• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tell me about your game narrative preferences

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2021-03-31

PM

Hey everyone!

I´m currently writing my master thesis on game narrative preferences and wanted to ask whether anybody would like to share theirs using the survey I created? It starts off with identifying what drives you to play games and then transitions to which main characters, villains, and settings you prefer! Any help is appreciated! Smile

In case you´re interested (best on PC and of course, anonymously), here´s the link

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Sure, I am a slayer and went from there. You might want to note that in your post (to take the gamer profile survey first) cos I almost went through it without doing that (mind you, that’s partly my fault for not reading). But it’s worth noting that you can complete the gamer profile without any kind of sign up (almost made me not bother until I realized sign up wasn’t necessary, so I went ahead and did it!). And don’t forget to post this on Reddit r/gamedev or such! regards

Joined 2021-03-31

PM

markymint - 01 April 2021 04:37 AM

Sure, I am a slayer and went from there. You might want to note that in your post (to take the gamer profile survey first) cos I almost went through it without doing that (mind you, that’s partly my fault for not reading). But it’s worth noting that you can complete the gamer profile without any kind of sign up (almost made me not bother until I realized sign up wasn’t necessary, so I went ahead and did it!). And don’t forget to post this on Reddit r/gamedev or such! regards

Thanks so much for completing it! And yes, I will note that down then to make it more clear Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also took it. Hope it helps you.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I wonder what your archetype is, Adv_lvr.

I’m a BARD, which is 100% correct. I’m inclined to think you got the same.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m primarily a BARD, but with the secondary ARCHITECT.

And I had a whole lot of “No preference” answers, because I always care way more about the quality of the work and the writing, than I do of the setting, time period, genre or character motivations.

The only defined thing in roleplaying is that I prefer the main character to resemble me as closely as possible. I prefer roleplaying as myself… Grin
Only if the game is good enough to warrant a replay, then I’ll go the other way, picking the options furthest away from me as possible, often as a way of “getting the most out of the game”.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2021-03-31

PM

TimovieMan - 08 April 2021 05:24 AM

I’m primarily a BARD, but with the secondary ARCHITECT.

And I had a whole lot of “No preference” answers, because I always care way more about the quality of the work and the writing, than I do of the setting, time period, genre or character motivations.

The only defined thing in roleplaying is that I prefer the main character to resemble me as closely as possible. I prefer roleplaying as myself… Grin
Only if the game is good enough to warrant a replay, then I’ll go the other way, picking the options furthest away from me as possible, often as a way of “getting the most out of the game”.

That´s perfectly fine! The importance of story varies from player to player. Thanks for completing it!

Joined 2021-03-31

PM

Adv_Lvr - 07 April 2021 09:58 PM

I also took it. Hope it helps you.

Heart

Thank you so much! Smile

Joined 2021-03-31

PM

Vegetable Party - 08 April 2021 03:43 AM

I wonder what your archetype is, Adv_lvr.

I’m a BARD, which is 100% correct. I’m inclined to think you got the same.

Thank you for completing it! Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yep, I’m a Bard Too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

I’m not surprised I got Architect. What I am surprised by is that on question 22, the survey has “Casual Puzzle” as a genre option but not non-casual puzzle (eg Baba Is You or Snakebird). (I could come up with some other nitpicks there too but I guess there will always be some issues with genre definitions.)

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Joined 2021-03-31

PM

Harald B - 09 April 2021 11:48 AM

I’m not surprised I got Architect. What I am surprised by is that on question 22, the survey has “Casual Puzzle” as a genre option but not non-casual puzzle (eg Baba Is You or Snakebird). (I could come up with some other nitpicks there too but I guess there will always be some issues with genre definitions.)

Thanks for completing it! And yea, it turned out to be pretty tricky on which game genres to include or not. I´ll definitely add it in during the reflection chapter Smile

Joined 2021-03-31

PM

LongSmile - 23 April 2021 11:22 AM

Bounty hunter and Ninja
Good Luck with that

Thank you!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top