• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blacksad: Under The Skin - Story Trailer & Release Date - 

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Still looking good so far, hoping to get some gameplay footage soon.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Looks great! Really looking forward to this one. Love almost all Pendulo games but this could potentially be their best game yet

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve read some of the comics and they are great. Let’s hope the game is good as well.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

tomimt - 26 April 2019 04:46 AM

I’ve read some of the comics and they are great. Let’s hope the game is good as well.

What he said.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Is there a link to an actual preview what type of game is it. is it an action adventure or is it like a Telltale Game. I mean does it have real puzzles or has none of that information been released yet

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I think I saw a small glimpse of gameplay somewhere and I got an impression that it`s going to be pretty traditional, but can`t find the link now..

They also announced that there is going to be a Collector`s Edition box with an exclusive figurine and art book.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Jdawg445 - 26 April 2019 01:07 PM

Is there a link to an actual preview what type of game is it. is it an action adventure or is it like a Telltale Game. I mean does it have real puzzles or has none of that information been released yet

From the AdventureGamers Gamescom 2018 roundup:

The gameplay contains elements of both classic and modern adventure games. As a detective, players collect evidence and information, which can then be combined in inventory to draw conclusions, kind of like Ace Attorney. It is possible to interact with lots of different things in the environment, but not everything will be helpful.

As far as we can tell from the gamescom demo, the non-linear gameplay very much revolves around the story. Besides the typical detective work, it also features Quick Time Events and multiple choice dialogues. Previous decisions can affect the narrative in multiple ways: if you use the fire exit instead of going through the main door, your quest continues in a different way.

From Microids’ Blacksad web page:

-An official and all-new story for BLACKSAD, set in the comic book series’ unique world, perfectly recreated for gamers.

-An investigative narrative game with gameplay combining investigations, puzzles, quick time events (QTE) and multiple-choice dialog.

-Choices that directly influence the development of the character and the story’s ending.

-More than 30 characters, including new faces and old favorites, each with their own story.

-An immersive world with a jazz soundtrack to rival the very best of Hollywood’s film noir.

-Fans of adventure games will love its gameplay and narration while fans of the comic book series will be thrilled to rediscover the characters and graphic style of this unique world.

-A dark world of anthropomorphic animals

Developed by: Pendulo Studios
Release date: September 2019
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac
Type of game: Puzzle, Adventure
Languages: French, English, Italian, German, Spanish
Number of player: 1

That’s pretty much all the info I’ve seen so far.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Due to source material this one have to be action-adventure like LA Noire, Telltale style
gameplay just limits potential.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Looking forward to this and pleasantly surprised that they got Liam Neeson as voice of John Blacksad.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

eddyc - 28 April 2019 02:24 AM

Looking forward to this and pleasantly surprised that they got Liam Neeson as voice of John Blacksad.

That’s because Blacksad has a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like the bad guys in the game. If they let the missing person go now that’ll be the end of it. He will not look for them, he will not pursue them, but if they don’t, he *will* look for them, he will find them and he will kill them…

Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

TimovieMan - 28 April 2019 05:28 AM
eddyc - 28 April 2019 02:24 AM

That’s because Blacksad has a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like the bad guys in the game. If they let the missing person go now that’ll be the end of it. He will not look for them, he will not pursue them, but if they don’t, he *will* look for them, he will find them and he will kill them…

Cool

I guess it wouldn’t be a good idea then to wish him good luck! Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The PlayStation version has been ‘accidentally released’ Grin and Microids urging players to wait for the release date, 14th of this month.

i really dont care much of it after i read previews of how it is inspired by ttg gameplaying style, but that is just me. 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/11/blacksad_under_the_skin_accidentally_releases_early_publisher_advises_not_playing?fbclid=IwAR0SQ5E5XBCXhFODfhG9rhd9mNDoZ0RRDruFfF-Qh2Nn5nVC4yCqPpkc7-Q

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

“In terms of true adaptation, Blacksad: Under the Skin is quite successful. The story is gripping and well written, with colorful characters, especially thanks to the voice-over and jazzy soundtrack. But in terms of gaming, the gameplay is heavy, the setting is sad, the glitches unbearable and the investigation mechanics too linear, making us want to watch what seems to be a better feature film than a good game experience. This adventure, although full of choices, treats you like a spectator.”
First review from millenium

That’s sad.  Tongue

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Honestly that quote makes me think I’ll enjoy it. The writing and mystery were the main things I was worried about. I’m totally down for a well written TTG style choice heavy adventure with some deduction puzzles thrown in. I highly doubt I’ll feel more like a “spectator” than in The Walking Dead: TFS and I liked that game a lot.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Released today on GOG.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I’m a couple of hours into the game. Feels a bit unpolished and the interface/controls/camera is pretty bad. Switched to a controller after failing to even understand how to work the menu/options via the keyboard/mouse. Just terrible.

The game itself Feels like a low budget game trying hard to pose as an AAA title, similar to Syberia 3. But in this case the bad stuff can’t quite kill the enjoyment. I actually really like it. The story, characters and voice acting are good so far. The gameplay indeed feels similar to a TTG game. No real puzzles, only choices and interaction.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top