• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Charley keeps playing… part 2

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

The second murder has occured. Martha Jolie was killed by stabbings and was left to die which happened later in the hostipal she was rushed to. It was determind that the killer knew to stab Jolie in such a way she couldn’t possible survive but yet she was kept alive never the less. Blood on the scene belongs to the victim and was also confirmed to be the alien blood that was found mixed in the spray blood of the victim Angy that was found not long ago. It seems the killer left a message with the blood print and the fisher’s knife, but unfortunately the police didn’t come up with protecting Jolie on time. Chief Inspector on the case says they should have thought of checking the DNA in the blood to compare with the 2 owners of such knife, but they just didn’t think of it.
With the body of Jolie there was a letter, mainly addressed to the DIs on the case. That’s you!

“So, you didn’t stop me, did you? kind of bad I had a great plan B in case you showed up to stop me from killing that bitch. I kinda hoped to put it out into action. But I guess boring killing will do. But I’m not done playing. I don’t know if you found out yet or not not where my next murder is. I hope you did or else this will be most disappointing.
But let’s get to the point. You need info, right? or else it won’t be fun.
Here it is then, pay attention:

Use the first of my second and the last of my third
to find the famous woman’s key to unlock a code that smells like vinegere.
It’s just like he did but better. Do you know who he is?
Oh and when you do find out what this letter means,
Do look everywhere, even above the words.

ZBJMLK QEBSCDIS EKWAMPT
JBO AS DVJ NLKX
IV XFAX LVQI EPRM
HCF IPRRGHJ ANW VMYIQE”

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM: precisely what wounds did the killer inflict on Martha Jolie?

GM: Does all the blood on the scene belong to Jolie?

GM: Were the wounds inflicted with the same knife?

GM: Is it possible to trace the IP adress for the person who ordered the BRUwatchamacallit from worldknives in Jolie’s name?

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

GM: precisely what wounds did the killer inflict on Martha Jolie?
The wounds seem to be random and chaotic, unlike the first victim. It’s like the killer is using a totally different MO than the first murder. Most stabs were made to the torso, puncturing vital organs without immidiately killing the victim. But there was something strange about three of the cuts as they looked like the Zoro symbol Z.

GM: Does all the blood on the scene belong to Jolie?
Yes.

GM: Were the wounds inflicted with the same knife?
Yes.

GM: Is it possible to trace the IP adress for the person who ordered the BRUwatchamacallit from worldknives in Jolie’s name?
The IP is of Jolie’s laptop. her husband says she did order a knife but it was lost in the mail or something since it never arrived.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM: I wish to talk to the expert on mass murder my colleague spoke to earlier to ask him if he recalls any case where the victim was attacked at home, stabbed repeatedly and left for dead. Also perhaps done in such a way as to keep the victim alive as long as possible and I definetly would like to know if he’s seen the Z shaped incision before.

GM: What postal service was in charge of the knife’s delivery and to which sorting centre was it send?

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

GM: I wish to talk to the expert on mass murder my colleague spoke to earlier to ask him if he recalls any case where the victim was attacked at home, stabbed repeatedly and left for dead. Also perhaps done in such a way as to keep the victim alive as long as possible and I definetly would like to know if he’s seen the Z shaped incision before.

The expert says he’s busy and you should look up this info by yourself. Although he does point out that the Z might be a clue about what you should look for.

GM: What postal service was in charge of the knife’s delivery and to which sorting centre was it send?
The knife reached the mailbox of the reciever. The police says the killer must have stolen the knife from the mailbox.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Advice: try to think more of the clues and do some research on google and wikipedia. Searching for leads like you do is pure police work. All you need is on the scene of the crime, the internet and in the texts. searching surveliance cams and postal offices will only lead you to exclude suspects and lead you to the obvious facts. Our killer is much smarter than this

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Did we give up? Remember you can ask for a HINT

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

No I was just absent. Now I’m back. I’m going to be away on friday again just so you know.

