• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Remakes ,Sequels or New IPs from the famous classics’s Developers/Designers ? (Poll)

Poll: Would you Rather See Famous Devs Making ...
Total Votes: 52
Remakes for their Classic Adventures
Sequels of their famous IPS
New & Fresh Concepts/IPs

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doesn’t really change my statement.

the hell with these kind of stubbornness

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What? Because Iznogood and myself gave our opinion back in February, and that opinion hasn’t changed in the meantime, we’re stubborn???
How about “nothing happened in the meantime that could have changed that opinion”???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 08 October 2014 06:20 PM

What? Because Iznogood and myself gave our opinion back in February, and that opinion hasn’t changed in the meantime, we’re stubborn???
How about “nothing happened in the meantime that could have changed that opinion”???

ok ! how about that: the devs make ags for audience taste not of their’s, and actually who does the latter must be described as .. i dont know what ?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

New ideas are generally the best. I only prefer a sequel (or a prequel/spinoff) if I really feel like the story isn’t properly finished yet or the world has still much to give.

Thinking how Culpa Innata or Dreamfall are finished games (even though some people disargee) but have plot points that are completely left open for future. They demand a sequel. Then we have Gabriel Knight and Tex who don’t really need new games but there’s definitely a demand for them anyway - and those new games wouldn’t need to be forced at all, the settings leave still many possibilities for new games.

Personally I’d also love another game for The Dark Eye universe. Those games were surprisingly good and charming and it’s not like that fantasy setting would run out of possible plots either. Gray Matter 2 is also quite high on my expected sequels.

Also I’d still like to hear more about Blackwell series but luckily it at least had a good run with 5 great games. Can’t really ask for a lot more than that.

To me remakes mostly serve a role as a reviver. I don’t really care so much about GK1 but if it can give me GK4 or some other Jensen games I’m really happy about it. I will of course also play it. I would not mind to have some remakes from some of the very early and infernally hard and unfair adventures (or other genres either really). If the game would fix dead ends and other early gameplay sins while presenting nice graphics, music and voice acting I can’t really say that it would have been a useless remake at all. But I think games that are barely playable are very rare, and those kinds of games are the ones that would benefit from remakes the best. One should also remember that remake does not have to be identical to the original. It can also have a very different take on things, as we’ve seen with movies. Not sure how easy it would be to change an adventure classic though.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I voted for Sequels, as i want Gk4, GF2, MI4, Fullthrottle2, Graymatter2, BASS2 etc. like anything.

But apart from Cecil i don’t think anyone could do justice to sequels in their current form.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

The ability of remakes to revive series seems overrated.

An exception… AGDI’s successful efforts led to others following and attempting to do the same thing, and I would argue that AGDI’s excellent and attention-grabbing remakes were the initial catalyst for a chain reaction leading to a lot of what has happened in recent years, but besides them I just don’t see asventure remakes being worth the effort. Though the Monkey Island ones were also good.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Like someone said earlier, for me - ideally - it would be every single one of these choices. Heh.

I love seeing new IPs from old developers, I’d love to see some sequels, and yeah - there’s some remakes I’d love to see.

Bt

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-05-03

PM

I might be in the minority but I’d love to see a third Laura Bow game. I’m a sucker for murder-mysteries in any era.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

New IP’s! Gotta stop living in the past. Onward, forward! New exciting adventures await!  Pan

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

BouT2 has renewed my belief in the awesomeness of adventure game sequels. Moebius and the GK1 remake on the other hand… :p

Nah, I dunno. Just depends. Remakes are probably the least desirable of the three, as a lot can be lost in the upgrade, but they can work. The MI remakes were far better than some give them credit for.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top