• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TV show sound uh…show REVIVED!

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Hi again guys!

A couple of months back I started a TV theme quiz thread which was well received but unfortunately quickly died. However a new site another chance right? So let me first clarify something. Though I have twice posted a medley here that doesn’t mean everyone has to post a medley. A single theme is good enough as well. So really if it’s timeconstraints that stopped you guys in the past from continuing this thread, there’s an easy sollution.

So now onwards to the quiz. Below is a link to a new medley with themes from nothing but crime drama series. The majority is British simply because most of the crime dramas I watch are but there are some international ones as well. Most are fairly well known I think but there are some obscure ones. Guessing (without hints) a well known theme gets you 1 point, guessing an obscure one 2 and then there’s a really obscure theme which gets you three points. Guessing an obscure theme with one or more hints gets you 1 point and in the case of the incredibly obscure one 2 points.

Otherwise it’s pretty straightforward: 2 guesses per round and whoever has most points and/or correct guesses wins. When it’s a tie with 2 people having the same amount of points the number of correct guesses beats the number of points. When it’s a tie between the number of guesses the one with the most points wins.

And in case no one has ever watched any crime drama series, don’t hsitate to ask for a hint. There are plenty.

Let’s see if we can keep this thread alive somewhat longer this time

Enjoy!
http://kiwi6.com/file/nk2o45ybww

(0.00) 1. (obscure, 2 pts)
(0.49) 2. (well known 1 pt)
(1.21) 3. (obscure 2 pts)
(2.18) 4. (well known 1 pt)
(2.48) 5. (well known 1 pt)
(3.45) 6. (well known 1 pt)
(4.15) 7. (well known 1 pt)
(4.54) 8. (well known 1 pt)
(5.24) 9. (incredibly obscure 3 pts)
(6.12) 10. (well known 1 pt)
(6.40) 11. (well known 1 pt)
(7.09) 12. (well known 1 pt)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Even though I am British I don’t watch a lot of UK TV.

Th eonly one I recognise is 10. Wallander

p.s I think it was my fault the last one stagnated as it was my turn. Frown

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 23 May 2012 02:26 PM

Even though I am British I don’t watch a lot of UK TV.

Th eonly one I recognise is 10. Wallander

p.s I think it was my fault the last one stagnated as it was my turn. Frown

How dare you kill a thread! Pan
In all seriousness I assume it was a lack of time that stopped you from posting the next one, next time just post a single theme.

Also I have the feeling UK TV is watched more outside the UK than inside. Still you should give it a try. You’ve got some great shows! (I could recommend a few but then I’d give away some of the answers)And as I said before there are a few themes from international shows.

And yes Wallander is correct. Great show btw

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I didn’t know there was a British Wallander TV series (I don’t recognise any of the themes). How different is it from the original books / Swedish series?

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Aargh, I’ve heard nearly all the themes before, but I struggle to place them!

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Ah, I’m glad you brought it back Smile

I was a close second last time, and I already had list of themes planned, so I guess I should try to win this thing now that I have time to make a medley (because I think it’s more fun that way) Tongue (I was thinking of stepping in when the old one stagnated, but then I never had the time…)

Of course, now this is difficult Grin Can’t recognize a single one yet (about halfway through) - some are faintly familiar, but meh…

(Edit): Yep, not a single one Shifty Eyed

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Trumgottist - 23 May 2012 03:21 PM

I didn’t know there was a British Wallander TV series (I don’t recognise any of the themes). How different is it from the original books / Swedish series?

Though I haven’t read the books I have the distinct feeling the BBC series does differ quite a bit. Mainly because they have to squeeze 400 page books into 90 minutes rather than the loooooong (too long if you ask me) Rolf Lassgärd movies. However in terms of atmosphere it’s very Wallander, Kenneth Branagh’s Wallander is very much the depressed, melancholic inspector and the series very much has a existentialistic feel to it.

However if you’re refering to the Krister Henrikson tv series. It’s very very different. The BBC series is much slower paced and much more character driven.

Hope that helps

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I believe no. 2 is

Silent Witness

Otherwise i’m stuck!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

That’s correct. Great show imo, especially from season 8 onward

2. Silent Witness(IntenseDegree)
10. Wallander(BBC version)(Lucien21)

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Okay time for some much needed hints I think

1. Long running whodunnit series, based on novels
3. Technically not a TV series but a series of films turned into a TV series. Based on a series of novels
4. Very recent whodunnit series. Based on a series of novels
5. Highly succesful, hugely popular international series
6. Started off as a miniseries but due to it’s huge succes was turned into a multiple season series
7. Relatively long running whodunnit series based on a series of novels
8. Remake of another series
9. Very long running whodunnit series, theme was only used for a single episode.Based on a series of novels
11. Psychological thriller series. Based on a series of novels
12. It’s international equivalent

Hope that gets some bells ringing

NOTE: Though I’ve identified some themes as being from international shows(meaning not from the UK), there are actually more international titles in there that I have not identified as such. (don’t wanna make this too easy)

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2006-06-06

PM

8 is The Killing

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Correct! Nowhere near as the good as the original imo. But still way better than most US crime dramas.

2. Silent Witness(IntenseDegree)
8. The Killing(Shany)
10. Wallander(BBC version)(Lucien21)

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Okay time for some more hints

1. Not a tv series in the traditional way with the same main characters every episode. Rather more a collection of stories though there were specials featuring a recurring character
3. Based on incredibly bestselling, world renowned novels
4. Has the most unattractive main character in a long while
5. Has a connection with one of the other shows included in this quiz
6. Set in a particular part of London
7. Has a very suave main character
9. Odd couple fighting crime
11. Though very gritty definitely has a poetic touch
12. Precursor to one of todays most popular crime procedurals

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Okay, I didn’t actually recognize the tune, but is #3
Sherlock?

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Nope sorry. I can definitely see where you’re coming from but no. The novels I’m talking about are a bit more recent than that.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I haven’t seen it and it’s a total guess, but from the clues I will try

6. Whitechapel

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top