• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoJdawg445TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

subbi - 14 March 2018 10:05 AM

Haven’t you heard?

They are working on Star Wars for adults and it’s called Dune!
Apparantly Villeneuveis even thinking of multiple movies, so this is really where sci-fi fans should be looking forward to, rather than the umptieth childish fairytale in space by Lucas & Co.

Can’t wait.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I saw A Quiet Place this afternoon, and I recommend it highly.  It’s suspenseful, well acted and beautifully photographed.  Similar stories have been told before, but not quite in this way.  Don’t read any spoilers before you go see it, but do see it in a theater, if you can.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-04-06

PM

I know I am late to the party but just saw the Black Panther yesterday. I usually watch movies at home and I watched it late due to being busy with work and life, and failing to find a balance Tongue

The movie was good fun but left me wanting more from it. None the less it was a good first outing for the Black Panther.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Watched Avengers:Infinity War on the plane and what a pile of dung. 2 and a half hours of purposeless CG.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude - 28 September 2018 03:34 AM

Watched Avengers:Infinity War on the plane and what a pile of dung. 2 and a half hours of purposeless CG.

I liked the ending too bad everything will be rolled back…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 28 September 2018 10:13 AM

I was wondering how will they make another Spiderman or Guardians or Black Panther movie before the next avengers, with the characters being erased. They have to make another Avengers first or treat those movies as prequels to Infinity War.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude - 28 September 2018 03:25 PM
wilco - 28 September 2018 10:13 AM

I was wondering how will they make another Spiderman or Guardians or Black Panther movie before the next avengers, with the characters being erased. They have to make another Avengers first or treat those movies as prequels to Infinity War.

Yeah, next movie is Captain Marvel that’s a prequel set in 90’s. After that is the second part of Infinity War where everybody will probably be resurrected. That’s the thing in comics, no one dies. Even Agent Coulson was resurrested after the first Avengers.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The next Infinity War film is going to be a time-travel movie, which is how they’ll bring some (not all) characters back. Spider-Man has already been confirmed (because Tom Holland can’t keep his mouth shut in interviews), and I’d be surprised if they keep the newer ones erased. Black Panther is definitely returning, imo. Not too sure about the Guardians after the fall-out between the studio and James Gunn over a tweet he made over decade ago. Bautista is out if Gunn stays out, and others will do the same. Luckily they already set up a new team of Guardians with Sly Stallone.
And I don’t think we’ll see Loki or Gamora again.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Went to Avengers: Endgame yesterday.

It rarely happens that events of a scale this big not only NOT come off as overblown and annoying but actually feel as epic as they should.
The moment when all the “returned” assemble to form a gigantic army to face off against Thanos’ army was the biggest “hell yes!” moment I’ve had in cinemas since the charge of the Rohirrim in The Return of the King (which in turn was the biggest “hell yes!” moment since the charge of the Rohirrim in The Two Towers Tongue)...

I was wrong about a lot of predictions, but at least I nailed my pre-Infinity War statements that Stark and Cap wouldn’t come back after this and even then the manner in which Captain America “retires” was unexpected.

It’s funny that in a 400 million dollar film like this, the worst special effect is Thor’s gut.

And despite the fact that I’m very much an Anthony Mackie fan and am very ‘meh’ about Sebastian Stan, I was still hoping for a “Bucky Cap” plotline in future films. Seeing Cap give his shield to Sam instead of Bucky elicited a “NO! Bucky’s *right there*!!!” from me. Tongue
Although that could be because this was yet another one of my theories that crashed and burned with this film. Grin

Anyway, very solid 4/5, which is the same score I gave Infinity War, although I think I like Endgame better. Slightly better pacing I felt, and the epic stuff actually felt epic here.
Infinity War had the whole “throwing a moon at someone” stuff which is exactly what irks me when the scale gets too big.*

(*) Although that’s relative. In X-Men: The Last Stand, I felt the entire Alcatraz sequence was on “too big a scale” and put me off, yet in Days of Future Past, Magneto lifting an entire stadium (which is arguably on an even bigger scale) didn’t bother me…
So… depends on the movie?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

I saw the Detective Pikachu movie yesterday, and I’d say it should set new standards for video game adaptations. It actually respects the designs, the world and the kind of themes and storytelling you’d expect from a Pokemon story. Plus it really makes the whole “CGI plus live-action” work. If you were ever a fan of Pokemon, don’t miss it.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Watched Once Upon a Time In Anatolia movie. Pretty great stuff. I don’t think there’s been a bad “Once Upon a Time…” movie yet, at least that I’ve seen.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

First Reformed, a genuine approach towards the means of having the belief in religions.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I just got around to seeing the latest version of A Star is Born A story with Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper both playing as very talented musicians. Loved the music!

I also watched Alita Battle Angel - it’s one to watch at the cinema or preferably in a 3D IMax place as although the story was okay the strength is in the cinematics.

Leave is excellent but very depressing.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I just watched The Hunt a Danish film about a guy who was accused somehow by a young girl who accused him (wrongly) of exposing himself + (after her father’s drunken friends had exposed her to ‘adult pics’). It’s not a spoiler to say that the film includes a misguided witch-hunt.

As with many Scandinavian films it’s interesting but thoughtful & slow burning.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 01 September 2019 03:13 PM

I just watched The Hunt a Danish film about a guy who was accused somehow by a young girl who accused him (wrongly) of exposing himself + (after her father’s drunken friends had exposed her to ‘adult pics’). It’s not a spoiler to say that the film includes a misguided witch-hunt.

As with many Scandinavian films it’s interesting but thoughtful & slow burning.

Don’t forget to mention Mads Mikkelsen’s excellent performance!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top