• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Boring match, both teams are meh

Edit:

Wow USA won, Ronaldo is zero value addition

94 mill worth strikes again

Edit2:

Draw, amazing show, the boring match turned into superb dramatic finish.

Man last 10 seconds lol.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Check the result again, nomad

Still, we’re probably out the same, but the last game should be fun

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 22 June 2014 08:01 PM

Check the result again, nomad

Still, we’re probably out the same, but the last game should be fun

Hey i was busy editing my post , check the last post Tongue

yes proven wrong, fantastic header. Smile

Look at the pass and time :o

Ronaldo redeemed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Can’t blame you,nomad, I was about to turn off the TV, also wasn’t really expecting it…

Varela, that scored the last goal, should’ve been playing from the start, also William Carvalho, the one that got in at half time, some of the most fit players there and barely used.
Also, 3 injuries and 1 suspended (Pepe) before game and 2 more injuries in the first half, something was wrong with the preparation or something…

Now the last game, Portugal needs to score goals and Ghana needs to win so it should be an open game. And lets see if Germany and pal Klinsmann won’t draw…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 22 June 2014 08:15 PM

Can’t blame you,nomad, I was about to turn off the TV, also wasn’t really expecting it…

Varela, that scored the last goal, should’ve been playing from the start, also William Carvalho, the one that got in at half time, some of the most fit players there and barely used.
Also, 3 injuries and 1 suspended (Pepe) before game and 2 more injuries in the first half, something was wrong with the preparation or something…

Now the last game, Portugal needs to score goals and Ghana needs to win so it should be an open game. And lets see if Germany and pal Klinsmann won’t draw…

If USA draws with Germany or even if Germany wins, Ghana/Portugal need goal lead ,not just victory else USA will still make it 2nd.

Would be epic loss if goal difference will bite in the ass.

Competition is even more tougher now and results still cannot guarantee 2nd
position.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

We deserved a win against Portugal. We played much better and created many more chances. Last minute goal was a heartbreaker.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 22 June 2014 10:02 PM

We deserved a win against Portugal. We played much better and created many more chances. Last minute goal was a heartbreaker.

How come it wasn’t deserving, both teams were equal, Portugal would have been 3
if it had not been for that goal post. So blame that.
Deserve talk is only logical if penalty is robbed or referee messes up.

Well i still think there are high chances of USA making it.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 22 June 2014 08:22 PM
wilco - 22 June 2014 08:15 PM

If USA draws with Germany or even if Germany wins, Ghana/Portugal need goal lead ,not just victory else USA will still make it 2nd.

Would be epic loss if goal difference will bite in the ass.

Competition is even more tougher now and results still cannot guarantee 2nd
position.

Germany and the USA just need a draw and the Portugal/Ghana result wont matter.

A draw puts both Germany and USA on 5 points. Portugal/Ghana can’t get more than 4 points with a win.

Also Portugal would have to win their game by 3 or 4 goals and hope that Germany wins by a couple to over come the 5 goals goal difference.

Never going to happen. Portugal are out of this tournament, they just dont know it. I predict that Germany and the USA will play out the worlds most boring draw on Thursday and rest players for the next round.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Portaugal is out, everybody knows it here Neutral but the draw was probably the most fair result against the USA. The americans had more close shots from outside and that ridiculous save from the portuguese defender in top of the line, but Tim Howard was the Man of the Match, that says a bit about some of Portugal chances.

So today we have:

Brazil - Cameroon - Brazil will probably destroy Cameroon, african team is lacking motivation and Brazil wants to assure first place.
Mexico - Croatia - Both teams are doing great, should be a very balanced game to see who gets the second place

Chile-Netherlands - Both probably want to avoid Brazil so it should be interesting match
Spain-Australia - Will probably be a boring match but I’m hoping for Australia to get some points to reward the interesting first 2 games they had, but it’s going to be hard without their star player.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

All combinations for each of the group - http://imgur.com/a/47Fue#0

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 -

Never going to happen. Portugal are out of this tournament, they just dont know it. I predict that Germany and the USA will play out the worlds most boring draw on Thursday and rest players for the next round.

