• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #62 - Lighthouse: The Dark Being

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I finished the Fortress section and I flew back to the Temple with the now repaired Ornithopter. And now that I think about it, it was not the best move! I left my nice submarine behind! And I could have gone to the Temple whenever I wanted to with my bat-plane and its magic whistle! Anyways, I have the part of the machine I need. I can reload the game if needed or just use the ornithpter again if it goes both ways. I don’t remember if the Temple teleporter can sent me there. In general it was a nice small chapter that I appreciate the tone of change.

P.S. Nice touch that we could see the Volcano from the top of the Fortress walls.
P.S.2: The buffed monster offered me a nice jumpscare behind the door.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Note:  There’s only one way to get to our final location, which we’ll tackle in section 5, and that’s by water.  The flying machine is there in case you took a different path and had to go back to the temple. 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 14 October 2020 01:33 AM

Seriously, I am fed up of switches, levers, valves, etc… Maybe I don’t have patience anymore, but I don’t feel like spending hours trying to figure out how everything works without any clue.

I can’t agree more!

I really hope the game recovers the spirit of the beginning of the game at the fortress and what is left, because I will continue playing just to see how the story ends, but not because I am enjoying the journey very much…

I haven’t finished doing everything there is to do in the fortress just yet but I felt a little more on familiar ground with a wood-cutting machine & getting a furnace going to melt & mold metal bars but for what purpose I don’t know yet. I liked the cannon ball puzzle as that seemed to be more direct & purposeful - yes that was fun! 

EDIT: Sorry about my tone, but I don’t remember getting so frustrated with an adventure game since Return to Ringworld…

No worries about your tone as you’re not the only one!
I’ve made a mental note to never play Return to Ringworld!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 14 October 2020 01:07 PM
walas74 - 14 October 2020 01:33 AM

Seriously, I am fed up of switches, levers, valves, etc… Maybe I don’t have patience anymore, but I don’t feel like spending hours trying to figure out how everything works without any clue.

I can’t agree more!

I really hope the game recovers the spirit of the beginning of the game at the fortress and what is left, because I will continue playing just to see how the story ends, but not because I am enjoying the journey very much…

I haven’t finished doing everything there is to do in the fortress just yet but I felt a little more on familiar ground with a wood-cutting machine & getting a furnace going to melt & mold metal bars but for what purpose I don’t know yet. I liked the cannon ball puzzle as that seemed to be more direct & purposeful - yes that was fun! 

EDIT: Sorry about my tone, but I don’t remember getting so frustrated with an adventure game since Return to Ringworld…

No worries about your tone as you’re not the only one!
I’ve made a mental note to never play Return to Ringworld!  Laughing

Thanks, chrissie! I will take a breath, I mean, a break, and continue tomorrow.

About Return to Ringworld, it was a translation into Spanish suggested by a no longer friend (well, I am joking, still friend). Testing the translation was worst than a tooth-ache.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I managed to start the sub, and have arrived at the wreck. Dinner is a one-pot braise tonight, so I may get an hour to see what I can do at the wreck. Not looking forward to it. I remember the WT has step-by-step instructions. (I wrote some of it and edited all of it. It made sense back when the WT was created. We’ll see if that’s still the case.) I’ve still got tomorrow afternoon.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m finished with the fortress.  I dispatched the monster, and although I was happy to have him out of the way, I felt sorry for him when he was being teased.

Despite the fact that you don’t need to do it, the flight video is worth seeing, and you’ll be able to fly right back.  (I had to switch discs to do it, but I still enjoyed the ride.)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 October 2020 05:04 PM

I’m finished with the fortress.  I dispatched the monster, and although I was happy to have him out of the way, I felt sorry for him when he was being teased.

Despite the fact that you don’t need to do it, the flight video is worth seeing, and you’ll be able to fly right back.  (I had to switch discs to do it, but I still enjoyed the ride.)

I have not arrived at the fortress yet, but I recall, and agree that killing the monster came with a sense of sadness. Although not nearly as much as leaving Liryl behind as we departed the temple.

Looking forward to the premier of Amazing Race tonight. Ergo, my wreck search will wait another day. If I fall behind, it won’t be by so much that I can’t catch up in a day or two. (I hope.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I eventually managed to fly away from the Fortress…...

Lady Kestrel - 14 October 2020 05:04 PM

Despite the fact that you don’t need to do it, the flight video is worth seeing, and you’ll be able to fly right back.

