in 2 days, the guesser is free to provide a link with the same, or similar picture, and the name of the game, and thus be able to post a new screen to be guessed.  Innocent  Content

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Is the screenshot from Scavenger Hunter zobraks?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top