• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Get-together 2013 - Germany

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Would be great to have you around as well Timovieman! Smile

As for hotels: it would be nice if we could all get into the same hotel/gasthaus/thingamajiggy. I know that tsa is eager to start booking, so maybe this is the moment to inventarise where everyone is planning to stay as far as we know now?

The better half and I are in favour of the Felsenmeer Gasthaus (if there is still enough room, especially to fit everyone?). Wiesengrund could be interesting too (especially a lot more space), but as the price-site is broken, we will have to contact them first about that. Bergfriede is also an option, but there I’d also like to have some more info about exact prices first.

So, we kinda keep our options open, also depending on the rest. Hope to hear your thoughts soon Smile

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I go wherever you go Luna Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

So for whom do I have to make the tags? And which hotel shall we take?

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

You can make a tag for Johannes and me, most definitely.

I should get around to finding a nice restaurant. For that I need to know possible allergies or food intolerances I need to consider.

You can send me a PM if you don’t want to share the details in the thread. Smile

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I need food with no salt added to it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

You can go ahead and make a tag for me too.
Should things change (it’ll depend on the missus’ condition in a month), I’ll definitely keep you posted.

No allergies or food intolerances to consider.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

OK, tags for Jazhara7, Johannes (does he have a nickname?), tsa, Timovieman, Luna Sevithiainen and Elvira, and Stepurhan and Mrs. Urhan. Small but gezellig group!

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

His common nickname for LAN Parties and the like is “Sickbrain”. Smile He says you can use that for his tag.

- Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

Okay, I’m thinking of this restaurant:
Ada’s Buka

It’s an African Restaurant at the top end of the Felsenmeer. We’ve been there for a small snack before, and it seemed very good. The prices seem in the medium range. If no one has a problem with this, I’d think this would be very nice. It’s a very nice location, and would fit well with the plan for the day.

Also, like I said, I’d be more than willing to go to places with everyone or just few of you (depending on who wants to come along) to other places. Johannes said we could make a small trip to Aschaffenburg which is the closest large town in Bavaria from here, and already has a different culture from the Darmstadt-Odenwald region. We’d go for a tour of the Schlappe-Seppel Brewery, and look around the historical city. There’s also some really nice tours of several locations and the city itself. Or we could explore on our own.

There’s of course some other places in the Odenwald I’d love to show you. There’s some other castles, and even entire cities. Just ask and I will respond. Smile

I also wanted to ask if everyone has found a place to stay already, and when you’d arrive. I’d just like to get my facts together, to keep me from panicking while planning. Wink

- Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Luna and her significant other and me will be staying at the Felsenmeer Gasthaus.
Can I just say that it looks like we need a whole week with all the things you want to show? Wink
And more serious: can you please not forget about the wheelchair? I hope the roads are not too steep…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jazhara7 - 06 July 2013 06:14 PM

I also wanted to ask if everyone has found a place to stay already, and when you’d arrive. I’d just like to get my facts together, to keep me from panicking while planning. Wink

I approve of the restaurant. A lot even, because it’s not really one I’d get to visit with the missus (she can be picky when it comes to food)... Tongue

I’ll invert your question, though. At what time would you like me to arrive? Tongue
I can get there at about 10.30 - 11 am. Earlier would make my return trip more problematic (wouldn’t want to fall asleep at the wheel)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

If they can make food that is low in sodium (Na) (this is usually achieved by not adding salt to the dish during cooking) then I’m OK with the restaurant.

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

tsa - 07 July 2013 09:08 AM

If they can make food that is low in sodium (Na) (this is usually achieved by not adding salt to the dish during cooking) then I’m OK with the restaurant.

I just called them to be sure, and they said they, as I expected with African food, already cook pretty much salt-free for European standards. And it can always be requested to be sure. Smile

Also, no worries about the wheelchair. We’ve got a plan for the Felsenmeer. Johannes will lead anyone who wants to climb across the rocks, I will accompany everyone who uses the path, and my mother will take everyone who doesn’t want to go up the mountain and/or can’t in the car, to enjoy the view of us sweating and working our way up the mountain from above (you will be allowed to cackle with Schadenfreude. Wink ).

Oh, and I just asked my mother; would you make a nametag for my mother too? Her name’s “Hanne”. Smile

TimovieMan - 07 July 2013 08:08 AM

I’ll invert your question, though. At what time would you like me to arrive? Tongue
I can get there at about 10.30 - 11 am. Earlier would make my return trip more problematic (wouldn’t want to fall asleep at the wheel)...

10:30 am should be fine. The last meeting started at around the same time. Smile

But I was actually asking to know the days on which the different people are going to arrive, so I can plan a bit. Still, time is important too.  Grin

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jazhara7 - 07 July 2013 02:15 PM
tsa - 07 July 2013 09:08 AM

I just called them to be sure, and they said they, as I expected with African food, already cook pretty much salt-free for European standards. And it can always be requested to be sure. Smile

Also, no worries about the wheelchair. We’ve got a plan for the Felsenmeer. Johannes will lead anyone who wants to climb across the rocks, I will accompany everyone who uses the path, and my mother will take everyone who doesn’t want to go up the mountain and/or can’t in the car, to enjoy the view of us sweating and working our way up the mountain from above (you will be allowed to cackle with Schadenfreude. Wink ).

Oh, and I just asked my mother; would you make a nametag for my mother too? Her name’s “Hanne”. Smile

That’s all great Jazz, thank you very much! About the nametag: I also do need an avvie for your mother Smile. Can you send me one? You can PM me for my email address if you haven’t got it already.

So, tags for:
Jazhara7,
Sickbrain,
Hanne,
tsa,
Timovieman,
Luna Sevithiainen,
Elvira,
Stepurhan,
Mrs. Urhan.

I need avvies for Elvira, Sickbrain, Hanna and Mrs. Urhan. Please send me them soon!

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Arriving Friday. Booked at Wissengrund.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top