• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabrielwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ah, makes sense, didn’t know last month was the first time he was called, his time will come. I didn’t follow Belgium qualification group stage and I mostly only know the players from the Premier League, the keeper and Steven Defour (that plays in the club I support Smile ).

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And after the best goalkeeping in the tournament we got the worst in the Russia-South Korea 1-1 draw

Poor guy Smile

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Russia played some incredible football in 2008. I love the fact that all their players are from the domestic league, but I don’t see players in their squad right now that can shine like Arshavin or Pavlyuchenko (and their captain got injured right before the tournament). Still, everything is possible in this group.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 June 2014 07:53 PM

And after the best goalkeeping in the tournament we got the worst in the Russia-South Korea 1-1 draw

Poor guy Smile

lol

I found Russia non serious, too casual.

Mexico played amazing game, amazing atmosphere.

Germany looking strongest contender yet.

And i think this Worldcup has worst referees.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 17 June 2014 07:07 PM

Ah, makes sense, didn’t know last month was the first time he was called, his time will come. I didn’t follow Belgium qualification group stage and I mostly only know the players from the Premier League, the keeper and Steven Defour (that plays in the club I support Smile ).

Well, most play in the Premier League (or are/were being pimped out by Chelsea), so you know most of them.
Indispensable in the team are Courtois in goal, Kompany and Vertonghen in defense (Vertonghen on the left because we have no alternative), Witsel as defensive midfielder, and Hazard and Debruyne on offensive midfield. And frankly, I wouldn’t mind if Hazard got replaced in the national team because he has in almost 50 caps not once been as good as he has been at Chelsea this season…

Regarding the keeper, aside from Germany (with Ter Stegen), how many other countries have one of the best keepers in the world (Simon Mignolet) on the bench because there’s an even better one in the goal?

Wow, isn’t Akinfeev supposed to be a world class keeper??? That’s the biggest fumble of the tournament so far. He trumps even Casillas! Gasp

nomadsoul - 18 June 2014 01:18 AM

Germany looking strongest contender yet.

That’s who I bet on before the tournament, for sure. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Another good match by the Aussies. Too bad they missed the chance to make it 3-1 or 3-2. That would’ve destroyed the Dutch team imo. Personally, based on their match against Chile and this one, they deserve at least a point. I expected them to do better than most pundits said they would, and they haven’t disappointed yet. Just haven’t got the results yet.

Holland confirmed. Unfortunately they confirmed the first hour of the match against Spain, and not the last half hour. The only ten minutes they were any good today was after they put the 2-3 on the board. Van Gaal is overrated as a trainer. Which sucks for Man Utd.
Depay played a great second half. De Guzman was invisible - I’d forgotten he was even on the pitch when he got subbed…

I said before the tournament that I expected Holland and Spain to underperform. Sadly, I’m proven right. Especially now Spain has just conceded against Chile (which is one of the best teams so far)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Spain are 45 mins from being eliminated as Chile are cruising at 2:0.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I didn’t expect Spain to do well, but I never expected this bad.

Also, it’s incredibly unfortunate that Valdes was injured right now, it’s been clear for several seasons that he’s the best goalie in Spain. No doubt he would have been the #1 choice this year, finally. I wouldn’t have put Casillas as the #1 or even #2 even in the Confederations Cup, let alone this year. And we can see the result now.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree. I don’t even know why he’d been called up, let alone put in goal. I don’t even know why he got the cup and Champion’s League matches this season. Half the goals he concedes are goals he could have prevented.
Up to two-three years ago, Casillas was one of the best keepers in the world. Now I wonder what he’s still doing at a top club. And that at an age where he’s supposed to peak as a goalie… Meh

Edit: and exit Spain. And the way things are going, I don’t even think they’ll beat Australia.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Spain become the 5th defending champions to go out at the first round. They never looked up for this tournament at all.

So It’s a return trip for them and the Aussies who are also heading home.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good job Chile, a lot of heart in the game.
DeGea and Diego Lopez should also be ahead of Casillas, but he was a monster 4 years ago, Spain only suffered 2 goals in the whole tournament, too bad coaches always want to stick with the big names.

Earlier Cahill scored the best goal in the tournament, great stuff!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hahaha super fun match, something was really off with Cameroon, they went full
berserk,started with spontaneous physical attacks on Croatia ended on attacks on their
own team mates ROFL.

Mex vs Cro gonna be intense.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

England have 45 mins to try and rescue their tournament.

It had to be Suarez, but they are 0-1 down to Uraguay at half time.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s a shame really, since Uruguay is the least impressive of all the South American teams at the World Cup, and I really like this England team. Getting rid of the old guys (Cole, Lampard, etc.) was long overdue, imo. I just wish they didn’t insist on playing Wayne Rooney. There are better players in the squad, imo. Also, why isn’t Luke Shaw playing?

Actually, this England team resembles the French team: a lot more youngsters than before, and showing more promise than they did in the past decade. This won’t be their tournament yet, but in two years time? Oh, yeah! Cool

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well for a long time in the second half England were the better team, Rooney finally got his World Cup Virginity popped to make it 1-1.

It looked likely England would go on to win the game, then from out of nowhere a long kick from the Uruguay keeper a glance off Gerrards head and all of a sudden Suarez was through on goal and buried it.

Suarez 2-1 England

England now need results to go their way to qualify. It’s a longshot.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top