• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What do You Look Like

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Let’s revive an old thread. Because nothing spells Christmas like a Christmas tree and a tacky Christmas sweater…

Merry Christmahanukwanzakah! Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hey Timovieman, you still look the same as last time I saw you. The sweater isn’t that bad; some people in my street were walking around with sweaters with blinking lights on them. Handy for on the bicycle, but a bit over the top as well Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 26 December 2018 10:16 AM

Hey Timovieman, you still look the same as last time I saw you.

I’m 15 kg lighter, though. Tongue

The sweater isn’t that bad; some people in my street were walking around with sweaters with blinking lights on them. Handy for on the bicycle, but a bit over the top as well Smile

At home with guests on Christmas Eve and with my parents on Christmas Day was fine. I wasn’t the only one with a tacky sweater.

Going to the cinema yesterday evening to see Aquaman was a different matter. I felt ridiculous when the lights were on and my coat was off. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You look good, Timo, and that Christmas sweater is quite tame compared to some I’ve seen.  I don’t have any pictures, but I went to a party wearing a headband with an attached 12” Christmas tree, a t-shirt with a Christmas tree design, and a sweater with lots of cardinals perched on branches. My sister had on a Santa hat and a poncho that looked like Santa’s coat.  We got a few double takes while driving to the party, but we just smiled and waved.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I figured you’d look more like this:

(he also had the far superior movie Grin)

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2019-02-07

PM

TimovieMan - 10 February 2019 04:04 PM

I figured you’d look more like this:

That chinless ersatz with pillows for armor is nothing but a scrawny rookie trained by the late Deputy Chief Judge Fish. RIP.

EDIT: And the glorious ‘95 adaptation was better in almost everything compared to the most recent bleak one. The pre-CGI special effects made the comics come alive, giving it also a charm akin to a Fifth Element/Demolition Man/Total Recall. The two lawbreakers known as ABC Warrior and “Mean Machine” were a sight to behold… BUT, above all, it gave me the best theme a Judge could ever ask for.

EDIT 2: What I’m trying to say here is that Robocop did it better.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

VP, back to school

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

This is me. Smile

Image Attachments

175533919_1893802460772015_5832864889174214509_n_(2).jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hey, Jelena!  It’s good to see you here again.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

And it’s good to see you too. Smile

Lazy Bee

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Hi! So how was the ABBA museum?

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

That was just a bar close to the museum. I haven’t been at the Abba museum actually.

Lazy Bee

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 September 2021 10:14 AM

VP, back to school

This looks somewhat like one of my notebooks in high school when trying to come up with band names and logos. Was that what you were doing?

Thumbs Up

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It was my first day, so most of it was explaining the school’s infrastructure, applications, etc. I’m an attentive student, but also a doodler, so when information is repeated and I have a couple of pens and markers in front of me, it’s basically second nature.

I haven’t been in the benches for a while, so it really did feel like a throwback to a different time. All of the logos I doodled are of existing bands, except Vegetable Party (yours truly) and defund Ted Cruz (just a general sentiment I had on my mind).

But I also have a list of imaginary bands! I could post ‘em around here somewhere, but I’m not sure if it would make a viable thread and I don’t want to turn AG into my personal posting space.

It’s a fun hobby, though. Big smile here reading you (used to?) do the same.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Vegetable Party - 19 October 2021 06:43 AM

But I also have a list of imaginary bands! I could post ‘em around here somewhere, but I’m not sure if it would make a viable thread and I don’t want to turn AG into my personal posting space.

I think it would make a great thread! A lot of us are musicians here.

We could even find adventure-themed band names…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top