• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I want to Play…

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

In continuation of my love for riddles and with the thought that it might be relevant, I’ve created this thread for the enjoyment of those who share my passion.
In this thread I will post on going riddles for those who would like to play the game with me. The riddles will be in the spirit of the adventure games we all like (small puzzles). The answering will occur here and the riddles will be consisting of several parts so you will be wise to remember that answers of the previous parts.
Dont be shy. Try to explore with google and wiki for the clues you need, cause you will need them. GOOD luck.

I hope this thread will become known in the forums and that the game will continue long. Shell we start? first part rather easy…

Part I:
I have the most famous tongue in the world.
The year in which I was born with the year in which I presented my relative
Add the digits until only one representitive is left.
Reflect on the letter and find who I am.

Answers should be post on this thread as it should be a gorup effort. I’ll post the next part as soon as the first part is solved. Have fun Smile

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

32 and no answer? is it the lack of interest or the lack of trying? hmm… “Nobody wants to play with me” (Ace Ventura, 1997)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Part I:
I have the most famous tongue in the world.

Gene Simmons From KISS

The year in which I was born with the year in which I presented my relative

This sentance makes no sense. Gene was born 25/08/1949

Add the digits until only one representitive is left.

Adding 25081949 until you get 1

Reflect on the letter and find who I am.

A

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Nice work! only you are mistaken Smile It is true that gene simons has a famous tongue but he’s not the only one. There comes the sentence “that make no sense” to tell you both whom the riddle is talking about and both the correct years (there is more than one…)

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

In that case it is an Einstein riddle.

Born 1879, theory of relativity published 1916

Add that all up to get a 6

Letter F

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

OK OK you are so close! Grin you are correct with everything besides the small hard clue that it’s “his relative” his “private family” or “private relative” - and that was published in 1905.
so you get on the same i dea which you already apllied - the letter D.
NICE WORK!

here’s the second part, that one is a bit harder:

A sword, a city and people in shiny armors,
Spanish romances tell about the rumors.
A man of many a city that fell to a horse,
He will tell you of the object they liked the most.
Is it a letter hidden there once again?
do try and hold that answer deep in your brain.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

I’ll probably play at some point! I ran a riddle game thing on the previous forum, but there was relatively little interest near the end, and the first forum where I started it booted back up, so I decided just to continue there.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Yeah, it’s obvious there’s no interest in this forum for such games.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Actually, that’s not true. There IS interest, but unfortunately it’s VERY limited…

@ WitchOfDoubt: I’m sad to see the Witch’s Epigraph end… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Then there are those people like me who might like to join in but simply don’t get the hang of such riddles…

No inventory items, how am I supposed to go from there?! Grin

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

well if you clame that there are at least 2 people that i can play with that i shell continue.
do you need/want a clue on the second part or can you figure the solution out by yourselves Grin?
once you solved that part - there will be a third… and fourth… and fifth… and…

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I think the 2nd riddle has something to do with El Cid.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

OK I decided on giving a hint:
Start with finding the city that fell to horse and turn it into “many”...
then use google

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The city that fell to horse could be Troy. Turning Troy into “many” would suggest the present-day country of Turkey.
The crescent moon is a very popular symbol in Turkey (it’s on the flag as well), and a crescent moon looks like a ‘C’.

So, ‘C’???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

turning Troy into “many” it just means go ploural. try googling Troys or Troyes and finding a connection with something that reminds you of objects that appears in the riddle.
hint: you will find more than one result regarding your serach - you will have to make the right connection

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

SOmething to do with the Knights Templar then.

The guy who founded them lived in Troyes as did a poet of romantic stories (Chrétien de Troyes)

The object could be The Holy Grail which has connects to the Templars and the poet.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top