• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Horror Games Thread

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-07-06

PM

My favourite horror game is The Long Dark. I am personally a great fan of this game because I like to play survival games because I think they are close to reality. After playing this game too much I came to practice different survival skills in this game. I want to share those points which I gathered from my personal experience to remain alive in the game.
1 Navigation is the key in this game.
2 Manage the resources.
3 Set up Camp and be efficient.
4 Prioritize tasks.
These are some general tips I want to give from my experience. Other than this, I want to say be creative and enjoy this game because only the tough one survives.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

OH god, this game “The Long Dark”  looks like my greatest fear in video game form.

I can handle monsters and ghosts, I can handle jump scares, and slow-burn psychological horror.

But dying of exposure is probably my greatest fear, with heights being a close one too, or catching a deadly disease.

And also the vast void of space, but I don’t go out there very often so it doesn’t come up.

I’m simultaneously intrigued and terrified by how this LONG DARK game looks

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I’m currently playing Song of Horror and I’m pleasantly surprised. It caught my attention when I saw is in the style of old Resident Evils with fixed cameras and heavy on puzzles and backtracking but I never expected it to be that scary. The game plays like an adventure game, with puzzles and documents to read but it has these mini games sprinkled that are not really action but more like a type of QTE.

What makes it scary is that it has a permadeath mechanic and you have only a few characters you can play as in each episode. So if all of them die is game over and you have to restart the episode from the beginning. Some of the deaths are a little annoying and unfair because sometimes you can’t tell if you can avoid them or not is like a gamble.

And the minigames are mostly easy but some can get kind of ambiguous on what you have to do so it becomes easy to die. Overall, however the feeling of tension for not wanting to die is incredible, added to the atmosphere and sound makes one of the scariest I have played in a while.

The game can be played without permadeth though, so it would be basically an adventure game with some QTEs that don’t have consequence, but of course it loses a lot of the tension.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I don’t have a computer that can run Observer, but I played it by going to a LAN center, or PC cafe or whatever they call them now.
I usually like investigation games, and “walking simulators” but I felt Observer has too much narrative and no gameplay.  Which is a really weird complaint when I think about things I enjoy. I wish it played closer to Call of Cthulhu.

But last night I did start a First Person Horror Adventure called “Echo night”
And the hour or two I played I really enjoyed!
It starts out slow and way too easy, but later on there are some monsters to avoid, and lights to manage, and inventory, and that sort of thing.

EDIT:

I played a lot more of this game to form a better opinion and some of the puzzles really pick up.  It reminds me of adventure games like Hotel dusk in the way that you navigate in first person, but it also reminds me of Theresia Dear Emile in terms of how you over come obstacles, how you can take damage and use recovery potion, and how you solve puzzles that are sometimes straight forward but sometimes obtuse.  With a little bit clock tower thrown in for good measure to encourage you run from phantoms that WANT YOU DEAD!

Echo Night sadly doesn’t blow my mind in the year 2020, but in 1999 on PS1, I certainly would have never played anything quite like it.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Echo Night sadly doesn’t blow my mind in the year 2020, but in 1999 on PS1, I certainly would have never played anything quite like it.

Loved Echo Night in the PS1 days. I couldn’t stop playing it. Great game in its day.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2020-07-30

PM

Hi All!

It’s Piotrek from Klabater! If you have a moment, please check and/or support This is the Zodiac Speaking Kickstarter Campaign which is now live! This is the Zodiac Speaking is a spine-tingling fact-based dark story about a murderer who terrorized California in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s, developed by PUNCH PUNK. The game is already in an advanced stage of development but with a little bit more help from you, devs we’ll be able to finish it sooner, launch it on consoles and add more languages! We feel it is a must-have if you liked narrative-driven games like Firewatch or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Don’t hesitate, support us and play the demo (available exclusively on Kickstarter)! This is the Zodiac Speaking is a true American crime story with the Zodiac killer is ingrained in American pop culture. And though, this game is by no means a homage to serial killers, it’s a story about their victims and the people who survived. This is the Zodiac Speaking was created by a team of award-winning writers, developers, and acclaimed musicians, please find more information on Kickstarter page!

THIS IS THE ZODIAC SPEAKING KICKSTARTER - bit.ly/thisisthezodiacspeakingkickstarter

- This is the Zodiac Speaking Teaser

Image Attachments

4ikowh0s10f51.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2020-11-04

PM

Hello 👋
I am an indie game developer from Belarus. And recently I’ve finished my game (god, it took an unexpected lot of time and was distressful). I never did such games before and it’s a small puzzle-horror (more puzzle than horror). The player finds himself in a space of infinite stairways (something like less scary scp-087), from which, however, can try to get out by solving some riddles. I intended to make this game atmospheric and filled taking as a basis my own fears and nightmares. I hope I’ve achieved at least some of this.
My game is called Levels of Descending and everybody welcome to try it 😊
https://aeternum-vale.itch.io/levels-of-descending

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2020-01-21

PM

Been scouring itch.io recently and got around to to playing Earl’s Day Off: a hybrid horror/fishing game. I have a real soft spot for fishing games. Played Sega Bass Fishing with the rod controller for countless hours as a kid. Would have never thought to combine the genre with horror, but it works really well.

https://airdorf.itch.io/earls-day-off

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I believe the game Erica could be considered a horror game. I’m really enjoying my play of it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top