• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

AG’s Rock Community

Total Posts: 1404

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Interestingly, for me anyway Smile , the above reminded me of an old mate from my teens in the sixties who played flute for the Exeter Cathedral Choir, obviously classical as opposed to rock (he also taught me quite a bit about hi-fi as well) so I thought I’d add something slightly different. :

And India has a very long history of flute music which should not be overlooked as there are very many brilliant Indian flautists around:

Never cry for something that can’t cry for you.

Total Posts: 7606

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

A few months ago, YouTube randomly introduced me to Lord of the Lost, which has become one of my favourite bands.

YouTube threw another band at me today:

Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust

The rest of their songs sound great too!

Finnish band, never heard of them before…

Now playing: Blade Runner (post-CPT) | The Witcher: Enhance Edition (on hold) | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on hold) | Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
Recently finished: Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5 | Beneath a Steel Sky (CPT) - 3/5 | 3 in Three - 3.5/5 | Puzzle Gallery: At the Carnival - 2.5/5 | The Fool’s Errand (replay) - 3.5/5 | The Dig (replay) - 4.5/5 | Return of the Obra Dinn (CPT) - 4/5 | Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - 3.5/5 | League of Light: The Game (CCPT) - 3/5 | realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - 2.5/5 | Contradiction - 3/5 | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - 2/5 | The Last Express - 3.5/5 | South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 4/5 | Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (replay, CPT) - 5/5

Total Posts: 7606

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So my 4-year-old son had spent some time with his grandparents, which often means he spent part of the afternoon watching YouTube videos.

He came back home telling me about a song he heard that he really liked.

It turned out to be something I had never heard before. I agree with him that it’s a really good song. But seeing as how he’s FOUR, he might be shaping up to be even more of a metalhead than I am… Cool

I’m so proud of him…

Let’s not dwell too much on him probably liking the song because of the cowboys and guns in the video. Crazy

Now playing: Blade Runner (post-CPT) | The Witcher: Enhance Edition (on hold) | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on hold) | Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
Recently finished: Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5 | Beneath a Steel Sky (CPT) - 3/5 | 3 in Three - 3.5/5 | Puzzle Gallery: At the Carnival - 2.5/5 | The Fool’s Errand (replay) - 3.5/5 | The Dig (replay) - 4.5/5 | Return of the Obra Dinn (CPT) - 4/5 | Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - 3.5/5 | League of Light: The Game (CCPT) - 3/5 | realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - 2.5/5 | Contradiction - 3/5 | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - 2/5 | The Last Express - 3.5/5 | South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 4/5 | Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (replay, CPT) - 5/5

Total Posts: 3738

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s quite a powerful song.  I was surprised to see that it’s not from a movie because it has a cinematic feel to it.  Yes, I can see how the cowboys would impress a 4-year-old.  For me, the tarantula close-up will probably give me nightmares. Smile

We don’t get smarter as we get older.  There is just less stupid stuff left that we haven’t already done.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!