• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Exit: A Biodelic Adventure

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

Steam Page with Demo for Windows and Linux

Exit: A Biodelic Adventure is an indie sci-fi classic point’n'click adventure game set in a surreal biopunk world. A world in which computers can be fed and cured, where DNA-passwords open gene-locks, and insect hormones revitalize memory. A world with biofactories that give birth to household utensils, where genetically-modified molds can generate virtual realities, and — worst of all — where an epidemic is ravaging the human race, infecting people’s neuronet implants and enslaving them to the mysterious Worm.

It all started when the neuronet brain-implants were made. They were designed to help people; sort information, filter out bad smells and tastes, clear out your thoughts. Despite claims that the neuronets reprogrammed their hosts instead of adapting to them, they boomed in popularity. The neuronets grew. They integrated, became aware of their hosts’ secrets and weaknesses… And then, like a sudden crash of thunder, the Epidemic of the Worm happened, and the human race surrendered to the neuronets. Entire wormy cities now exist where inhabitants perform sinister rites and search for new victims.

Who are you in this story? Hunter or prey? Fugitive or savior? Which do you choose: to fight, to fit, or to Exit?

For fans of the biopunk subgenre; early movies of David Cronenberg (“Videodrome”, “Naked Lunch”, “eXistenZ”), the books of Stanislav Lem (Eden, Observation on the Spot), Paul Di Philippo (“Ribofunk”), Jeff Vandermeer (“Born”), the comics of Charles Burns (“Black Hole”, “Last Look”), and the classic Dark Seed and Vangers games.

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

I’m looking for a new image of the protagonist, which one do you like the most (sketches by Andrey Kovalev)?

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I liked the old one but I agree the new one fits much better with the art style! Given the colourful backgrounds I fear #1 would look too grey, so maybe #2 which has more accents? I like that #3 looks less like an action hero, though.

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

Thank you! Yeah, #2 is a bit brutal, and my game is a pure point’n'click adventure without any fights, but he’s also rather charismatic =). Maybe it’ll be an interesting move, what do you think?

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

Greenlight has been shed on the lair of the mutants! Thank you very much for your help and support! Stay tuned for the newest DNA samples and the grooviest gene mixes!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/biodelic/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/neurosauropod
Tumblr: http://neurosaur.tumblr.com/
Vkontakte: http://vk.com/biodelic
Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874412440

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

A final draft of the protagonist. The next step is character’s animation.

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2015-01-11

PM

This all looks and sounds very interesting! I’ll keep my eye out for this game Smile Hope some gameplay videos surface soon!

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

Thank you! I also wish K’NOSSOS best of luck!

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2015-01-11

PM

Thanks man, hopefully both games will make it to the other side Wink

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

Happy New Year!

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

Whoa, it’s been a while. ‘Exit: A Biodelic Adventure’, the biopunk point’n'click I’m working on, has its own Steam page now! https://store.steampowered.com/app/620410/Exit_A_Biodelic_Adventure/

It was a long journey; through a succesful Greenlight campaign, changing game engine from a homemade one to Unity, (with the Adventure Creator add-on), and a complete redrawing of all the graphics and characters from scratch (credit to Alexandr Iwaac for backgrounds and models, Andrey Kovalev for concepts and illustrations, and Anton Kapralov for Steam pictures).

New screenshots:

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

Wow… that is the stuff of bizarro nightmares.  So weird and trippy I won’t be able to resist buying.  I had a similar reaction to when I first saw Neofeud.  Very impressive.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

It’s come a long way since the initial character designs you showed us - looking great!

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Absolutely stoked for this game! Inventory use seems very novel and the “weirdness factor” is through the roof. I hope it’s smooth sailing all the way through release.

Joined 2016-12-01

PM

russ869 - 03 March 2020 04:31 PM

Wow… that is the stuff of bizarro nightmares.  So weird and trippy I won’t be able to resist buying.  I had a similar reaction to when I first saw Neofeud.  Very impressive.

Thank you! Bizarro is the right word =).

Phlebas - 04 March 2020 07:08 AM

It’s come a long way since the initial character designs you showed us - looking great!

Yay! I’m happy to hear it!

DCast - 04 March 2020 08:21 PM

Absolutely stoked for this game! Inventory use seems very novel and the “weirdness factor” is through the roof. I hope it’s smooth sailing all the way through release.

Thanks a lot! There will be different ‘biointerfaces’, like I call them: the old-school ‘nose’, ‘mouth’, ‘ear’ and lots of biopunk stuff: bioport, implanted caterpillar, reference mollusc, tentacle-finger etc. Player will be able to add them, swap them with other creatures and so on.

Some new biopunk gifs!

The larvae yin-yang represents the duality of youth, describing how they are always hungry.

A tiny mutant from our biodelic lab gives you this slighty mutated flower.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top