I don’t think they’ll make it overly boring. They’ll play “normally” when the score is level or the USA is in front. When Germany is in front (with never more than one goal), they’ll be incredibly lax, to allow the US to draw level.
If it looks like Portugal might win with just one goal in it, Germany might even “win” (goal difference will ensure Portugal is third anyway). But if it looks like Ghana could win, or Portugal could rack up a massive tally? You can be sure it’ll be a draw, even if the score only gets equalized late in the match…
Can’t make it TOO obvious the draw’s fixed, right? Grin

wilco -

Chile-Netherlands - Both probably want to avoid Brazil so it should be interesting match

Thanks to the “Brazil must win the World Cup” campaign, sponsored by FIFA Corruption, this match doesn’t decide who gets to avoid Brazil. Group B plays first, THEN group A. Brazil gets to pick who it wants to play… Shifty Eyed
But it won’t matter. Chile has been BY FAR the best team at this tournament while Holland has only been good on average 15 minutes per match, while sucking for the rest of the match (kinda like Belgium, although we only scrape together 5-10 good minutes per match). And Van Persie is suspended. Chile will win this easily.
And if Brazil is smart, they’ll want to play Holland, not Chile.
Although it doesn’t matter as I’m sure the refs will help them anyway. Shifty Eyed

In fact, I predict a semi-final between Brazil and Germany where Neymar will blatantly PUSH a German defender in the box (after about 5 minutes of play), and be awarded a penalty while the fouled German will get a red card. Just so that Brazil might win.
I predict the same in “our” end of the knock-out stage in the quarterfinals vs. Argentina as well. So it’ll be an all-South American final (Brazil vs. either Argentina or Chile), which Brazil will win.
I’m willing to put money on this. In fact, I already have. Naughty

FIFA, prove me wrong!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Erm, you were saying?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 23 June 2014 11:53 AM
Lucien21 -

I don’t think they’ll make it overly boring. They’ll play “normally” when the score is level or the USA is in front. When Germany is in front (with never more than one goal), they’ll be incredibly lax, to allow the US to draw level.
If it looks like Portugal might win with just one goal in it, Germany might even “win” (goal difference will ensure Portugal is third anyway). But if it looks like Ghana could win, or Portugal could rack up a massive tally? You can be sure it’ll be a draw, even if the score only gets equalized late in the match…
Can’t make it TOO obvious the draw’s fixed, right? Grin

wilco -

Thanks to the “Brazil must win the World Cup” campaign, sponsored by FIFA Corruption, this match doesn’t decide who gets to avoid Brazil. Group B plays first, THEN group A. Brazil gets to pick who it wants to play… Shifty Eyed
But it won’t matter. Chile has been BY FAR the best team at this tournament while Holland has only been good on average 15 minutes per match, while sucking for the rest of the match (kinda like Belgium, although we only scrape together 5-10 good minutes per match). And Van Persie is suspended. Chile will win this easily.
And if Brazil is smart, they’ll want to play Holland, not Chile.
Although it doesn’t matter as I’m sure the refs will help them anyway. Shifty Eyed

In fact, I predict a semi-final between Brazil and Germany where Neymar will blatantly PUSH a German defender in the box (after about 5 minutes of play), and be awarded a penalty while the fouled German will get a red card. Just so that Brazil might win.
I predict the same in “our” end of the knock-out stage in the quarterfinals vs. Argentina as well. So it’ll be an all-South American final (Brazil vs. either Argentina or Chile), which Brazil will win.
I’m willing to put money on this. In fact, I already have. Naughty

FIFA, prove me wrong!

That is a lot of conspiracy theories.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

10 goals for the Netherlands, 3 against (2 of them penalties that should not be), places us at the top of our group. Not an easy group either. Not bad for a team that only plays good for 15 minutes in a match, Tim Wink

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Netherlands counter-attacks are great. Robben maybe best player in the tournament so far.

Cameroon scored a goal! They are playing much better today.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top