• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UPtimist - 28 June 2012 05:23 PM

And finally Balotelli got his game on. I’m glad - he has such massive expectations set on him, and even if he’s a bit of a character, he’s a fantastic player and you could see that his heart was clearly in the game.

Meh, I don’t like Balotelli. “A bit of a character” is a serious understatement. You just can’t count on him: he’s unreliable and unprofessional. If he plays like yesterday, he’s a fantastic player, but he’s just as likely to cost you the match by taking a dumb red card as he is to miss a certain goal as he is to score a hattrick. Unless he gets his act together, he’d never make my team if I were coach.

Same goes for Cristiano Ronaldo. His behaviour during the match against Denmark (constantly complaining, playing bad and not celebrating when the team scores, etc.) should have earned him a ticket home. It was NECESSARY that he improved his play in the matches after that. Were I in charge, he wouldn’t have gotten a second chance after that horrible second match.

And you’re right about Pirlo Smile

Of course. Never understood why AC Milan let him go last year…

In other news: Van Marwijk resigned as coach for the Dutch team. Good riddance, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

So who says Italy and Who says Spain ?!

... it kinda late, but i bet on Spain anyways

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It could go either way, but i’m going Spain.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The perfect treble as Spain win the third major tournament in the row.

Euro 2008
World Cup 2010
Euro 2012

First team to retain the Euro title, first team to win 3 tournaments in a row, first team to wina major title by 4 goals.

Is the current Spain team the best football team ever?

Spain 4-0 Italy

Totally outclassed the Italians.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 01 July 2012 04:39 PM

Is the current Spain team the best football team ever?

Spain 4-0 Italy

Totally outclassed the Italians.

is That is even better than the French(98-2003) or the Brazilian(2002-2005) achievements or maybe almost the same, i can not really be sure but the french team after world cup ‘98 had , Euro Cup ‘00 , the Confederation cup ‘01-‘03.......... Brazil World cup 2002 Copa América ‘04, Confederations ‘05 !!!!

anyway Congrats Spain Grin .. the best generation of the Spanish football EVER for SURE!

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yeah, unforunate how this went.

Chiellini injured, a “meh” substitute of Cassano to Di Natale and completely absurd substitute of Thiago Motta (made absolutely no sense in the first place), which then ended with his injury after a few minutes, which killed the game completely half an hour before it was over. I mean, 2-0 down, one player less. No team could ever take the game against Spain at that point, not even speaking about Spain who played as well as tonight - at their best.

Better team won, but Italy wasn’t that bad until that second injury. They had their chances and with proper substitutes and a bit of better luck this could’ve been a completely different game. That second injury though, it was clear that was it at that point.

But, my two favorite teams and the best two teams (well, Portugal was really good too) in the finals. So, it was an unfortunate result and overall Italy would’ve deserved a better end, but at least they were 1 and 2. And I’m glad Spain was the first team that “doubled” the championship.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nice to see there’re some football fans with adventurers, as well. Tongue

My impression of the tournament is good overall, but I feel that the group stage was slightly better in terms of quality and excitement than the knockouts. I wasn’t actually rooting for Spain from the beginning, but they’re the best team - they have the biggest selection of quality players. They can lose, it happened before (or draw, like with Italy in the groups) but at the end of the day their quality emerges, simply because they have the strongest national league led by domestic players, and even some average players become better and more confident in such situation.

England should do something similar - England league is surely just as strong as Spanish - but it is dominated by foreigners. They should ask themselves if they want to have the strongest league, or better national side.

Russia could have done much more if they had managed to reach the quarters. They’re the team that could potentially win against everyone (but also lose to everyone, as it showed in their loss to Greece).

Germany - this generation is great, but I feel they’re being “overhyped” by the media which doesn’t suit them - they still lack something “extra” as it showed in last major tournaments - 3rd place in 2006. and 2010., 2nd place in 2008.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Not a final outcome I had expected after seeing the semi-finals. Spain were at their absolute best, and they completely shut down the Italian team. Xavi made sure Pirlo was never free, so Pirlo didn’t get to have the ball at all. Defense was all over Balotelli (who spent more time lying down than standing up), and until the moment Cassano was substituted I wasn’t even aware that he was on the pitch.

Perfect match from Spain, who just won a major title with a 4-6-0 formation (no strikers). Although, if you see how high the defense is at all times, it’s more of a 0-4-6 formation… Tongue

This match was dead as soon as the 2-0 fell. Even without Motta’s injury (and subsequent 11-vs-10 situation), there’s no way Italy would’ve come back in the match.

Italy grew in the tournament, but Spain was playing brilliantly when it counted.

Since Pirlo was kept out of the match by Spain, it’s kinda hard to name him “Man of the Tournament”. My vote goes to Ramos, then. He’s also been brilliant this entire championship…

Edit: apparently they made Iniesta “Man of the Tournament”. As much as I love Iniesta, I think Ramos was better. But who am I kidding? They never give this to a defender… Tongue

diego - 02 July 2012 07:24 AM

Germany - this generation is great, but I feel they’re being “overhyped” by the media which doesn’t suit them - they still lack something “extra” as it showed in last major tournaments - 3rd place in 2006. and 2010., 2nd place in 2008.

What are you talking about? Like you said yourself: 3rd in 2006, 2nd in 2008, 3rd in 2010 and 2012. Only Spain does better…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

yeah, I haven’t expressed myself the best - of course they’re the best achievers right after Spain, but what I meant is they still haven’t been the champion.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2007-06-22

PM

Well, there’s a set order in which they are to shoot, so AlveS was probably going when Nani was supposed to, and they can’t change order after it has been set, so…

The list given is just an helpful procedure; it’s ultimately up the ref.
All that pressure was making him noticeably panicky —not justifiable for players with an absurd income like his—, so Nani stepped in. Him trying again was to keep Ronaldo for last (an unsurprisingly stupid idea from Paulo Bento).

“This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I’ll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday my friend. Peace.” -Old Tart Toter

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Wow, that’s an old topic Tongue

Anyway, just nit-picking, it was, as I recall, Ronaldo’s own idea to be the last shooter. His request.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2007-06-22

PM

Such a glaring error like yours couldn’t go unpunished! It was his idea to listen to a dumbass. 

*It’s ultimately up TO the ref.

“This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I’ll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday my friend. Peace.” -Old Tart Toter

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Baraelona VS Real Madrid .. Super-Cup Highlights

in 6 years if i remember correctly Real beaten Bara one time only at the camp nou !

what do they need, i think they got (Real) the best team and the Best Couch .... maybe someone should kill Messi Grin

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

What is the best couch? They could probably afford the best one, but I doubt they could fit the whole team on one of them.

I’m partial to a corner one with a reclining section myself. Not a fan of Leather ones.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 24 August 2012 06:40 PM

What is the best couch? They could probably afford the best one, but I doubt they could fit the whole team on one of them.

I’m partial to a corner one with a reclining section myself. Not a fan of Leather ones.

Man you should have gotten used to my Spelling Mistakes by Now Crazy,
Sorry , i meant Coach (Mourinho) Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top