As for hints I don’t know where to start. I checked the whole list of serial killers who have a z in their initials but none have commited a crime that is even vaguely like the murder of Martha Jolie. I don’t know any famous woman who had anything to do with keys. Obviously the key is not literal but rather a means to crack a code but apparently there aren’t any famous female code breakers nor are there any famous female spies who had anything to do with code breaking. A code that smells like vinegar could mean that the code is a douche but that dosn’t make in any sense. What it does remind me of is the cryptex from The DaVinci Code which means that the famous woman is the Mona Lisa but there’s nothing about any kind of key concerning the Mona Lisa unless the killer’s refering to the famous LVM but I can’t see how that would help me crack the code. And though I haven’t tried all rotations yet I’m fairly certain the code’s not a simple Ceasarcipher. So I’m kinda at a loss. 

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

As for hints you dont need to know where to start. you just type in HINT and I give you one.
Regarding the serial killers, you probably missed one very famous which name’s starts with a Z. You also looking for the same MO, so what serial killer used cipher notes?
The famous woman is th key. you need to find her name. you need to figure out what is the first of the second and the last of the third.
A code that smells like vinegere… try to find a cipher on google that titles the name Vinegere or something remotly close. It’s not Ceaser cipher.

I see you are Waaaay off from even remotely solving this. You gotta use hints. I’ll give you 3:

1. YOU HAVE TO FIND THE DATE OF THE KILLER’S “NEXT” MURDER. You didn’t solve that from the letter he left on the first scene. Without that, you are doomed to failure. Look over the note and think what the dates give you.

2. Look closely at the 2 victims’ names. VERY CLOSE. CLOSER! You don’t see it? THE KEY IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU!

3. When you look at your screen, look very carefully. There is more to this game than just the posts…

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

When I saw the z the first thing I thought was th Zodiac killer because he did indeed send cipher notes. But his crimes are so radically different from the murder of Martha Jolie. He killed couples and not individuals, he shot them istead of stabbed them and he did in open places such as carparks. The only mourder that somehow resembes this one is the one on Cheri Jo Bates which officially has never been credited to the Zodiac killer And even then there are huge differences. She was found on a carpark and not in her home, she died on the scene. I fail to see any simmilarities other than the taunting letter. And as far as I know the Zodiac is the only killer with a z who wrote cryptic messages.

I found the Vinegere cipher but without the famous woman that’s nut gonna be much use. Any hints as to what kind of famous woman I’m looking for? From what era, what made her famous, prefession. Something like that.

1. As for a date. Probably today since that was the day Hitler and Mussolini met for the first time. (first murder was the day Hitler commited suicide, second murder when Germany invaded France)

2. Googling Angy Macus and Martha Jolie didn’t turn up anything except a hundrd hits for Angelina Jolie. Which could mean that the next victim will be named Brad but somehow I don’t think the killer’s that shallow.

3. I shoved my face into the screen countless times now but I still haven’t got the foggiest what you’re talking about.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

OK since the purpose is fun and not pain i’ll give the solution up until now Smile

“Don’t name me like you did him,
I’m much better.
A better day I chose,
Like my favorite - hitler
Now guess when I will kill next
maybe even the person or the place
Take his without the one that I did
and you maybe catch me in the deed”.

this is the first letter. now you concluded right that hitler died on 31 august while the murder took place in 30 in april; “Without” could easily mean substructing (if you’ll substruct the year pur elogic will tell you you can’t). You’ll get a new date: 1st in april! wait… but that means the killer already did his “next” murder… Just like it is suspected that anny wasn’t Jack the ripper’s first victim (by some ripperologists). Maybe checking the police records about events on that day will show some leads…
When you check them you found that there was a victim that was stubbed 39 times just like Batham’s case of Jack. Now it’s clear that the killer is mimicing jack and the zodiac. first two kills were by jack’s MO and the third was by the zodiac’s. Now you can understand what the “first of the second and the last of the third” means. The second victim was Angy Macus, the third was Martha Jolie. the first name of the second is Angy and the last name of the third is Jolie - Angy Jolie or Angelina Jolie. let’s look at the second letter:

“So, you didn’t stop me, did you? kind of bad I had a great plan B in case you showed up to stop me from killing that bitch. I kinda hoped to put it out into action. But I guess boring killing will do. But I’m not done playing. I don’t know if you found out yet or not not where my next murder is. I hope you did or else this will be most disappointing.
But let’s get to the point. You need info, right? or else it won’t be fun.
Here it is then, pay attention:

Use the first of my second and the last of my third
to find the famous woman’s key to unlock a code that smells like vinegere.
It’s just like he did but better. Do you know who he is?
Oh and when you do find out what this letter means,
Do look everywhere, even above the words.

