• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Neofeud

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2015-01-11

PM

I’m only glad there is a game to write such good and true stuff about Smile Keep doing the great job!

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Playing Technobabylon at the moment so I’m in a Cyberpunk mood at the moment and I will try to pick up your game soon. Looks really good.

Also looking forward to BR 2049

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Just an update for you guys: Neofeud is now released on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

There is also going to be a livestreamed Neofeud release party at 4 PM EST where you can meet the developer, voice actors, and copies of Neofeud will be given away in some fun competitions!

Livestream link: https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur/live

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Here are some of the reviews that have just come out on Neofeud recently:

“This is an ambitious, atmospheric cyberpunk scenario and essentially the work of a single person (voice acting excluded). Oh, and it might also be one of the best adventure games I have played in a while, so there’s that.”

Granted, a lot of this is “just” good cyberpunk in the vein of Gibson, Dick, and Stephenson. However, the world building is something else. It has a thickness, a density to it. Almost every line of the game’s technobabble fleshes out the game world some more. If that’s your thing, the game is immensely enjoyable.”

http://indiegames.com/2017/09/neofeud.html

“I did not know what to expect going into Neofeud, but I came out excited to see what’s next for Silver Spook Games. The game has more than the surface indicates, which I loved. It offers social commentary, much like its many influences, but successfully stands on its own.

In the end, the art, gameplay, music and story come together to deliver a solid game. Check it out if you are looking for something different and cerebral.”

https://indieranger.com/neofeud-review

“I love how the game has many humorous references to well known movies, like Hasta La Vista from Terminator or the song War by Edwin Starr, used in Rush Hour. But Neofeud also shows how terribly ridiculous our bureaucracy system works. Or better said; does not work at all. Forms, tests, procedures, all working against each other without any result whatsoever.

Neofeud is developed by just one man. Especially when you keep that in mind, I think the game looks good and definitely has its own signature look. The background is hand drawn, while buildings and characters are designed in a comic style. The point-and-click mechanism works great and the developer wanted to offer players more than just a fun game.”

http://dumeegamer.com/reviews/diana/neofeud.html

Neofeud’s still on sale till this Tuesday!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m tempted!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I tried the demo & liked it enough to buy the full game. I played for quite a few hours today & I love everything about it so far - the artwork has some interesting & in my mind inventive detail, the main character is very likeable & the premise (which I didn’t imagine I would like) I’ve found very engaging while also tugging at the heart-strings a little. There’s a lot of very thought-provoking & justifiably cynical ‘social comment’ within the context of the story which is very reflective of present day ‘procedures’. I’ve found it wonderful (so far) & the voice-acting is pretty good!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Thanks Chrissie for trying and buying Neofeud! I’m gad that it’s to your liking. I’m also glad that the social commentary both came across and felt relevant/resonant to you. Thanks also for posting this feedback, since as a one-person indie I rely on word-of-mouth, so this is a big help! Smile

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

And here’s one more review that just came in:

A Diamond Of Storytelling In The Scrap Pile

“When I play a game, I play to be compelled or immersed in some way. The game has to dig its claws in and drag me in. Walking away has to be difficult or that’s exactly what I’ll do. Neofeud grabbed me in just that way through its gripping mastery of storytelling, akin to how last I binged on episodes of Game of Thrones.

Neofeud is a point-and-click game set in a sci-fi dystopia borne of the minds of every prominent science fiction writer from the past century, from H.R. Giger to Ridley Scott. The result is a disturbing yet strangly familiar dystopian society in which social inequality is systemic, the top one percent have their own one percent, and the birth of A.I has resulted in a massive population of unemployed sentient robots. Sound interesting? We’re only just dipping our toes.

Beginning by introducing the main character of the story, an ex-cop and currently social worker named Karl Carbon, the story of Neofeud quickly explodes into a story rife with psuedoscience and more twists than an M. Night Shamlyan movie. As a single conspiracy unfolds, others follow, creating a story layered so deep that by the halfway mark of Neofeud’s potential 15-hour game time I found myself questioning characters motives even more than the main character of the game itself.

Past endless conspiracies and a spiraling story, the characters of Neofeud are developed so much more than characters in nearly any other game I’ve recently played. Karl and the cast that he interacts with are human to a tee. Interactions with them are immersive and real, a necessity when a majority of the game is dialogue.”

Read the full review from Sprites and Dice.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like a great game, on my bucket list.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I was really enjoying this game up until the godawful shooting sequence in the arcade. Died 30 times before I decided to throw in the towel. And I knew exactly what I had to do, it was just stupidly quick and impossible to complete.