I very much enjoyed the flight video….but now I have to fly right back…...oh! I’m now wondering what the point of fixing the Ornithopter was?

Lady Kestrel - 13 October 2020 07:11 PM

I’m at the fortress now and managed to get the power on.  I do remember this part, so your reactions to it will be interesting.

As I think it’s the first place I came to I did manage to get the power on just by fiddling about but only realised on replaying in a different order that you could break a part in the process!

Pegbiter - 13 October 2020 05:14 PM

..... The only problem I had was that it took me a while to realize that I could look down at the base of the statue.

Same here! I did find the navigation in that room particularly difficult anyway.

Sefir - 14 October 2020 06:46 AM

..... I could have gone to the Temple whenever I wanted to with my bat-plane and its magic whistle!

I still haven’t worked out how to call the bat-plane with the whistle? from Martin’s Roost?

P.S. Nice touch that we could see the Volcano from the top of the Fortress walls. P.S.2: The buffed monster offered me a nice jumpscare behind the door.

Yes!

In general I enjoyed my time in the Fortress more - it seemed obvious what to do after picking up the wood, coal & ingots with the only thing missing there was to cast what?  ... & I didn’t realise that I had to allow a certain amount of time for the ingots to melt before I was able to action the ‘cauldron’ tipping into the mold otherwise I may have tried the part on the ornithopter without cheating! .

As already said the use of the cannon seemed obvious & I enjoyed the carpentry machinery.

I’m looking forward to what comes next….. after I’ve flown back to the Fortress
Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I thought the designers did a good job of keeping players from getting stuck in a particular location.  The bat plane can be called from the upper area of Martin’s Roost.  It’s available in case you had to go back to the temple after using the portal machine to the lab.  The larger flying machine is at the fortress for the same reason.  (You could even go all the way back to the roost by calling the bat plane from the temple if you didn’t want to fiddle with the sub’s controls again.) Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 October 2020 10:13 AM

The bat plane can be called from the upper area of Martin’s Roost.

I must be doing something wrong as I can’t get the bat plane to come back but I’m not sure exactly where in the upper area of Martin’s Roost I’m supposed to use it? - I’ve tried everywhere. Also if I click on it (the bat whistle) it seems that you need to click until you light up the green buttons or am i doing that in the wrong order? Or is it that you can’t call back the bat plane if you don’t need to?    Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hmmm.  I’ll have to go back to my save after getting back from the lab to see if I can retrieve it.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think you’re right that you can’t retrieve it if you’ve done all you need to do at the temple.  My whistle didn’t even become active, and I also couldn’t get an up arrow to climb up to the launch area to try it out there.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you for looking Lady Kestrel.  Thumbs Up I could get up to the launch area but couldn’t do a thing with the whistle.  Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

chrissie - 15 October 2020 11:13 AM
Lady Kestrel - 15 October 2020 10:13 AM

The bat plane can be called from the upper area of Martin’s Roost.

I must be doing something wrong as I can’t get the bat plane to come back but I’m not sure exactly where in the upper area of Martin’s Roost I’m supposed to use it? - I’ve tried everywhere. Also if I click on it (the bat whistle) it seems that you need to click until you light up the green buttons or am i doing that in the wrong order? Or is it that you can’t call back the bat plane if you don’t need to?    Smile

I got it to work before I left for the wreck/fortress in the sub.
You need to go up to where you took the bat plane. Set the whistle to the very highest frequency (the one that does not make a sound), and press the button. I am not sure why this specific frequency. I guess bats can hear these kinds of frequencies that humans can’t?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Late last night I finished the fortress section and got the piece that was hidden. I was stuck a little trying to get past the monster. I thought we needed to make a ladder with the wood we found(2 long planks and few short ones), but I couldn’t find any hammer or nails anywhere. Then I just tried it on the side room, and it worked. I think I liked this section more than the other sections in the game, because it was more traditional and less trying to operate really complicated machinery with no instructions on what each knob does.

I did ride the plane to the temple and back like Lady K suggested.
Does anyone see some Syberia similarities between the train automaton and the flying machines? How they are both mechanical in nature and you need to wind them up before taking them? It makes sense after visiting the temple why the machines are mechanically driven in nature. After all they are trying to live in harmony with nature and shed the polluting ways of the past. I wonder if our world might go that direction someday.

I did wonder though, what was the power source propelling the sub? I did see steam coming out of the engine room, but we didn’t use coal or anything, just pulled this lever with the interesting looking tube attached, and the whirring machinery in the back.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top