ZBJMLK QEBSCDIS EKWAMPT
JBO AS DVJ NLKX
IV XFAX LVQI EPRM
HCF IPRRGHJ ANW VMYIQE”

The Zodiac sent cipher letters to the press while he was active. At the third murder of the Zodiac there were couple of people attacked BUT ONLY ONE DIED, the woman, by stubbing, and she died in the hospital and not on the scene. Sounds like what our killer planned for the third victim. Easy search in Zodiac’s wiki page tells you all of that. You really only had to search for a serial killer which used cipher letters and which name starts with Z. Now the key is angelina jolie, the cipher “smells” like vinegere. That’s confusing on purpose. it means it sounds like vinegere. Searching known ciphers you come across Viginere Cipher which requires a key to decript it’s text. now you can decipher the letter using ANGELINAJOLIE ans see what you get.
Deciphering it will tell you that you actually already saw the murderer’s name somewhere before…........................................................

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Charly - 18 June 2012 07:51 AM

this is the first letter. now you concluded right that hitler died on 31 august while the murder took place in 30 in april; “Without” could easily mean substructing (if you’ll substruct the year pur elogic will tell you you can’t).

Now that I never would’ve thought of myself.

Now you can understand what the “first of the second and the last of the third” means. The second victim was Angy Macus, the third was Martha Jolie. the first name of the second is Angy and the last name of the third is Jolie - Angy Jolie or Angelina Jolie. let’s look at the second letter:

Now that makes sense. I thought he was refering to the name of the serial killer he was imitating.

The Zodiac sent cipher letters to the press while he was active. At the third murder of the Zodiac there were couple of people attacked BUT ONLY ONE DIED, the woman, by stubbing, and she died in the hospital and not on the scene. Sounds like what our killer planned for the third victim. Easy search in Zodiac’s wiki page tells you all of that.

Well yes but the rest of it is so different. There was only one victim, no gun , no clothesline, no public space. The only thing they have in common is the stabbing and that the victim died in hospital. The same can be said for hundreds of attacks a year.

You really only had to search for a serial killer which used cipher letters and which name starts with Z.

Don’t you think I tried that. In fact the Zodiac was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the z but the murders are just so different. I still can’t see the similarities in MO the way that it was very clear with Mary Ann Nichols/Angy Macus

Now the key is angelina jolie, the cipher “smells” like vinegere. That’s confusing on purpose. it means it sounds like vinegere. Searching known ciphers you come across Viginere Cipher which requires a key to decript

I already found that.

I don’t really have time right now to go decrypt the cipher but maybe this evening or perhaps tomorow. (just so you know I didn’t give up)

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

That’s weird. I’ve no idea why he made a quote out of my whole post

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

gray pierce - 18 June 2012 09:35 AM

That’s weird. I’ve no idea why he made a quote out of my whole post

The forum needs the entire quote tag (including author and date) when you open a quote. My guess is you didn’t do that for every bit part, only for the first…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

GM: I want to interview Mark Corner again and ask him if he has an alibi for the time of the murder on Martha Jolie.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

The idea was for you to think of zodiac and then just check the murder list in wiki for him and see the match on the third victim (just like ours, if you count the murder in 1st april, which the killer assumed you’ll solve eventually).

That’s why the date of the 1st of april was so important: it gave you another murder, it gave you that it is the zodiac, it gives you angelina jolie… the whole investigation rests on that single clue. I must say “without” reffers to minus in many adventure games and also i already used it in the previous riddle I posted in “I want to play…”

At any case, things weren’t suppose to be easy for you anyway Grin

regarding mark, No he doesn’t have an alibi for the time of death. he claims to be at the thames taking a walk there. But it is most likely he didn’t commit the murder as he has a very firm alibi in the murder of Angy, and it’s defenately the same killer in both cases.
assumption of cooporation between corner and the murderer is unlikely as police profiling says: The killer loves his genius play. he doesn’t see it as sick twisted killings but rather a test of wits. he wouldn’t have shared the glory with anyone else.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top