• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I just wanted to wish you all the best, hope you all have a great day, with lots of nice thingies under the tree (if you’re into such things). I’m off for the traditional christmas turkey Grin What do you and your family eat on christmas eve?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Here in Denmark most people eat either duck or “pork roast” (doubt anyone outside Scandinavia has any idea what this is) with brown sauce, potatoes (not mash!) and red cabbage. I guess it’s comparable to Thanksgiving in America :-)

Personally I eat duck, and I’m about to enjoy it in about 15 minutes. Merry Christmas, all! Grin

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Here at the Pierce residence we’re eating the traditional Christmas eve fondue. Merry Christmas everyone!

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

We don’t really have a traditional Christmas Eve dish. I think the plan tonight is Pad Thai, actually. It’s a funny ol’ world, innit?

Have a wonderful holiday season, and warmest wishes to those who aren’t with their loved ones this year.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Merry Christmas from me too! I think being together and making it gezellig is more important than the dinner. I also think about the people who don’t have it as good as we do. Wouldn’t it be great if they could have a day off from their troubles and misery?

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Merry Christmas everyone.

Hope you feel as elfy as i do.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

These happy Santa Clauses have been in our family for at least twenty years. My mother once tried to get rid of them, but after protests from me and my brother they appear on the coffee table every year:

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Merry Christmas to all! Sheng dan kuai le! I wish everyone a safe, warm, happy holiday season, and a healthy and prosperous year ahead.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Merry Christmas to everyone! Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Merry Christmas to everyone from me, too!  I had great meals at my aunt’s house last night and my sister-in-law’s place today.  I won’t need to eat again until the new year.  (Well, except for a few cookies and some Bailey’s Irish cream before bed.)  Innocent

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I hope you all had as much presents under the tree as we did:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

We have Sinterklaas in Holland. That means no presents with Christmas. Don’t you celebrate Sinterklaas evening in Belgium Timovieman? I always see Sinterklaas on Belgian TV too.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow!..  Tim you are such a lucky man Wink

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 26 December 2012 05:37 PM

We have Sinterklaas in Holland. That means no presents with Christmas. Don’t you celebrate Sinterklaas evening in Belgium Timovieman? I always see Sinterklaas on Belgian TV too.

Sinterklaas is purely for the kids.
Adults exchange all their presents at either Christmas or New Year. Christmas then being the most common. That also means that most kids get double presents in December, both for Sinterklaas and Christmas. Grin

Some (very local) regions have Sint-Maarten instead of Sinterklaas, though, which means they’ll exchange gifts in mid-November. It’s extremely local though, just a few towns still have the Sint-Maarten tradition while most often the neighbouring towns don’t.
Sint-Maarten also features trick-or-treating, and hollowed-out beets instead of pumpkins. But it’s getting more and more replaced by Halloween. Forsaking local traditions for foreign ones… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Here Sinterklaas is for adults and kids alike. On the evening of December 5th gifts are exchanged. The gifts go together with poems that usually heighten the positive or negative points or adventures of the recipient, always in a fun and jesting way. Often the gifts are packed in a ‘surprise’ funny or complicated packaging that usually has to do with the poem.
Unfortunately many people have abandoned Sinterklaas evening for Christmas but Sinterklaas is still very strong in the Netherlands. His arrival is on national TV and Sint himself appears in many talk shows and other TV programs.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sinterklaas is also big in Belgium, but the entire concept is solely focused on kids. His arrival (usually in Antwerp) is broadcast on semi-national (Flemish) TV, and all of our biggest actors participate (for instance, Jan Decleir has been Sinterklaas for over 20 years I think).
I don’t think Sinterklaas is such a big deal in Wallonia, though.

The Sinterklaas gifts (almost exclusively toys) are only given on the 6th of December here. Usually early mornings, before the kids go to school. No poems. Tongue

Towns where they celebrate (or used to celebrate) Sint-Maarten have mostly abandoned it for both Halloween (the trick-or-treating) and Sinterklaas (the presents). The rest of the presents have always been at Christmas (or New Year’s) here…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top