• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Phoenix Tales

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2019-11-08

PM

Hi everyone,

My name’s Steve, and I’ve been a die hard fan of adventure games (Sierra and LucasArts specifically) for about 30 years.  I just discovered this site about two weeks ago—and I’m really enjoying the content and the forum.  This is my first post, so I guess I’ll go ahead and put my feet in the fire by announcing my new (and first ever) game, Phoenix Tales.  I started this game in 2010, real life stepped in (aka—my wife got pregnant), and it got put on the back burner for about 6 years.  Worked on it again in 2017…and then it was put on hold yet again!  However now, at the tail end of 2019…it’s done…finally!

I put my heart and soul into this, and I’m really proud of it.  I knew absolutely nothing about making a game when I started, so I learned as I went along.  It’s not the longest game in the world - taking your time and doing everything there is to do should take you around 3 to 3.5 hours (a bit faster for seasoned adventure gamers).

The game is for sale for $4.99 at:

The website - www.phoenixtalesgame.com

Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1187490/Phoenix_Tales/

ABOUT PHOENIX TALES

View the trailer here -

Watch a 15 minute gameplay demo here -

Something strange is happening in the land of Rydanthia.  You arrive in the town of Northern Cross and quickly discover things are not what they seem.  Merchants tell stories of nearby towns that are deserted.  There are frightening creatures lurking in the forest.  Can you solve the mysteries surrounding this threat?  Can you live to tell the tale?

A CLASSIC ADVENTURE GAME
At it’s core, Phoenix Tales is an adventure game.  Modeled after classic point-and-click style games of the 1990’s, you’ll have to use your wits to solve the puzzles.

RPG ELEMENTS
Gain experience and level up your character as you progress through the game.  With individual stats and several weapon / armor upgrades to find, Phoenix Tales is an RPG-lite experience too!

A UNIQUE COMBAT SYSTEM
While you’ll need your brain to solve the mysteries plaguing the town of Northern Cross, sometimes a little brawn comes in handy too.  Master a unique combat system that requires both timing and strategy!

MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
Sometimes being a hero requires help.  Along the way, you’ll meet a companion who will prove to be quite helpful on your quest.  He has his own play style, attributes, and attacks.

A FULLY IMMERSIVE AND DETAILED WORLD
Using real world locations and motion capture actors, which are then “cartooned” into a unique art style, there is plenty to see, do, and explore.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top