• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Neofeud

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Neofeud 2 is a cyberpunk adventure game where you play a homeless ex-military robot and an alien revolutionary in the collapsing mega-city of Neoliberon, attempting to overthrow planet-consuming Earthling trillionaires.

Help me finish this game by grabbing Neofeud 1! Itch: https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud
Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Neofeud is 70% off this week!

“Secretly the greatest and also funniest cyberpunk point and click adventure game on Steam.”
“It’s not only a game, it’s Art.”
“Simply Perfection for any Sci fi Point & Click adventurer.”—Steam Reviewers

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Neofeud is 70% off this week on Steam!

“Neofued or “Karl Carbon is one bad day away from doing the right thing.”

90 Sierra Style Adventure game style.
Better humor.
Better writing.
Hippy Terminator Dad.
Flawed characters you learn to love.
Existential crisis
Thoughtful non-judgemental analysis of current events And it challenges the systems it brings up.
Cheeky one liners.
Even good old references to the 80s.
Everything you need for a good time honestly.”—Steam Reviewer

Grab it and help me finish the sequel! (Pictured below)

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

“Of all the point and click adventure games I’ve played, which over the years is quite a few, I enjoyed Neofeud the most.”—Steam Reviewer
https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Dear Silverspook, you seem to have a lot together for the sequel to Neofeud - why don’t you do a kickstarter to finish the game. It doesn’t have to be elaborate but have a look - I’ll donate.  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so Mr.Silverspook, you ve been filling your thread with promotions and advertisements for the past three years, but i see you dont really care about the real investment in fans and posters; which is interacting with the members here whom actually only here to support you and your game.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Be fair Advie, Silverspook has responded to posters.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 12 August 2020 06:12 AM

Be fair Advie, Silverspook has responded to posters.

yeah, sometimes, but not always, not really ‘keen’ is the word.  Neutral
but however, you re right somehow, its not really my business in any way, just that i still can’t quite get used to the endless threads of devs; nit even for announcing or updating only but promoting all the way, turning the thread into a literal sales thread or page.
Add: but dont mind me, it seems it is just me whos bothered by it.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Silverspook has responded to all but one or two posts.

Yes, but it’s just one thread that you can avoid if you want to - Silverspook is an Indie developer so who else is going to promote his game?

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Preface: I am looking forward to Neofeud 2. I will very likely purchase it and play it as soon as it is released.

I just finished playing Neofeud. In many ways, it reminded me of one of those glorious PS1/PS2 era JRPGs, where the ambition of the developer outstripped their resources.
The story had me hooked from the get-go, with a unique setting, interesting characters, and a compelling protagonist. The puzzles were pleasantly challenging, varied, and interesting, too. What drew me in even more was the appropriateness of the medium for the story it was telling. Neofeud is a unique looking game, that’s for sure, and that trash ‘n glossy magazine collage look is so fitting. It’s like a sculpture I once saw that was a topographical replica of post-bombed Dresden on charred wood and twisted metal. It’s not pretty, but it fits perfectly.

So what’s wrong with Neofeud? Well, unfortunately, the entire second half of the game, in which the story just steamrolls forward with absolutely zero surprises or interesting events. Like many a bad action movie, the set up is good, but the rest of the movie is just everything playing out in a predictable plod toward an inevitable end. After you make it past the first half of Neofeud, the characters are static. The story, while decent, is not suited for an adventure game. The last 20 ‘puzzles’ (read: interactions) in the game required to move the plot forward, are almost entirely identical. It’s brain dead visual novel stuff. This would be okay if A) the game was a visual novel, and B) if the first half wasn’t actually, you know, a good traditional point and click adventure game.
The mundane puzzle design and severely limited player interactions in the second half of the game are what have me thinking that the ambition of Neofeud outstripped its resources—whether those resources are time, patience, or money, I don’t know. But it’s a very unbalanced experience.

Lots of promise, but ultimately it does not make good on it.

Also, lots of typos, lots of bugs, and lots of expository info-dumping dialog.

Looking forward to Neofeud 2, though, because I really really really enjoyed the first half of Neofeud 1.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s nice to see some love for Neofeud! I’m also looking forward to a sequel to this very interesting game.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Did this game not get much love? It seems to be more widely reviewed than most adventure games out there, even ones from relatively big names like Wadjeteye, Daedalic, and Phoenix Online (Jane Jensen). Most of the reviews were exceptionally positive, with only a few calling it out -usually in milder tones- for the same foibles that I mentioned.

I’ll admit that when I first saw it, I dismissed it based on the mishmushmosh graphical style, but 5 minutes into the game I realized that it was clearly the optimal style for the setting that Silverspook was trying to express.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top