• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fifa World Cup 2018

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Good performance from Peru; unlucky.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Yeah Denmark were lucky with that 1-0 win. Peru played quite well, however some great saves and a dreadful penalty miss (It was a touchdown conversion) kept them goalless.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Penalties are hard, ask Messi Tongue
Peru didnt deserve to lose. Think it might be a good game against France

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I don’t think I’ve seen a penalty that bad since my school days and even then I’m struggling to recall one.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

dumbeur - 16 June 2018 03:13 PM

I don’t think I’ve seen a penalty that bad since my school days and even then I’m struggling to recall one.

It was a bend it like Beckham

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Croatia beating Nigeria 2-0, deserved win.
Lots of penalties in the WC, guess its a result of VAR.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

deserved of course… but this is far from the Nigeria of the Caf qualifications performances, i am sure will see a better performance from them thru Iceland and Argentina matches, even if they couldn’t win.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Sucks to live in California during the world cup. The matches today started at 3:00 AM Shifty Eyed
France looked poor, and they had a super boring match against Australia. Argentina played poorly, but it is not surprising since they barely made the world cup. I thought Peru played brilliantly and they deserved at least one point if not the three points. Finally, Nigeria was poor and they continue the disappointing African streak. On a side note, I really love the VAR systems and for once, no one is speaking about the refereeing.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SoccerDude - 16 June 2018 10:50 PM

I really love the VAR systems and for once, no one is speaking about the refereeing.

glad you brought this cs i really wonder how does it work,  is it completely in the hand of the pitch’s referee to get an assist from the VAR ref or is it to players to plead for using it when necessarily, cs i ve seen it worked this way in the match of Portugal v Egypt, when Ronaldo scored a goal at the end of the match and the referee(s) considered it offside, but then Ronaldo and the teammates pleaded to the ref to use it, then and after some long secs nearly a min he declared its righteousness as a goal.

at the last match Nigira Match vs Croatia he used this tech for declaring a penalty for Croatia upon a handball inside the box, mins later it happened the other way inside Croatia’s box, but it was as if i am the only one in the world who had seen it.
anyhow how it really works and when it should be used? is not very clear.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 17 June 2018 01:03 AM
SoccerDude - 16 June 2018 10:50 PM

I really love the VAR systems and for once, no one is speaking about the refereeing.

glad you brought this cs i really wonder how does it work,  is it completely in the hand of the pitch’s referee to get an assist from the VAR ref or is it to players to plead for using it when necessarily, cs i ve seen it worked this way in the match of Portugal v Egypt, when Ronaldo scored a goal at the end of the match and the referee(s) considered it offside, but then Ronaldo and the teammates pleaded to the ref to use it, then and after some long secs nearly a min he declared its righteousness as a goal.

at the last match Nigira Match vs Croatia he used this tech for declaring a penalty for Croatia upon a handball inside the box, mins later it happened the other way inside Croatia’s box, but it was as if i am the only one in the world who had seen it.
anyhow how it really works and when it should be used? is not very clear.

I’m glad you asked Smile I was just watching a video about this because I was curious as well. Fifa has a detailed explanation of how it all works:

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks SD, but this rather technical than operative explanation, and more its rather made me more confused; at min 1:40 it suggests that they (the Var committee) could overpower the Pitch referee buy communication with him if he missed 1 of the 4 scenarios in the subject.

anyway let us see, how many failures it will provide, if it helps to reduce the referee’s critical mistakes then, Hola, it is a great invention, otherwise, it is obvious what will happen to it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What a first half by México! Great game!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Mexico are battering the holders all over the park.

Better strikers and they should be 3 up instead of just 1-0.

Germany need to think at half time.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Great defending and hitting Germany on the break worked.

Mexico get the first big shock of the tournament by beating the holders.

1-0 Mexico.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, México with the first big surprise. Germany first half was terrible, maybe overconfidence. Second half México manager to hang on.

Great goal by Coutinho! Brazil starting good

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top