A real shame, because it seemed a very promising game with interesting social issues. I guess I’ll get a refund and watch the rest on youtube.

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Oscar - 09 October 2017 11:29 PM

I was really enjoying this game up until the godawful shooting sequence in the arcade. Died 30 times before I decided to throw in the towel. And I knew exactly what I had to do, it was just stupidly quick and impossible to complete.

EDIT: I have just added a new updated version of Neofeud that should address this issue in the Arcade Fight.  To opt-in to the update (still in beta) simply follow these steps:

1.) Right click on “Neofeud” in your Steam Library.
2.) Click on “Properties”.
3.) Click on the “Betas” tab.
4.) Chose to opt in to the beta in the drop-down box.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with this! Did you watch the let’s play videos of the sequence and still have trouble?

Also, did you have trouble with getting away from the bar, or with the sequence where one character is finding a way out and the other character is shooting?  I will work on updating this section to make it less difficult since there are some players who have had issues with it.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Silverspook - 10 October 2017 12:39 AM
Oscar - 09 October 2017 11:29 PM

EDIT: I have just added a new updated version of Neofeud that should address this issue in the Arcade Fight.  To opt-in to the update (still in beta) simply follow these steps:

1.) Right click on “Neofeud” in your Steam Library.
2.) Click on “Properties”.
3.) Click on the “Betas” tab.
4.) Chose to opt in to the beta in the drop-down box.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with this! Did you watch the let’s play videos of the sequence and still have trouble?

Also, did you have trouble with getting away from the bar, or with the sequence where one character is finding a way out and the other character is shooting?  I will work on updating this section to make it less difficult since there are some players who have had issues with it.

It was actually both, the first part I kept trying to go left and was dying, I wasn’t sure whether I needed to shoot the baddies or taser them. Then I found I had to go north on the Steam forums but couldn’t get through the next part.

Anyway thanks for listening. I liked most of what I played and I look forward to seeing future games from you.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Silverspook - 10 October 2017 12:39 AM

Did you watch the let’s play videos of the sequence and still have trouble?

Hi Silverspook, I had trouble in the Arcade too (with both parts) but somehow or other managed to eventually get through after several very infuriating attempts! It’s great to know that you will be including a patch to make it a little easier.
I will say that the sequence in the Arcade was confusing because I wasn’t sure whether the 2 icons referred to changing characters or weapons? - I think an explanation is needed.  Also please, I don’t want to have to watch YT footage (which I did) to get by a timed sequence. Anyway I’ve moved on & enjoying it as far as I’ve had time to play! Thumbs Up

Joined 2017-04-13

PM

Thanks Oscar and Chrissie for playing and giving feedback. I am currently working on a new adventure game (Dysmaton) which I’m trying to make better than Neofeud based on what I’m learning. I have developed games previously but they were largely 3D FPS/RPG immersive sim type games using Unreal, UT2K4, and the Deus Ex 1 engine.

At any rate here’s one more review from 3rdStrike

Neofeud is an excellent game, and an impressive achievement for a one-man game studio. The writing is excellent, with a fleshed-out interesting setting. The graphic style is very unique and pretty cool, but might not appeal to everyone. The soundtrack is great and fits the setting really well. The gameplay is fast-paced and will really pull you into the story. This game is recommended for people who love point ‘n click adventures, and like a deep and engaging storyline in a dark and dystopian futuristic setting. Score: 8.8/10

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve finished the game & I’ve got to say was completely blown away by the artwork, plot & the characters! It also left me thinking as the story, although set in the future, very much echoes the attitudes, prejudices, injustices, corruption etc in the present day world quite powerfully but in an engaging & fun way.
The game is very much enhanced by the excellent voice-acting particularly that of one of the main characters but for players who don’t like dialogue-heavy games steer away as there’s lots!
On the subject of dialogue that particularly for the AI character for me stands out as being so brilliant & masterful as along with the way it was delivered it was full of content amusingly integrated that refers to so much that we recognise in our current culture re games, books, films, quotes, history etc, etc which reminded me a little of a film or TV series I watched where aliens learnt about the human race through streaming of TV & ads & got things a little wrong. The character’s speech is also influenced by ‘street’ terminology which may be offensive to some players.

Silverspook, it must have taken you forever to think up & write all of that dialogue for the AI + the amount of research you must have done for other info is phenomenal! Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top