• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TV show sound uh…show REVIVED!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

3. Keeping Up Appearances
20. QI

Lucien21 - 15 April 2014 05:08 PM

I also know No 20, but only two at a time.

My competitive side says thanks for the intel. Wink Naughty

UPtimist - 16 April 2014 03:03 AM

I can also already give small hints, if you want? If anyone says so, I’ll update with stuff along the lines of what TMM started with.

I still know a few more without hints, so it’s not necessary yet for me.

Oh, and I don’t consider The Pretender to be obscure either. It stars the Nameless One from Planescape: Torment, after all. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Both right, for both of you!

I put Keeping Up Appearances here just for Sage Wink but he didn’t show up…

As for Wycliffe, since gray pierce didn’t show up on the last round I’d figured it was safe to put it there - it was the thing I was going to say about, that it had already been in the competition. But I though I was safe if mr. Pierce wasn’t competing Grin I did put it on 1 pt for that reason, though. I just had to put it there since it’s one of my favorites Smile

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

UPtimist - 16 April 2014 01:45 PM

I’m here, but the sound clip won’t play for me.  Thanks for thinking of me nonetheless. Smile

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

gray pierce - 16 April 2014 04:24 AM

17. Sherlock

Funny thing. I don’t follow the series so I didn’t recognize the theme song, but I made a note that it sounded Sherlock Holmes-y and I was totally planning on checking the theme songs for Sherlock and Elementary… Tongue
If it sounds Sherlock Holmes-y, then I think they did the theme song right… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Sage - 16 April 2014 03:18 PM
UPtimist - 16 April 2014 01:45 PM

I’m here, but the sound clip won’t play for me.  Thanks for thinking of me nonetheless. Smile

Aw, too bad! Did you try the download? You should’ve told me Tongue

I’m still a tad surprised The Pretender didn’t seem as obscure as I thought… But usually very few I’ve mentioned it to know it. Not that I’ve talked abou it much…

Also, Timsie, you’re missing out on Sherloock, it’s really one of the best things on TV. I mean, even Jane Jensen is such a big fan that she’s written fan fic Grin

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

No more guesses this round?

Remember, if you want hints, just ask! I will nevertheless do them for Round 3, but I can do a first round of hints before, too.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

TimovieMan - 16 April 2014 04:25 PM
gray pierce - 16 April 2014 04:24 AM

17. Sherlock

If it sounds Sherlock Holmes-y, then I think they did the theme song right… Thumbs Up

It’s not the theme song. It’s another piece from the soundtrack.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Actually as far as I understood it is the theme song, it’s just not the part that they play in the intro. But the actual theme song is very long and this part comes pretty much right before the part that the do play in the intro.

Okay, I’ll soon update the scoreboard and go to round three, since no one else seems to be guessing.

Here’s the list again:
http://kiwi6.com/file/02yax5xdac

Guesses (or knows) so far:
(00.00) 1. Midsomer Murders (Lady Kestrel, 1pt)
(00.46) 2. Angel (Lucien21, 1pt)
(02.07) 3. Keeping Up Appearances (TimovieMan, 1pt)
(02.40) 4. (non-English, 3pts)
(03.13) 5. (very well known, 1pt)
(03.56) 6. (well known, 1pt)
(04.28) 7. A Touch of Frost (gray pierce, 2pts)
(05.49) 8. (well known, 1pt)
(06.52) 9. 30 Rock (TimovieMan, 1pt)
(07.12) 10. Lovejoy (Lady Kestrel, 2pts)
(08.09) 11. Inspector Morse (gray pierce, 2pts)
(09.13) 12. (mildly obscure 90’s, 2pts)
(10.12) 13. (well known, 1pt)
(10.31) 14. The Pretender (Lucien21, 3pts)
(11.01) 15. (well known, 1pt)
(11.14) 16. (mildly obsure 90’s, 2pts)
(12.02) 17. Sherlock (gray pierce, 1pt)
(12.53) 18. Smack the Pony (TimovieMan, 2pts)
(13.30) 19. (old, 2pts)
(14.34) 20. QI (TimovieMan, 1pt)
(15.22) 21. Wycliffe (gray pierce, 1pt)

Hope that’s right now…

Standings:
gray pierce - 6 pts
TimovieMan - 5 pts
Lucien21 - 4 pts
Lady Kestrel - 3 pts

[s]Not quite yet Round 3 but in a moment! There’s still time for round 2 Tongue[/s]
Oh well, the show must go on. I wonder if I could do a handicap-of-sorts for those who didn’t do round two… Well, maybe not, at least there’s still time to catch up. So, Round 3 - go! Smile (Now with added hints)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

5. Mr. Bean
13. Arrested Development

12 is driving me crazy. I’m 200% certain I know it, but I can’t place it…

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was in NY yesterday seeing a show and didn’t get a chance to check in here.  Anyway, Tim took Keeping Up Appearances, the only other one I know readily.  Off to listen some more.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Too bad! (Hope it was a good show though.) Well, I hope you’ll come up with some Smile And I guess if/when the guesses slow down (maybe they already have), I can give more hints, too, before the next round.

TimovieMan - 17 April 2014 11:33 AM

5. Mr. Bean
13. Arrested Development

Both correct.

Ha! It’s a good one Grin

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

UPtimist - 17 April 2014 12:45 PM

Too bad! (Hope it was a good show though.)

I saw Violet starring 2-time Tony winner Sutton Foster, and it was most definitely a good show and very powerful. 

Me, too!  It’s right on the tip of my brain but seems to be sliding off.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

4. Tatort?

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

UPtimist - 17 April 2014 09:23 AM

Actually as far as I understood it is the theme song, it’s just not the part that they play in the intro. But the actual theme song is very long and this part comes pretty much right before the part that the do play in the intro.

No the main theme is what you hear over the opening credits. A couple of fans once made a compilation of the show’s music and called it the main theme but the actual main theme (or at least the track on the OST CD titled “main theme”) is only 40 seconds long.

The main problem with Sherlock is that the fans are basically in charge of the show rather than the actual writers who are becomning more and more concerned with fanservice and less so with actual good storytelling. Which could’ve been okay were it not for the fact that I severely dislike the Sherlock fanbase for reasons I shall not specifiy for fear of being disliked myself for as long as I live.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Sorry, not Tatort.

gray pierce - 17 April 2014 09:55 PM

No the main theme is what you hear over the opening credits. A couple of fans once made a compilation of the show’s music and called it the main theme but the actual main theme (or at least the track on the OST CD titled “main theme”) is only 40 seconds long.

Oh, right! I didn’t remember the intro, I haven’t seen it in such a while. Remembered it wrong, I thought it was that theme, but you’re right… Oh well, no harm done Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top