• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s time to get wet again.

October 15th that’s not far off.  They kept that quiet.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just posted that in the discount thread, considering it has a presale discount. But yeah, I guess the first one sold well enough.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I remember thinking the last game was fine, not as cheesy as expected and actually had reasonable puzzles.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I still haven’t played it. What I’ve seen, it was reasonably well received and not a total travesty like some other entries to the series.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i had a sudden jerky movement seeing that..  i thought LSL is squeezed dry.

tomimt - 03 August 2020 09:20 AM

I still haven’t played it. What I’ve seen, it was reasonably well received and not a total travesty like some other entries to the series.

yeah, it was a bit different and calculated, the joke almost was always on larry not the women, and i think bc the devs are German that would count too.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

With that trailer, I’m hoping for a FMV Larry game.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

That’s great news! Pre-ordered. Cool I liked Wet Dreams Don’t Dry a lot, but I assumed there wouldn’t be a sequel. According to Steamspy it didn’t even sell 20,000 copies. Ouch.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If this is as good as the first I’m in, but as with the first I do wish a different title could be considered.

The announcement teaser here doesn’t work to promote the game for me - far better to look at some of the screenshots on Steam:

LSL

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Waiting for the first review. It’s a fairly steep price for a pre-order.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes, I’ve now just seen the price for the pre-order. If it’s as good as it’s predecessor I consider the price well worth it!  Smile

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

I enjoyed these as a kiddo but as I get older the jokes just make me uncomfortable. They are a little to overt for my taste.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Interesting.

The name of the game is

A) brilliant, because it clearly separates this being a sequel of this new series, not of the old series

B) horrible, because they couldn’t come up with any better name like “Leisure Suit Larry: Coming Twice is the Name of the Game” which would include the word “twice” as that seems to be relevant, but also nicely break the fourth wall already in the title.

Making the second game is of course cheaper, because they already have some assets ready, like the protagonist model, but it’s still interesting how they handle this financially because the first one really wasn’t a stellar success commercially.

EDIT: I just studied the screenshots. This one is strange… it seems like the whole background is an homage to LucasArts games… in a game that is a sequel to a Sierra series?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

GateKeeper - 04 August 2020 02:33 AM

EDIT: I just studied the screenshots. This one is strange… it seems like the whole background is an homage to LucasArts games… in a game that is a sequel to a Sierra series?

In what way? The screen you posted could be in any number of adventure games, and doesn’t particularly remind me of Lucasarts. It brings to my mind more Daedalic.

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Luhr28 - 04 August 2020 03:29 AM
GateKeeper - 04 August 2020 02:33 AM

In what way? The screen you posted could be in any number of adventure games, and doesn’t particularly remind me of Lucasarts. It brings to my mind more Daedalic.

Murray-like skull?
Pirate ship in the background?
A coffin that looks like a rowboat?
Tribal hut?
Voodoo items?

And of course the whole mood and reduced colouring and all is almost as if lifted straight out of Monkey Island.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

GateKeeper - 04 August 2020 03:45 AM

Murray-like skull?
Pirate ship in the background?
A coffin that looks like a rowboat?
Tribal hut?
Voodoo items?

Aside from the “Murray-like skull” (by the way, sometimes a skull is just a skull), I think you just posted a stock-standard list of Commonly Used Adventure Game Items & Locations™.

But you could be right, it could be intentional. Or these things are so embedded in the genre that they’re not given a second thought.

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Luhr28 - 04 August 2020 03:57 AM

by the way, sometimes a skull is just a skull

Indeed. Not in this case though, as the skull has a tophat, so clearly it is supposed to have some kind of persona. Now, how many detached skulls with personality there are in the genre, and how many of them have been intentional references to Murray?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top