• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TV show sound uh…show REVIVED!

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Okay since no one’s guessed anything in a long while I think it’s time for a new round. This time all bets are off. You can post as many answers as you like.

FINAL HINTS:

3. Based on a trilogy
4. Characters first name is the title
11. Features a clinical psychologist

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I guess I’ll take an utter shot in the dark and say #11
Dexter

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

3. Must be based on the Millenium Trilogy books. Did they make a TV show as well as the movie trilogy? 

11. Wire in the Blood

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 29 May 2012 03:57 PM

3. Must be based on the Millenium Trilogy books. Did they make a TV show as well as the movie trilogy?

Oh no you’re wrong that’s not it. That’s just another identical theme which very coincidentally was also used for the tv adapatation of a trilogy of books/films. Wink

The tv-show is basically the extended cut of the movies. Th theatrical releases are all roughly 150 mins long whereas the extended version are all 180 mins and which were released as a 6x90 mins tv-series. Needless to say the extended version’s better.

11. Wire in the Blood

Yup! That’s correct! Tv show featuring an extentric psychologist who assists the police in catching serial killers. Based on the books by Val McDermid. Great show! Cancalled far too soon imo. Books are fantastic as well. Name is derived from a poem by T.S. Eliot

Here’s the full theme:

Only one to go. Now how many recent tv-shows(meaning airing now) do we know that feature a rather unattractive female main character, are based on a series of books and has the first name of the main character character as its title?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Vera

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Yup! One of the best new shows currently on tv. Love it!Based on the books by Ann Cleeves

And that makes you the winner of this quiz! Meaning you get to post the next one. Though if possible be a bit more quick about it this time. Or if you really time constrained just post a single theme.

Anyway: the floor’s yours

1. Ruth Rendell Mysteries(Lucien21)
2. Silent Witness(Intense Degree)
3. Millenium TV series(Lucien21)
4. Vera(Lucien21)
5. The Killing(Original Danish version)(Lucien21)
6. Whitechapel(Intense Degree)
7. The Inspector Lynley Mysteries(Lucien21)
8. The Killing(American remake)(Shany)
9. Dalzien and Pascoe(Panthera)
10. Wallander(BBC version)(Lucien21)
11. Wire in the Blood(Lucien21)
12. Profiler(Panthera)

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The usual Rules: 2 guesses per round and whoever has most points and/or correct guesses wins. When it’s a tie with 2 people having the same amount of points the number of correct guesses beats the number of points. When it’s a tie between the number of guesses the one with the most points wins.

Enjoy!
http://kiwi6.com/file/zx7i941223

(0.00) 1. (well known 1 pt)—Not technically the theme Smile
(1.05) 2. (old 2 pts)
(3.13) 3. (well known 1 pt)
(3.49) 4. (well known 1 pt)
(4.09) 5. (well known 1 pt)
(4.55) 6. (well known 1 pt)
(5.35) 7. (obscure 2 pts)
(7.00) 8. (well known 1 pt)
(8.40) 9. (incredibly obscure 3 pts)
(9.44) 10. (well known 1 pt)
(11.06) 11. (well known 1 pt)
(11.48) 12. (well known 1 pt)

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Without digging up the thread in the old forums, what does “2 guesses per round” mean precisely? That I am allowed two tries per round, or two correct guesses? And when does a new round start?

EDIT: I recognize two for sure, and perhaps one more, but that one “maybe” is worthy more points, so it’s a question of vital strategic importance. Tongue

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Some great themes there! Smile A couple that I recognize, but can’t remember the name of right now…

Also, I have a couple of which I have a pretty good guess on, but I’ll see if I can remember one of those others first.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

AFGNCAAP - 03 June 2012 04:21 PM

Without digging up the thread in the old forums, what does “2 guesses per round” mean precisely? That I am allowed two tries per round, or two correct guesses? And when does a new round start?

EDIT: I recognize two for sure, and perhaps one more, but that one “maybe” is worthy more points , so it’s a question of vital strategic importance. Tongue

2 correct guesses each until I say the next round starts. Usually once everyone has had a shot and I post the scores for that round.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Okay, then: 11 is definitely [spoiler]Sherlock[/spoiler]. 7 may be [spoiler]Carnivale[/spoiler].

This space intentionally left blank.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Correct in both cases

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

6. is Warehouse 13 Doesn’t always have great episodes, but I love the premise, and the feel.

Edit: I’m very unsure about the others. I think I know 2, but I can’t seem to place it yet.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Also correct

Roberta Williams

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

8. Game of Thrones (which I allready used in my very first quiz btw)

9. The Bridge(Bron/Broen)

5 I also used in my first quiz

Otherwise a great quiz. Besides the three I mentioned and those that are allready guessed there’s one more I recognize. Otherwise I’m stumped.

Funny by the way. What you call obscure I’d call well known and what you call incredibly obscure I would call a little obscure. Funny how those things work.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top